ADVERTISEMENT

MLB just pulled All Star game from Atlanta over voting rights...

So basically anything that is unappealing to the left is cancelled now

Remember when conservatives got shit on for even thinking covid could have been created in a lab? You were such a racist piece of shit bigot for even mentioning that the virus could have been created in a lab in Wuhan. Sunday, 60 minutes did a segment on how that’s the most plausible cause of the virus origin lol. And now all the libs, like Tony Kornheiser (whom I love) are preaching that’s where it started. The left is a bunch of fvcking cry babies and if you have a different opinion you’re a bigot. And then when they’re wrong there’s no apology and the news channels act like it’s breaking news that’s never been talked about before.

Last edited:
Or just someone standing up for what they believe is right? Why was Atlanta picked over others in the first place?
Brand new ballpark and brand new area around the ballpark that can comfortably host giant crowds. Would have been cool to do a big Hank Aaron tribute too given he passed away this year.

Friends with a lot of Braves season ticket holders down here and they all upped their ticket packages to be guaranteed ASG tickets. Needless to say, they’re livid.

Mixing politics with athletics is just plain wrong. We all appreciate sports as a spectator and as an opportunity to escape the craziness in our society. Please do not destroy what we all appreciate by intruding upon it with politics. Norm

Major League Baseball executive meetings:
Guy A: We're losing fans every year and the decline is accelerating. We must do something to improve the game.

Guy B: We need to decrease strikeouts and home runs and increase action on the field. We can deaden the ball, lower the mound, ban the shift, ban stepping out of the box between pitches, have a pitch clock.

Guy C (sarcastically): Or we can take a divisive stance on a political issue and immediately anger half our fanbase. Haha

Rob Manfred:..

Let me see if I can understand this. First of all, I could care less about MLB. By moving the game away from Atlanta, they are punishing the Braves who did nothing to promote the passage of this law. Also, they are punishing the city of Atlanta, the state’s democratic stronghold.

Remember when conservatives got shit on for even thinking covid could have been created in a lab? You were such a racist piece of shit bigot for even mentioning that the virus could have been created in a lab in Wuhan. Sunday, 60 minutes did a segment on how that’s the most plausible cause of the virus origin lol. And now all the libs, like Tony Kornheiser (whom I love) are preaching that’s where it started. The left is a bunch of fvcking cry babies and if you have a different opinion you’re a bigot. And then when they’re wrong there’s no apology.
It’s amazing how many idiots have fallen for and support the constant antics.

Baseball needs young fans. Young people will overwhelmingly support this move.

Baseball needs to keep the majority of their paying customers happy and young fans don’t pay the bills. But I guess they’ve gotten comfortable with few fans in the stands.

Old fans aren't going anywhere. You'll rant and rave but it's all talk. Remember when you all went nuts about the NFL? It's doing just fine.

The problem for baseball is who is going to pay those bills in 10, 20, 30 years. Soccer has been the more popular youth sport for at least a decade, probably longer. Baseball has already been behind football and basketball for 30 years.

Baseball needs young fans. Young people will overwhelmingly support this move.

Ignorance is bliss. There were no voting rights infringed by the new voting rights law. The WOKE crowd screams racism and industry overreacts. Some CEO's need to grow a set and have a spine.
They didn't even look at the law, before they made the decision. I believe Coke & Delta are offended, as well. Fear of getting cancelled is gripping the country. This is the world the Dems are bringing us. Big Brother is taking over...

Or just someone standing up for what they believe is right? Why was Atlanta picked over others in the first place?
No. Georgia passed an election reform law that basically tightens up the opportunity for fraud. For instance, you have to produce an ID (eg. your drivers' license or public ID #) to request an absentee ballot and the earliest you can apply for a ballot has been cut from 180 days to 78 (2 1/2 months). But you do have to produce an ID for firearms, EBT (food stamps), cigarettes, to rent a car, etc. The use of RVs as mobile polling stations has been restricted ("ouh, ouh, only 10 of the 250 voters on Maple Street have voted. Let's drive the RV over there and help them out.") Handing out food and drink at the polling lines is now verboten. No more chicken from Popeye's or Everclear masquerading as water to mix with Georgia's state drink, Coca-Cola. Two-Thirds of the nation is obese, probably higher in Atlanta. I think they can wait 2 hours. That rag called The New York Times claims to have studied the 98-page law and found 16 items that "suppress the voter turnout to the advantage of those nasty conspiratorial Republicans.

Major League Baseball already has enough problems and doesn't need more. If they want to help the Black Community, they ought to set up programs to encourage young black athletes to pursue careers in baseball. There are more people from Latin America (primarily from Mexico and especially the D.R.)playing in the Major Leagues than Blacks in the U.S. who gravitate more toward basketball and football.

For my part, I gave up watching it a long time ago when I could no longer identify with the struggles of an $8 million/year second baseman who can't bat his weight and who will sign a new contract with another team next year.

I for one am glad they moved it, why play it in a place where no one can vote for the players in the game? HIYO!!!
It was the fans stuffing the ballot box again. Who wants to see an N.L. line up with the Atlanta Braves at all the starting positions?

The next time MLB schedules an All-Star game in Atlanta, they will cancel it again because the team name and image are insulting to the indigenous First Nations people.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
It was the fans stuffing the ballot box again. Who wants to see an N.L. line up with the Atlanta Braves at all the starting positions?

The next time MLB schedules an All-Star game in Atlanta, they will cancel it again because the team name and image are insulting to the indigenous First Nations people.
Yes... time to switch to the Atlanta Cowards... unless Cleveland grabs that first...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT