ADVERTISEMENT

Painter Response To Kravitz Post-game

sporre

True Freshman
Aug 12, 2008
Anyone hear Kravitz ask Painter in post-game interview "what did you see from the top of the ladder and how did you feel?" and Painter answered that "you get a lot of sh*t from people on the other side, from rivals..." and basically talked about rival-supporting media. The answer didn't have much to do with the question. Sounded like a point-blank F.U. to Kravitz. Anyone else listen to that? Didn't even answer his question, just went on a tangent about media.

Eh, good for him. Imagine being Painter and working your ass off and having to hear how Purdue chokes every year in the tournament, and how Painter can't win in March. That shit is annoying as a fan, now imagine being Painter and having to deal with that, as your potential legacy, with random people always talkijg shit about your program, and no doubt to his face. If he wants to blow some steam off, good for him.

What I've noticed is much of the same media that have been knocking/trolling us for the past year are all of a sudden trying to jump aboard and write positive about us. I know I've been keeping mental receipts of it so I'm damn sure Coach Painter and the rest of the coaches and players have made some mental notes as well.

Kravitz is one such member of the media imo. Leading up to the Gonzaga game he was on that IU internet show chatting up Coyle and all his IU-fanboy message board narrative about how we can't get it done in March and how Gonzaga didn't play well against us in November while ignoring that we also played rather poorly.

I don't know if CMP was referencing Kravitz or anyone in particular in his response, but I'm positive he's got mental notes about who tried to pile on over the past year and who treated him fairly.

My mental notes show that much of in-state IU media took their shots. Some YouTube clowns like the two Sleepers guys, a few on the FO68, and some Twitter hacks like Aaron Torres. Coach Painter is a professional and will still deal with people like that so he is a better man than I.

Last edited:
What I've noticed is much of the same media that have been knocking/trolling us for the past year are all of a sudden trying to jump aboard and write positive about us. I know I've been keeping mental receipts of it so I'm damn sure Coach Painter and the rest of the coaches and players have made some mental notes as well.

Kravitz is one such member of the media. Leading up to the Gonzaga game he was on that clown-IU internet show throwing out all the IU-fanboy message board narrative about how we can't get it done in March and how Gonzaga didn't play well against us in November and flippantly predicted they'd beat us in the Sweet Sixteen.

I don't know if CMP was referencing Kravitz or anyone in particular in his response, but I'm positive he's got mental notes about who tried to pile on over the past year and who treated him fairly.

My mental notes show that much of in-state IU media (like Kravitz) took their shots. Some YouTube clowns like the two Sleepers guys, a few on the FO68, and some Twitter hacks like Aaron Torres. Coach Painter is a professional and will still deal with people like that so he is a better man than I.
I'm not sure why you're trying to lump the Sleepers guys into this group. They've been somewhat critical of certain things during the year, but not a lot of it was out of line. And they've been high on Purdue pretty much all year. Greg's been saying for weeks that Purdue was his champ pick

I'm not sure why you're trying to lump the Sleepers guys into this group. They've been somewhat critical of certain things during the year, but not a lot of it was out of line. And they've been high on Purdue pretty much all year. Greg's been saying for weeks that Purdue was his champ pick
Just a couple guys on YouTube who are saying crap to try to build/maintain an audience so they can try to make money by talking about basketball. Take anything they say with a grain of salt.

One guy was a below-average D3 player and the other guy doesn't look like he played a sport of any type in his whole life. Somehow they are some sort of authority on college basketball?? LMAO.

Clowns with a YouTube channel. The handful of times I watched their Purdue recaps every compliment was backhanded. Other teams would lose games and it was just that playing college basketball games on the road was hard. When we lost one it was a referendum on our whole program and any ability we had to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament.

If you like them, good on you. I don't think they're much different than any of the other YouTubers trying to build a regular college basketball podcast.

Those Sleepers guys are fine, but the Indiana press has been extremely condescending to Purdue for many years. The national press has been better, with a few exceptions.

What I saw last night was a gigantic weight lifted off the shoulders of the coaches, players, alumni, fans, and everyone associated with the program. For Painter, it was vindication after all of the crap that he has taken for many years. For Edey, it was much of the same.

I think that we’ll see a focused Purdue team next weekend. NC State better be ready.

Kravitz was in Cleveland covering the Browns back in the late 80s and was loathed. Nobody was sad to see him leave for Indy. Good to see he hasn't changed.

When we lost one it was a referendum on our whole program and any ability we had to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament.
I agree, 100%.

That said, plenty of Purdue fans have taken the same attitude on this forum. 61 wins over the past 2 years was always tentative success. EVERY SINGLE LOSS was the real story of this team and a doomsday scenario for March.

Best - Seth Davis. Has been on our side from day 1 of the tournament. Openly has said he is cheering for Purdue and CMP. Love it!

Worst - Some nobody named Chris Walker on CBS Sports Network. That frigging tool has no business being paid to talk to about basketball. When the brackets came out he actually called us Purdon't. Every round after that he talked crap about PU and picked the other team. He is a joke.

Best - Seth Davis. Has been on our side from day 1 of the tournament. Openly has said he is cheering for Purdue and CMP. Love it!

Worst - Some nobody named Chris Walker on CBS Sports Network. That frigging tool has no business being paid to talk to about basketball. When the brackets came out he actually called us Purdon't. Every round after that he talked crap about PU and picked the other team. He is a joke.

Don't forget unibrow Wally. Picked against Purdue and talked up opposing players he thought would outdo our guys to put us out. At each step wrong, talking up Nehbhard in Gonzaga game.....where Nehbhard was good....Smith was just the great All American he is.

I agree, 100%.

That said, plenty of Purdue fans have taken the same attitude on this forum. 61 wins over the past 2 years was always tentative success. EVERY SINGLE LOSS was the real story of this team and a doomsday scenario for March.
Agreed. Right here on this board. One of the most recent posters, krazy, is now posting like a member of what he called the "brainwashed cult." Such a transformation!

• Haha
Reactions: Boiler Buck
If you watch any amount of TV, you realize. Much like the WWE, their opinions, beliefs and words are scripted much like a debate or a TV soap opera. Whether they have an opinion or not, they must follow their script and try to make it believable. There must be opposing viewpoints . If all the media guys agreed, there would be no suspense or discussion or people watching their program.

I have to believe they have been ordered to provide misleading misinformation to ensure the ratings will remain high. As this week progresses, I will predict you will see many so called experts predicting Alabama and nc state to win. And you will see them making that guy from nc state a media darling!

If the media goes too heavy on UConn and Purdue nobody outside of 4 schools will watch their show.

So don’t worry about what the experts say. It’s all about building up hype and ratings

Kravitz is one such member of the media imo. Leading up to the Gonzaga game he was on that IU internet show chatting up Coyle and all his IU-fanboy message board narrative about how we can't get it done in March and how Gonzaga didn't play well against us in November while ignoring that we also played rather poorly.

My mental notes show that much of in-state IU media took their shots. Some YouTube clowns like the two Sleepers guys, a few on the FO68, and some Twitter hacks like Aaron Torres. Coach Painter is a professional and will still deal with people like that so he is a better man than I.
The "sleepers" boys tried to act like fanboys and then trashed us in the big ten tournament. I won't listen to their stuff anymore. They can KMA.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Oh and don't forget iu fanboy Rob Kendall on the WIBC Kendall & Casey show. Claimed the refs were all "in the tank" for Edey. Said Gonzaga would destroy us. I nominate him for head of the media clown brigade. In any case done with his show.... although besides him WIBC has been a fun listen this year, esp afternoon guys who are a riot.

Last edited:

Agree on both. Davis went above and beyond what I would expect a media member to do in openly stating he was cheering for us before we got there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT