ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Ivey Commits to Purdue

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/purdue-commit-jaden-ivey-off-to-outstanding-start-to-spring

Ivey went for 28 on a night when they didn’t have J Powell or Pack. He did it all on offense and defense and lead them to a win. Getting that commitment before the EYBL started up was crucial. K Powell has been stacking up offers, it may be time to put some pressure on Carlson and just offer Powell now.

As for other teammates, I don’t think Painter is actively recruiting Davis, but if Davis indicates he would decommit I think he would/should be all over him. His play style matches what Purdue currently has perfectly. Also wouldn’t hate adding Pack the PG of the future. Dude can ball.

From an article, it sounds like Powell could be a Wheeler type who can block shots. He is developing some range but not a 3 point threat yet like Wheeler.

https://amp.courierpress.com/amp/3656715002

Looking at the GBI Ivey video from the weekend - anyone else reminded of Zak Irvin???

Top 50 next rankings update.

Although it is pretty clear is he is currently vastly underrated, his rating won’t change his impact. If they don’t move him up, he will have a chip on his shoulder. But the last few weekends, he has been one of the best players in the nation and he is a Boilermaker. Can’t wait for him to sign on the dotted line and start contributing.

Can't wait to see Jaden do this to CJ "Purdue has no sauce" Walker in 2 years.

It is ironic that CJs decomit opened up a spot for Purdue to land the sauciest player to grace the floor in college basketball the past couple of years in Carsen.

lol, no animosity toward CJ at all. But yeah the irony of CE's sauce maximum is hard not to chuckle @

Reactions: Roeder
lol, no animosity toward CJ at all. But yeah the irony of CE's sauce maximum is hard not to chuckle @
If I remember correctly, we played Auburn in an early season tournament and Carsen drained a 3 at half time buzzer in front of Auburn bench. The great thing about that was that I believe Ronnie Johnson was on said bench as he hit it. Boogie has so much sauce. Man I wish we had him one more year

Reactions: Roeder
Hope neither recruits pull a Derek Willis. Just sayin'. o_O

IMHO.....no chance......

wonder what ol "Del Willis" is up to, though..... ;)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnelk
Willis thought very highly of Willis. I remember his quote where he said he could have came to Purdue and instantly been "the man".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT