ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Ivey Commits to Purdue

Very Solid pick up; not sure how it affect LJ Cryer out of Texas who I’d really like get as well.

Brian in his article wrote this:
The high-scoring 6-foot-4 guard is a three-position of perimeter player capable of playing the wing or in a point guard role. He averaged about 25 points and made nearly 40 percent of his threes as a junior at Marian.

So would LJ Cryer also be a 3 or would he fit better as a combo guard at the 1 and 2?

Have we had many guards that combo 1 and 3?

Saw this mentioned on another site...………

"Mike Brey wanted Ivey bad. His mom actually is an assistant under McGraw and Ivey has always been around the ND mens program. Its a big surprise that Painter got him. Demetrius Jackson went to Mishawaka as well. Brey says he expects Ivey to be even better than Jackson was. "he's as pure of a guard as you get, mindset wise".

Whether 6'2", 6'3", or 6'4" LOL...………….kid has some hops!!!
5cc0d55b4a082.image.jpg

I have seen him a couple of times, and, my younger brother does radio work for HS games in that area and has done a number of his games...very solid player, capable of playing multiple positions...similar actually to Nojel in some ways.

Someone else nailed it though...good kid...coach's kid...grown up in and around the game...solid on and off of the court, and, was clearly a priority for Purdue...bonus to get back up in South Bend as it has been awhile since Purdue has been able to.

He is long...can shoot...can handle the ball...has a nice mid-range game...and, can defend...and, he obviously wanted to play for Purdue, which, as we have come to learn, is as incredibly important.

I have seen him a couple of times, and, my younger brother does radio work for HS games in that area and has done a number of his games...very solid player, capable of playing multiple positions...similar actually to Nojel in some ways.

Someone else nailed it though...good kid...coach's kid...grown up in and around the game...solid on and off of the court, and, was clearly a priority for Purdue...bonus to get back up in South Bend as it has been awhile since Purdue has been able to.

He is long...can shoot...can handle the ball...has a nice mid-range game...and, can defend...and, he obviously wanted to play for Purdue, which, as we have come to learn, is as incredibly important.

I would add to this the fact that this kid is a gym rat; he wants to be great, and is willing to put in the necessary effort to get there. The program continued to get better today.

There is video at bottom of article. Looks like he has a ton of potential. Great start to 2020.

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/purdue-gets-on-the-board-in-2020-with-in-state-guard-jaden-ivey

I heard some guys talking in the background about a minute in and they said a very familiar name and one I hadn’t heard in a while. Todd Abernathy. I went to school with him and he had twin brothers that were on the team back when I was a freshman in high school. His dad played ball too, Tom Abernathy, so he had a lot of expectations. I think he is head coach at Trinity college now. Not sure if anybody else remembers those names. Todd played for Old miss 03-07. Just thought I would share my little flashback. Carry on.

I would add to this the fact that this kid is a gym rat; he wants to be great, and is willing to put in the necessary effort to get there. The program continued to get better today.
BINGO ... he has all the attributes of the new Painter Player. Focused, great training/parents, gym rat, grades rat, Fire in the gut and no fear in the heart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT