ADVERTISEMENT

iu meltdown continues. Fans on edge.

Did I say they were? No. Why would I trade places with another program that has also been trending down the last few years? If Archie doesn’t start to produce at a high level he will be fired.
So you admit Purdue is on a better trajectory?

I don’t believe they are. IU was better last year and I believe will prove to be better this year.

You were marginally better last year and this year it’s too early to tell. Plus you’ll lose your best player while we lose no one and bring in 2 top 50 guys.

Reactions: Schnelk
So what if we were 6-5 before turning it around? That literally means nothing.
I guess that’s your opinion. Carsen Edwards was fantastic no objection there. If Carsen was going to be on Purdue for the next 3-5 years I may want to trade places. Purdue doesn’t have Carsen.

I guess that’s your opinion. Carsen Edwards was fantastic no objection there. If Carsen was going to be on Purdue for the next 3-5 years I may want to trade places. Purdue doesn’t have Carsen.

I mean should we compare rosters? I think it’s pretty clear ours is superior over the next 2-3 years.

You were marginally better last year and this year it’s too early to tell. Plus you’ll lose your best player while we lose no one and bring in 2 top 50 guys.
So like I said, we were better last year and I believe we will prove to be better this year. You don’t know that we will lose our best player (we most likely will). You also don’t know that you will not lose anyone to transfer.

As far as the “two top 50 guys” you have coming in, only one of those is actually a composite 150 player. Duncomb and Furst are a wash, imo. It’s too early to predict how each team will be next year as there are bound to be moving parts both ways.

So what if we were 6-5 before turning it around? That literally means nothing.
Purdue also went to the S16 and was consistently ranked both years before the E8 too. People see what what want to see and rationalize with themselves so they sleep better at night. National coach of the year was also just 2 years ago...but let's let facts get in the way.

Reactions: boiler1987
Purdue also went to the S16 and was consistently ranked both years before the E8 too. People see what what want to see and rationalize with themselves so they sleep better at night. National coach of the year was also just 2 years ago...but let's let facts get in the way.
Two sweet 16s, then an Elite 8, then a 16-15 season, then a season that looks like it will be about .500. How is that an upward trend?

So like I said, we were better last year and I believe we will prove to be better this year. You don’t know that we will lose our best player (we most likely will). You also don’t know that you will not lose anyone to transfer.

As far as the “two top 50 guys” you have coming in, only one of those is actually a composite 150 player. Duncomb and Furst are a wash, imo. It’s too early to predict how each team will be next year as there are bound to be moving parts both ways.
Furst 54. Duncomb 81. Not a wash.

You serious Clark? Furst is composite 54 and Kaufman is composite 31. Duncomb is 81.

We don’t know what either of our rosters will look like next year let alone the next 2-3.

If anyone on our team transfers, it’d likely be someone like Wheeler who wouldn’t get playing time next year (like Jacquil Taylor a few years back).

Furst 54. Duncomb 81. Not a wash.
Are rankings the only thing that matter? 247 which is easily the best recruiting service has Duncomb at 65 and Furst at 58. Then you couple in the fact that Duncomb kicked Furst’s a** in the summer, it’s a wash, imo. I don’t expect either of them to have huge impacts next year.

Are rankings the only thing that matter? 247 which is easily the best recruiting service has Duncomb at 65 and Furst at 58. Then you couple in the fact that Duncomb kicked Furst’s a** in the summer, it’s a wash, imo. I don’t expect either of them to have huge impacts next year.

Talk about a small sample size. It was literally one AAU game. Big difference is you guys will need Duncomb to play big minutes next year. Furst we won’t need him immediately.

Talk about a small sample size. It was literally one AAU game. Big difference is you guys will need Duncomb to play big minutes next year. Furst we won’t need him immediately.
Why do we need Duncomb to play big minutes next year? I would guess he gets 10-15 a game with no additions, and might not play at all if we get a transfer big or Brunk comes back and can play.

Do you think IU would have made the tournament had the season not been cancelled? If it makes you feel better to say they wouldn’t have even though it was obvious they would, then good for you.

I think they would’ve but you guys were still extremely average last year. Couple that with Archie whiffing on almost all of his ‘21 targets, I’d be concerned if I were an IU fan especially if TJD leaves. Good chance Brunk doesn’t come back either so your frontcourt would be Race and Duncomb? Yikes.

Why do we need Duncomb to play big minutes next year? I would guess he gets 10-15 a game with no additions, and might not play at all if we get a transfer big or Brunk comes back and can play.

Brunk’s health is a legit concern so who knows with him. Transfer big maybe but who knows what might be available.

247 Composite is the industry standard. Which you brought up actually, to point out that we don’t have 2 top 50 recruits.

Apparently rankings only matter when they favor IU.

I’d only be bummed if Gillis left. Wheeler sucks and IT is a good spot-up shooter but has been a liability on defense and when bringing the ball up.
Well you aren’t playing more than 10 guys at most, so that leaves 3 players on next year’s team getting 0 minutes and a 4th player getting limited action. No chance someone doesn’t transfer.

Dow is also a transfer candidate, but he’s obviously not a big loss.

Well you aren’t playing more than 10 guys at most, so that leaves 3 players on next year’s team getting 0 minutes and a 4th player getting limited action. No chance someone doesn’t transfer.

Dow is also a transfer candidate, but he’s obviously not a big loss.

Oh I don’t disagree but the people transferring wouldn’t have made a big impact anyway. None of them leaving would come close to something like losing TJD to the draft.

Brunk’s health is a legit concern so who knows with him. Transfer big maybe but who knows what might be available.
That’s why I said it’s probably better to wait to see what the teams look like next year before making predictions. The new transfer rules will create many transfers. Regardless, I don’t expect Duncomb to get more than 10-15 minutes per game.
247 Composite is the industry standard. Which you brought up actually, to point out that we don’t have 2 top 50 recruits.

Apparently rankings only matter when they favor IU.
Only Rivals has Furst as a top 50 player. I was using rankings and the eye test as I explained in my last post. As I also stated in my last post, neither Furst nor Duncomb will have a big impact next year, imo.

Oh I don’t disagree but the people transferring wouldn’t have made a big impact anyway. None of them leaving would come close to something like losing TJD to the draft.
We will see. I’m also far from ruling out Lander. I think he will still be a stud.

I think they would’ve but you guys were still extremely average last year. Couple that with Archie whiffing on almost all of his ‘21 targets, I’d be concerned if I were an IU fan especially if TJD leaves. Good chance Brunk doesn’t come back either so your frontcourt would be Race and Duncomb? Yikes.
Our front court would be Hunter, Geronimo, Race, and Duncomb. That’s four 4* players.

When Iu started recruiting the 2021 class, their top 4 targets were Lander, Kaufman, Furst, and Duncomb (in that order). They landed 2/4 of those players.

Our front court would be Hunter, Geronimo, Race, and Duncomb. That’s four 4* players.

When Iu started recruiting the 2021 class, their top 4 targets were Lander, Kaufman, Furst, and Duncomb (in that order). They landed 2/4 of those players.

Unless something changes drastically, Hunter doesn’t appear to have it. I realize a lot of that was due to his injury but he’s looked very pedestrian. Geronimo could be solid but he’s still pretty raw. I like our frontcourt a lot better.

Unless something changes drastically, Hunter doesn’t appear to have it. I realize a lot of that was due to his injury but he’s looked very pedestrian. Geronimo could be solid but he’s still pretty raw. I like our frontcourt a lot better.
Would you agree that only 4 players will be playing in your front court next year? If so, who are the 3 players that won’t see playing time? I’m a huge Kaufman fan, but I’m not ready to say Kaufman/Furst at the 4 is a better combo NEXT YEAR than Hunter and Geronimo. I would give the edge to Trevion and Edey at the 5 over Race and Duncomb.

I prefer our backcourt to yours next year though.

Would you agree that only 4 players will be playing in your front court next year? If so, who are the 3 players that won’t see playing time? I’m a huge Kaufman fan, but I’m not ready to say Kaufman/Furst at the 4 is a better combo NEXT YEAR than Hunter and Geronimo. I would give the edge to Trevion and Edey at the 5 over Race and Duncomb.

I prefer our backcourt to yours next year though.

Dow and Wheeler won’t play. Gillis will still get minutes. Furst will back up both the 4 and 5. I don’t think it’ll take much for Trey to be better than Hunter/Geronimo. I think he’s easily more talented than both.

That’s why I said it’s probably better to wait to see what the teams look like next year before making predictions. The new transfer rules will create many transfers. Regardless, I don’t expect Duncomb to get more than 10-15 minutes per game.

Only Rivals has Furst as a top 50 player. I was using rankings and the eye test as I explained in my last post. As I also stated in my last post, neither Furst nor Duncomb will have a big impact next year, imo.
So it’s all your opinion, got it.

Gillis

Gillis to transfer? You are kidding. He gets playing time.B1G Freshman of the Week and he is unhappy playing on a good team. You did too much booze last night.
I’m not sure what you don’t understand here... Kaufman and Furst are two of Purdue’s highest rated recruits under Painter. They are going to play and play a lot. Currently Gillis’ only competition is Wheeler ( not much competition). Next year will be a completely different story which is my point.

I’m not sure what you don’t understand here... Kaufman and Furst are two of Purdue’s highest rated recruits under Painter. They are going to play and play a lot. Currently Gillis’ only competition is Wheeler ( not much competition). Next year will be a completely different story which is my point.
You just said Furst wouldn’t have a big impact?

• Wow
Reactions: mathboy
Dow and Wheeler won’t play. Gillis will still get minutes. Furst will back up both the 4 and 5. I don’t think it’ll take much for Trey to be better than Hunter/Geronimo. I think he’s easily more talented than both.
So you think Purdue is going to play 5 guys at the 4/5? There just aren’t enough minutes. Could Furst redshirt? That’s the only way I see Gillis or Edey not getting buried.

How is IU on a better trajectory?
New pal, stop getting sucked in. As IU's season deteriorates and program starts to bottom out, the temptation to troll becomes overwhelming. If I were to pay no attention to the outcomes of IU basketball games, I could quickly assess their season by how many troll posts appear here. They are inversely proportional.

By the way, the old rating game is a sham. It is the only place IU beats us in basketball. The sports experts assign ratings based on watching a game or two in AAU, and decide who is better than who. They are notorious for being in error, but the rankings are the last refuge of our friends down south. They always win the "summer basketball season", so don't worry. Those wins mean nothing and never hit any record book.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT