ADVERTISEMENT

iu meltdown continues. Fans on edge.

I've seen most of their games. He is really good at finishing fast breaks. I even commented to my mother that he is the only one of IU's frosh that I would take on Purdue. However, his half court game hasn't been very good, but you can see the potential (he was pretty good against Penn State).
the few minutes I saw were in the half court and his vision, passing and understanding was fine in that short display as I mentioned. Were those things absent when you watched or was there something else?

the few minutes I saw were in the half court and his vision, passing and understanding was fine in that short display as I mentioned. Were those things absent when you watched or was there something else?
He was dribbling too much and shooting poorly. Kind of spastic looking actually, but seemed much more in control in the Penn State game.

Will be something to watch as he progresses. Archie has not shown a propensity to develop talent over the duration of their eligibility.

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
This is what I have seen as well. His vision has been impressive, but his shot is UGLY.

Reactions: tjreese
He was dribbling too much and shooting poorly. Kind of spastic looking actually, but seemed much more in control in the Penn State game.
yes, I can understand why his body movement seemed spastic but that action led to putting the ball where it needed to be as he was playing a bit fast with his passes and fakes...but that also led to the ball getting where it needed quickly. I can't speak to his shooting since he never shot in that stretch, but again my comments were his vision, understanding of the game and putting the ball where it needed to be. I never saw him shoot or dominate the ball in the stretch I watched. Matt held interest for a long time and so I suspect Matt saw more than once what I saw in a short viewing.

Reactions: PurdueDave
This is what I have seen as well. His vision has been impressive, but his shot is UGLY.
I haven't followed a timeline, but if Ethan committed just prior to Matt moving away from Galloway we know why since Matt thinks Ethan is exceptional in all those things

I've seen most of their games. He is really good at finishing fast breaks. I even commented to my mother that he is the only one of IU's frosh that I would take on Purdue. However, his half court game hasn't been very good, but you can see the potential (he was pretty good against Penn State).
CMP offered Galloway and Franklin, but glad we got Ivey and Newman.

Ha ha. That's exactly what I said about him. He's got the teen wolf hair going and has that herky jerky way of movement, like the kid at the corec trying to emulate moves he saw on tv.
Definitely a spaz. And he shot a bunch of bricks when I was watching.

Ha ha. That's exactly what I said about him. He's got the teen wolf hair going and has that herky jerky way of movement, like the kid at the corec trying to emulate moves he saw on tv.
Definitely a spaz. And he shot a bunch of bricks when I was watching.
Sort of Adam Morrison looking.

Reactions: GregJM24
Are we really calling an adult man having consensual sex with an adult woman a scandal? That doesn’t even qualify for politicians any more, much less for a basketball coach. Come on man, you’re better than that.

Trojan's whole reference to the cheerleader is salacious and misleading. I do not know whether Painter had any relationship with the woman in question. Nor does Trojan. It may or may not be true.

However, there is a timeline. At the time of the alleged affair, both Painter and the woman were long past their undergraduate days. Yes, this person was a cheerleader when she was an undergraduate, but she had long since graduated. The use of the term "cheerleader" was to imply a female who was much younger than Painter and suggest that he was dating while "...robbing the cradle." It suggests predatory behavior based upon positional imbalance. So the post made by Trojan was done in bad faith.

If you are going to act in bad faith, Trojan, then recognize that henceforth that your posts will be viewed from that perspective. Marriages are complex relationships and rarely understood or appreciated by anyone outside of them. It appears that each party has moved on. The former Mrs. Painter has remarried and I hope that she is happy. I hope that Matt is also able to live a happy life and deal with his position as Coach at Purdue successfully.

However, Trojan needs to be recognized here as intellectually dishonest and treated accordingly.

Trojan's whole reference to the cheerleader is salacious and misleading. I do not know whether Painter had any relationship with the woman in question. Nor does Trojan. It may or may not be true.

However, there is a timeline. At the time of the alleged affair, both Painter and the woman were long past their undergraduate days. Yes, this person was a cheerleader when she was an undergraduate, but she had long since graduated. The use of the term "cheerleader" was to imply a female who was much younger than Painter and suggest that he was dating while "...robbing the cradle." It suggests predatory behavior based upon positional imbalance. So the post made by Trojan was done in bad faith.

If you are going to act in bad faith, Trojan, then recognize that henceforth that your posts will be viewed from that perspective. Marriages are complex relationships and rarely understood or appreciated by anyone outside of them. It appears that each party has moved on. The former Mrs. Painter has remarried and I hope that she is happy. I hope that Matt is also able to live a happy life and deal with his position as Coach at Purdue successfully.

However, Trojan needs to be recognized here as intellectually dishonest and treated accordingly.
That is why everyone should put him on ignore!!!

Reactions: Schnelk
Galloway averages 23 mpg and 5 ppg. Ivey, coming off of an injury, averages 14 mpg and 6.2 ppg. Ivey is shooting 42% from the field with Galloway at 47%. Their defensive stats are pretty much identical. Galloway does turn the ball over twice as much, most likely due to usage.

There's no stat or eye test that backs up your opinion. At the very best, it's a push, but even that is a massive stretch.

Here's the takeaway: you have extremely biased takes and, based on your posting here, are pretty delusional when it comes to IU sports.

If you're coming here for a level-headed discussion you're not going to get one because you're so far out in left field. If you're coming here to troll, cool, but everyone sees through your bull****. Your takes are so bad that people post them here to laugh at. If I were you I'd probably tone it down or step away from the keyboard.

Just wanted to repost this for visibility. Some people enjoy when IU fans come over here. I don't because they always have ridiculous takes.

My brother in law, one of the most level-headed, successful, likeable people I know has said that Brad Stevens will inevitably coach at IU some day. He also said that if you threw out all losses before WW2 that IU would have the series lead. I countered that by saying if you threw out five seasons, IU would have zero national titles. It's a dumb argument to start throwing out seasons.

I'll end this by saying that there is no such thing as a reasonable IU fan. You can't talk about college basketball around them because they'll inevitably bring it back to how IU is still a blue blood and a top program. Rational people suddenly become irrational and child-like. They're the most delusional fanbase in all of sports.

Just wanted to repost this for visibility. Some people enjoy when IU fans come over here. I don't because they always have ridiculous takes.

My brother in law, one of the most level-headed, successful, likeable people I know has said that Brad Stevens will inevitably coach at IU some day. He also said that if you threw out all losses before WW2 that IU would have the series lead. I countered that by saying if you threw out five seasons, IU would have zero national titles. It's a dumb argument to start throwing out seasons.

I'll end this by saying that there is no such thing as a reasonable IU fan. You can't talk about college basketball around them because they'll inevitably bring it back to how IU is still a blue blood and a top program. Rational people suddenly become irrational and child-like. They're the most delusional fanbase in all of sports.
I enjoy college basketball. I really like Big basketball and love Purdue basketball, but will never let a sport define me and find my self worth through others...

Some of their fans thing TJD is returning? Ha ha....good luck. While he'll probably end up in Europe, there's no way he's coming back to college to be on a losing team that won't make the tourney, be put in the low post where he's forced to guard other teams bigs and does nothing to develop into an NBA player.
Until he develops a jump shot, he won't make it in the NBA. Unfortunately for them, the rest of the team is pretty lacking & he can't put the team on his back & carry them to a win... as we saw last night. Honestly, if IU is going to beat us anytime in the next 3 or 4 years, this was the year. Our freshmen are only going to get better & I don't think any of them will be in the NBA until after at least 3 years at Purdue, not to mention next years class.

Reactions: tjreese
Until he develops a jump shot, he won't make it in the NBA. Unfortunately for them, the rest of the team is pretty lacking & he can't put the team on his back & carry them to a win... as we saw last night. Honestly, if IU is going to beat us anytime in the next 3 or 4 years, this was the year. Our freshmen are only going to get better & I don't think any of them will be in the NBA until after at least 3 years at Purdue, not to mention next years class.
not sure the definition of not making it, but will get drafted and have his shot. The question is whether that projected level is better or worse than when he was in high school. He has great stats and for the life of me I really don't understand why players can't make him struggle a bit more by removing his left hand, but his numbers are good for those loving individual numbers and he is a really good athlete...

not sure the definition of not making it, but will get drafted and have his shot. The question is whether that projected level is better or worse than when he was in high school. He has great stats and for the life of me I really don't understand why players can't make him struggle a bit more by removing his left hand, but his numbers are good for those loving individual numbers and he is a really good athlete...
I doubt he gets drafted. He would probably get a 2-way contract but I believe there are too many weaknesses. First, he is undersized to play center especially considering he isn’t a rim protector. Second, he doesn’t shoot/score with his right hand. Third, no semblance of a jump shot.

I doubt he gets drafted. He would probably get a 2-way contract but I believe there are too many weaknesses. First, he is undersized to play center especially considering he isn’t a rim protector. Second, he doesn’t shoot/score with his right hand. Third, no semblance of a jump shot.
lot of truth there, but still think he gets drafted. That said I quit watching the NBA years ago and so I'm not as an informed person as I could be and could be way off, but who knows...

lot of truth there, but still think he gets drafted. That said I quit watching the NBA years ago and so I'm not as an informed person as I could be and could be way off, but who knows...

If Romeo Langford can get drafted in the first round, TJD has a more likely than not chance to get drafted. I'm honestly ok either way with him, because he's actually pretty easy to game plan around. Good player, but not a great first option to scheme your entire offense around.

If Romeo Langford can get drafted in the first round, TJD has a more likely than not chance to get drafted. I'm honestly ok either way with him, because he's actually pretty easy to game plan around. Good player, but not a great first option to scheme your entire offense around.
Romeo is a multidimensional player who could score at all 3 levels. TJD can’t score if he is 8ft away from the basket

Reactions: GregJM24
Romeo is a multidimensional player who could score at all 3 levels. TJD can’t score if he is 8ft away from the basket
He shot 27% from three in college as a sg and had a 1:1 ast:to ratio. He was pretty much exclusively a slasher that couldn't distribute.

Honestly TJD is the better college player, but his game doesn't translate as well. Still think he has about a 60% chance of getting drafted.

He shot 27% from three in college as a sg and had a 1:1 ast:to ratio. He was pretty much exclusively a slasher that couldn't distribute.

Honestly TJD is the better college player, but his game doesn't translate as well. Still think he has about a 60% chance of getting drafted.
I hear you but he fits the “mold” of what NBA scouts want - large guard with proven abilities (USA and AAU).

Let’s plan to flag this and circle back in 1-2 years when TJD announces to see how this plays out. We can regroup later and agree on a payout for the winner 🤝

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85
I hear you but he fits the “mold” of what NBA scouts want - large guard with proven abilities (USA and AAU).

Let’s plan to flag this and circle back in 1-2 years when TJD announces to see how this plays out. We can regroup later and agree on a payout for the winner 🤝

'Beef, help me understand... when you get 1-2 years out, how are you going to confirm whether or not TJD had "about a 60% chance of being drafted"... in order to agree on a payout?!

Reactions: joseole101
I’m not sure what you don’t understand here... Kaufman and Furst are two of Purdue’s highest rated recruits under Painter. They are going to play and play a lot. Currently Gillis’ only competition is Wheeler ( not much competition). Next year will be a completely different story which is my point.
Gillis is the kind of player that will get his minutes no matter how great the other talent at his position.

'Beef, help me understand... when you get 1-2 years out, how are you going to confirm whether or not TJD had "about a 60% chance of being drafted"... in order to agree on a payout?!
I know your brain is small and not capable of deep thoughts but either he is drafted or he isn’t. I know you thought this was a slam dunk

No victory for us, but you guys tried your best and that’s all that matters. The young guys are coming along and the future is bright... lol
Just gonna bump this quote right here.

If you need some comedy infused into your day, I highly recommend reading through this thread. So many incredible takes from this dope and coach geez.

This is why I hate IU. Screw wanting to make the rivalry competitive again.

Some of their fans thing TJD is returning? Ha ha....good luck. While he'll probably end up in Europe, there's no way he's coming back to college to be on a losing team that won't make the tourney, be put in the low post where he's forced to guard other teams bigs and does nothing to develop into an NBA player.
Watching TJD this year, he has convinced me that if he leaves, IU will be a better team.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

If you need some comedy infused into your day, I highly recommend reading through this thread. So many incredible takes from this dope and coach geez.

He is recognized as their village idiot, and the same on every board where he posts. He's a Center Grove fan and a TJD groupie. Diagnosed with underveloped brain lobes that control logic and rational thinking.

Reactions: mathboy
Watching TJD this year, he has convinced me that if he leaves, IU will be a better team.
I think they could potentially finish last next year if he leaves. They don’t have any bigs besides Race Thompson and the guy they have coming in isn’t going to impact much right away. I guess in theory they could get transfers with the new rules.

Personally, I’m hoping they finish last...;)

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

He also thought we'd be .500 this year and wouldn't trade places with us over the next 3-4 years lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT