ADVERTISEMENT

iu meltdown continues. Fans on edge.

New pal, stop getting sucked in. As IU's season deteriorates and program starts to bottom out, the temptation to troll becomes overwhelming. If I were to pay no attention to the outcomes of IU basketball games, I could quickly assess their season by how many troll posts appear here. They are inversely proportional.
There would be no posts in this thread if a Purdue poster didn’t start an IU troll post.

Your theory is exactly opposite btw. When IU is doing well, there are many more posters over here than when they are not doing well. The football board this fall was proof of that.

But, but, but 54+31 > 81 so Dunscomb must be better.
Regardless of his high school rating back when he was in school, Duncomb has not connected or truly joined with any of the teams he has played with in college. What is it? 2 or 3? Not every high school player lives up to his rating. Is Dunscomb‘s rating really accurate and still applicable as an accurate measure of his capabilities? I doubt it.

For IU to hang their future front court hopes on a Butler bench player and this odd transfer seems very tenuous in my opinion. I still think Archie has lost the window to recruit to IU and must now scurry about gathering scraps. I know this sounds ugly, but it fits with what I’ve seen from this coaching staff.

Reactions: tenwest and Schnelk
Regardless of his high school rating back when he was in school, Duncomb has not connected or truly joined with any of the teams he has played with in college. What is it? 2 or 3? Not every high school player lives up to his rating. Is Dunscomb‘s rating really accurate and still applicable as an accurate measure of his capabilities? I doubt it.

For IU to hang their future front court hopes on a Butler bench player and this odd transfer seems very tenuous in my opinion. I still think Archie has lost the window to recruit to IU and must now scurry about gathering scraps. I know this sounds ugly, but it fits with what I’ve seen from this coaching staff.
Every time you post you show how little you know about IU, IU’s recruits, and basketball in general. Duncomb has been on his high school team since he was a sophomore. He won a state championship as a sophomore, and likely would have done the same as a Junior as they were undefeated. He will likely do the same this year, so get out of here with the BS that he isn’t a team player. How many of your current players left their high school teams late in their high school careers to join prep schools?

You guys finally win some recruiting battles against us and think you are hot sh*t. Nevermind that we out recruit you every single year other than this one year. You think Painter will be able to make the tournament with all the talent he will have next year? You were big on how Morton and Ivey were going to turn things around for you this year... hasn’t happened yet.

At least they have self-identified as IU fans rather than posing as Purdue fans. I will give them that. It seems that they were on here initially to discuss basketball at a fairly rational level. However, as IU's team and Archie in particular is starting to fail, they have become much more strident in their posts. More and more troll like trying to bait responders. Too bad.
Agree that they are so annoying. Try it. "Ignore". You'll like it.

Furst being much higher ranked than Duncomb isn’t an opinion.
That’s an opinion. Furst is ranked 7 spots higher than Duncomb according to the most reputable recruiting site. ESPN is a known joke, and Rivals lost all of their relevant national recruiting analysts (Corey Evans and Bossi). 247 is now the only reputable site.

That’s an opinion. Furst is ranked 7 spots higher than Duncomb according to the most reputable recruiting site. ESPN is a known joke, and Rivals lost all of their relevant national recruiting analysts (Corey Evans and Bossi). 247 is now the only reputable site.
You brought up composite rankings. Furst much higher ranked in those. 54 to 81. Not close.

Reactions: boiler1987
Please go back to your hole. Brunk may be walking with a cane the rest of his life. I don’t you need to worry about him playing anymore for iu or tjd after this year. Hopefully race can man the inside next year. You think this will be a long year. Wow.

Reactions: Schnelk
Every time you post you show how little you know about IU, IU’s recruits, and basketball in general. Duncomb has been on his high school team since he was a sophomore. He won a state championship as a sophomore, and likely would have done the same as a Junior as they were undefeated. He will likely do the same this year, so get out of here with the BS that he isn’t a team player. How many of your current players left their high school teams late in their high school careers to join prep schools?

You guys finally win some recruiting battles against us and think you are hot sh*t. Nevermind that we out recruit you every single year other than this one year. You think Painter will be able to make the tournament with all the talent he will have next year? You were big on how Morton and Ivey were going to turn things around for you this year... hasn’t happened yet.

Outrecruiting us every year sure is working well for you guys isn’t it? Proof that Painter is a better coach than anyone you guys have had lately.

Last edited:
Outrecruiting us every year sure is working well for you guys isn’t it? Proof that Painter is a better coach than anyone you guys have had lately.
Crean had similar results to Painter through 9 years even though Painter is a Keady clone and Crean had to implement a new system. As has been discussed here, Painter would have been fired after finishing dead last at IU in year 9. The same can be said if he were to miss the tournament in years 15 and 16.

Crean had similar results to Painter through 9 years even though Painter is a Keady clone and Crean had to implement a new system. As has been discussed here, Painter would have been fired after finishing dead last at IU in year 9. The same can be said if he were to miss the tournament in years 15 and 16.
Crean didn’t have similar results to Painter. When Painter didn’t win the Bigten, his teams still finished top 3 in the league. Crean didn’t have that kind of performance. His teams were either hit or miss and mostly miss. How many bad takes are you planning on dropping here?

Crean didn’t have similar results to Painter. When Painter didn’t win the Bigten, his teams still finished top 3 in the league. Crean didn’t have that kind of performance. His teams were either hit or miss and mostly miss. How many bad takes are you planning on dropping here?
This is exactly why them come here. They want basketball knowledge they can't get on their own board. Thanks for helping them😉

Crean finally turned the ship around in his fourth season. It took him FOUR seasons.

We've repeatedly been told that the IU program is "elite". You don't need FOUR FRIGGIN' SEASONS to recruit winning talent to an "elite" program.

Matt Painter came in and turned around the program after ONE season. In his 2nd he had the team in the NCAA Tournament.

Crean (and now Miller) have all the appearances of being "hold your nose" hires. Neither have the look of "Plan A" guys.

If Miller doesn't work out, that's going to be a big stain on that program.

1st 9 years:

Crean (started on probation with a complete rebuild):

2 Big Ten Championships
3 Sweet 16s

Painter

1 Big Ten Championship
1 Big Ten Tournament Championship
2 Sweet 16s

There is no chance any IU coach survives a last place finish in year 9 when the team couldn’t even make the NIT the year before.

Crean finally turned the ship around in his fourth season. It took him FOUR seasons.

We've repeatedly been told that the IU program is "elite". You don't need FOUR FRIGGIN' SEASONS to recruit winning talent to an "elite" program.

Matt Painter came in and turned around the program after ONE season. In his 2nd he had the team in the NCAA Tournament.

Crean (and now Miller) have all the appearances of being "hold your nose" hires. Neither have the look of "Plan A" guys.

If Miller doesn't work out, that's going to be a big stain on that program.
Painter took over from his mentor. He didn’t have to implement a new system. Crean had recruiting restrictions and was started from the ground up.

1st 9 years:

Crean (started on probation with a complete rebuild):

2 Big Ten Championships
3 Sweet 16s

Painter

1 Big Ten Championship
1 Big Ten Tournament Championship
2 Sweet 16s

There is no chance any IU coach survives a last place finish in year 9 when the team couldn’t even make the NIT the year before.
Crean had five losing seasons in that 9 year span while Painter only had two where he didn’t finish top 3 in the league.
Nice spin though, cherry pick all you want but people who understand basketball know that their records aren’t similar at all.
You say Painter would’ve never lasted at IU but reality shows IU is willing to put up with much worse records over what, the last 20 years? Makes zero sense to say otherwise.

Reactions: punaj and Purdue85
Crean had five losing seasons in that 9 year span while Painter only had two where he didn’t finish top 3 in the league.
Nice spin though, cherry pick all you want but people who understand basketball know that their records aren’t similar at all.
You say Painter would’ve never lasted at IU but reality shows IU is willing to put up with much worse records over what, the last 20 years? Makes zero sense to say otherwise.
Painter only finished top 3 4 times in his first 9 years including 3 missed tournaments. He finished dead last in year 9 and couldn’t make the tournament in year 8. He would have never lasted at IU (not that he would have gotten the job in the first place).

IU “demands excellence”.

Painter only finished top 3 4 times in his first 9 years including 3 missed tournaments. He finished dead last in year 9 and couldn’t make the tournament in year 8. He would have never lasted at IU (not that he would have gotten the job in the first place).

IU would be lucky to have a coach like Painter.

Reactions: Purdue85
As I usually post in these threads, it’s tiresome watching Purdue fans get wound up by your posts, but I appreciate your optimism for your program and like that you give honest responses.

Straight up, what are the odds that Archie is still at IU two seasons from now (the season after next)? Just a percentage likelihood without qualification.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrojanFan004
IU would be lucky to have a coach like Painter.
Painter is more like Knight than anyone IU has has since Knight. They run a lot of the same things and Painter modeled a lot from him. I’d hate to see Painter at IU because I think he’d be very successful there. I’m very happy to have Painter at Purdue and hope he retires at Purdue.

As I usually post in these threads, it’s tiresome watching Purdue fans get wound up by your posts, but I appreciate your optimism for your program and like that you give honest responses.

Straight up, what are the odds that Archie is still at IU two seasons from now (the season after next)? Just a percentage likelihood without qualification.
51%

2007 fifth
2008 second
2009 third
2010 second
2011 second
2012 sixth
2013 seventh
2014 twelfth
2015 third
2016 third
2017 champ
2018 second
2019 co champ

Thats 3 seasons outside the top 3 in 13 seasons and one of the 3 was 5th. IU would hang banners and pass out rings if they had a coach with that kind of record.
Ask anyone who makes a living off of college basketball and none of them, not one would say you fire a coach with that record. Only you, ‘cos you’re special.

2007 fifth
2008 second
2009 third
2010 second
2011 second
2012 sixth
2013 seventh
2014 twelfth
2015 third
2016 third
2017 champ
2018 second
2019 co champ

Thats 3 seasons outside the top 3 in 13 seasons and one of the 3 was 5th. IU would hang banners and pass out rings if they had a coach with that kind of record.
Ask anyone who makes a living off of college basketball and none of them, not one would say you fire a coach with that record. Only you, ‘cos you’re special.
You stated Painter only finished outside the top 3 twice in his first 9 seasons. That’s inaccurate. He would have never made it passed year 9 at IU, so years 10-13 are irrelevant to the conversation...

2007 fifth
2008 second
2009 third
2010 second
2011 second
2012 sixth
2013 seventh
2014 twelfth
2015 third
2016 third
2017 champ
2018 second
2019 co champ

Pete,

Just on first glance - Purdue was co-champ with Michigan State and Ohio State in 2010 and tied second in 2009.

I know you understand that your pathetic program hired a clown that was a proven cheater. Then acted all shocked that he did it again with your desperate program. You have zero credibility. Or you're a total narcissist and think you can gloss over that black eye. You tolerated all of knight's bs, until he no longer won. You'd sell your soul to live vicariously through a place you've never taken coursework. Please.

Reactions: Purdue85
I know you understand that your pathetic program hired a clown that was a proven cheater. Then acted all shocked that he did it again with your desperate program. You have zero credibility. Or you're a total narcissist and think you can gloss over that black eye. You tolerated all of knight's bs, until he no longer won. You'd sell your soul to live vicariously through a place you've never taken coursework. Please.
I never attended IU? Dang, I’ve been lying on my linked in profile... 😏.

Speaking of black eyes for a program, wasn’t there something going on between a certain basketball coach and the cheerleading coach that lead to a divorce? Isn’t that divorce allegedly the reason for a last place finish in year 9? Okay, just checking 😏.

I never attended IU? Dang, I’ve been lying on my linked in profile... 😏.

Speaking of black eyes for a program, wasn’t there something going on between a certain basketball coach and the cheerleading coach that lead to a divorce? Isn’t that divorce allegedly the reason for a last place finish in year 9? Okay, just checking 😏.

You think that’s what happened? Yikes.

• Haha
Reactions: TrojanFan004
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT