ADVERTISEMENT

iu meltdown continues. Fans on edge.

I never attended IU? Dang, I’ve been lying on my linked in profile... 😏.

Speaking of black eyes for a program, wasn’t there something going on between a certain basketball coach and the cheerleading coach that lead to a divorce? Isn’t that divorce allegedly the reason for a last place finish in year 9? Okay, just checking 😏.
Yes, and IU has clearly tried to gloss that over. Much like the Puerto Rican police officer that the same clown assaulted and was going to be arrested and tossed in jail if he hadn't fled back home. Or head butting Wilkerson. The shin kick to own flipping son on the bench. Let's not forget choking Reed. You're pathetic, because you and your ilk care nothing about all that because he gave you banners to worship. You're a sell out. The majority of fans are flaming @$$holes. Why else would a moron like you visit another board to start your nonsense? I'll answer, you're bitter and empty because your program no longer gives you the validation you desperately need. They haven't done squat since nearly timeouts between shots to get a ladder and grab the ball out of the peach basket. You're so desperate for relevance that I now laugh at your sadsack program that's totally lost now. LOL
For your reading pleasure, the cheerleader was "in her teens or just out of". You worshipped a scumbag:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TrojanFan004
I never attended IU? Dang, I’ve been lying on my linked in profile... 😏.

Speaking of black eyes for a program, wasn’t there something going on between a certain basketball coach and the cheerleading coach that lead to a divorce? Isn’t that divorce allegedly the reason for a last place finish in year 9? Okay, just checking 😏.

Face it your program has always been desperate:

• Haha
Face it your program has always been desperate:

In his prime, Knight could have shot someone at lunchtime, on a weekday, in front of the Monroe county courthouse, and he would not have been arrested.

For years, people made excuses for him, until he got toward the end of his career. As long as he was winning the conference and making runs in the tournament, he was not to be touched. When that stopped, he was vulnerable.

In his prime, Knight could have shot someone at lunchtime, on a weekday, in front of the Monroe county courthouse, and he would not have been arrested.

For years, people made excuses for him, until he got toward the end of his career. As long as he was winning the conference and making runs in the tournament, he was not to be touched. When that stopped, he was vulnerable.
We all know this. IU is nothing more than the university of Machiavellians who have no morals at all. All of Knights disgusting behaviors were completely tolerated, glossed over, ignored and covered up until he didn't deliver the coveted "banner" any longer. He is a filthy disgusting human being. Then, they turned right around and hired a known cheater. They're pathetic.

I don't know if he's desperate or delusional. He thinks IU will finish 5th in the B1G. I guess that ignore button makes perfect sense.

• Haha
We all know this. IU is nothing more than the university of Machiavellians who have no morals at all. All of Knights disgusting behaviors were completely tolerated, glossed over, ignored and covered up until he didn't deliver the coveted "banner" any longer. He is a filthy disgusting human being. Then, they turned right around and hired a known cheater. They're pathetic.

Well, it is the same university that's home to Kinsey, with the sordid history of child sex abuse, pedophilia, molestation, etc.

Look into it sometime. The details are nauseating and horrendous.

I don't know if he's desperate or delusional. He thinks IU will finish 5th in the B1G. I guess that ignore button makes perfect sense.

I just read that over there and guess doesn't ignore on that site as here lol.
5th? People here I have to say are just as bad offering rebuttals to keep this infant here. 5th in the B10 prediction? That's adorable.

I just read that over there and guess doesn't ignore on that site as here lol.
5th? People here I have to say are just as bad offering rebuttals to keep this infant here. 5th in the B10 prediction? That's adorable.
I guess not...I just wanted to remind him of his own words. Yes, people do the same here but 5th🤣

Reactions: Boilpotato
Crean finally turned the ship around in his fourth season. It took him FOUR seasons.

We've repeatedly been told that the IU program is "elite". You don't need FOUR FRIGGIN' SEASONS to recruit winning talent to an "elite" program.

Matt Painter came in and turned around the program after ONE season. In his 2nd he had the team in the NCAA Tournament.

Crean (and now Miller) have all the appearances of being "hold your nose" hires. Neither have the look of "Plan A" guys.

If Miller doesn't work out, that's going to be a big stain on that program.
IU fans think they are elite but they have 1 trip past the sweet 16 in 25 years.
Among the programs that have been to the elite 8 more recently than IU:George Mason, Davidson, memphis, gonzaga, kent state, st joes, xavier, dayton, marquette, virginia commonwealth, butler, baylor, south carolina, oregon and purdue.

IU fans think they are elite but they have 1 trip past the sweet 16 in 25 years.
Among the programs that have been to the elite 8 more recently than IU:George Mason, Davidson, memphis, gonzaga, kent state, st joes, xavier, dayton, marquette, virginia commonwealth, butler, baylor, south carolina, oregon and purdue.
Actually it’s two times to the Sweet 16 in the past ten years, but I understand the confusion:

The last time IU got to the Sweet 16 was in 2016, but should that count? After all, to get to the Sweet 16 they beat a crap football conference team with no coach and players already on Nike’s payroll. I truly feel sorry for that team and it’s fans, but at least water eventually finds its level: that team is stuck with their current situation for a lifetime contract.

Yes, the buyout of their current situation is more than the buyout of Archie, Painter, and ALL other taxpayer funded universities in the State of Indiana. So is the annual taxpayer funded salary.

The op should remember, depending on whether he lives in-state/commonwealth, every single working day he pays taxes to help fund the sad situation. Will this sorry situation ever be improved, or it will it go on for a lifetime (contract)?

I put the odds at 2-6.

Actually it’s two times to the Sweet 16 in the past ten years, but I understand the confusion:

The last time IU got to the Sweet 16 was in 2016, but should that count? After all, to get to the Sweet 16 they beat a crap football conference team with no coach and players already on Nike’s payroll. I truly feel sorry for that team and it’s fans, but at least water eventually finds its level: that team is stuck with their current situation for a lifetime contract.

Yes, the buyout of their current situation is more than the buyout of Archie, Painter, and ALL other taxpayer funded universities in the State of Indiana. So is the annual taxpayer funded salary.

Will this sorry situation ever be improved, or it will it go on for a lifetime (contract)?

I put the odds at 2-6.
Reading not your thing?

Reading not your thing?
Oh I understand the “past” part, but I’m wondering if we should even count the 2016 “get to the Sweet 16” standard. I’m also wondering if the board is cool with the trollery of in-state, B1G programs by “Runner Ricky” and his well-paid semi-pro one and dun buddies.

I understand that this board is barely moderated, but the throwing of stones by people in glass houses in this thread is heavy.

Last edited:
Google: Matt Painter Cheerleader...

click on the first link... it takes 3 seconds.
Are we really calling an adult man having consensual sex with an adult woman a scandal? That doesn’t even qualify for politicians any more, much less for a basketball coach. Come on man, you’re better than that.

The op should remember, depending on whether he lives in-state/commonwealth, every single working day he pays taxes to help fund the sad situation. Will this sorry situation ever be improved, or it will it go on for a lifetime (contract)?

I put the odds at 2-6.
That’s funny JM. Note I said “past the sweet 16” not sweet 16s (don’t put on your rings yet!). Here’s a crazy stat: since 2003, Kentucky has made the elite 8 NINE times...
Since 2003, indiana has made the tournament EIGHT times...and the elite 8 ZERO times.

Amazing. Kentucky has made the elite 8 or better more often than Indiana has made the tournament. Take it back to the late 1990s, kentucky has made the elite 8 or better FIFTEEN TIMES in the span in which indiana has done it ONCE. In that period, kentucky has made SEVEN final fours and won 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS compared to indiana’s one final four and zero championships.

somehow the guy who can’t coach is 3-2 against IU, beat your second best team since 2002 in the NCAA tourney by double digits and hung the most points on you in your schools history. (102) The guy who just rolls the balls out and pays for his players has also made 4 final fours and won 1 title. Since 1987 Indiana has 2 final fours, 1 runner up and 0 titles. Since 2009 UK has 4 final fours, 1 runner up and 1 title. I say money well spent. What is Archie doing in year 5? 6-4, no final fours, no tournament bids and no elite 8s. How much do you pay him? Maybe if you idiots demanded success besides sucking Bobby Knight’s legacy and stopped going after 3 star indiana kids because: “that’s how RMK Won!” you’d do something in the sport.
Also nice “nike payroll” comment. You boys should know all about that adidas payroll...just ask Romeo......#1987

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: punaj and Purdue85
Oh I understand the “past” part, but I’m wondering if we should even count the 2016 “get to the Sweet 16” standard. I’m also wondering if the board is cool with the trollery of in-state, B1G programs by “Runner Ricky” and his well-paid semi-pro one and dun buddies.

I understand that this board is barely moderated, but the throwing of stones by people in glass houses in this thread is heavy.
I only “troll” the IU board because hoosier fans are the worst in the country. Southern indiana as a whole is a black hole of envy and hatred of kentucky and west lafayette. Bobby Knight is long gone much like IUs basketball program. If I were an IU fan i’d demand the banners be taken down before the dust causes massive lung damage to the whoosier faithful that pack that dump known as Ass hall. The old red rugs are already causing the roof to spit metal bars.

Last edited:
Reactions: boiler1987
You were marginally better last year and this year it’s too early to tell. Plus you’ll lose your best player while we lose no one and bring in 2 top 50 guys.
What?? We whooped clownpants twice last year by comfortable margins.

I think perhaps you are underestimating the evidence provided by head-head competition. That's what goosecrappers always do when droning on. Showing it on the court is the proof.

Reactions: Schnelk
You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. I like Galloway's game more and how it translates to Indiana's game. IU already has enough inefficient scorers who can't shoot, don't need another one in Ivey.
In as unbiased as I can be and with limited viewing I can say that Galloway sees the court, understands the game and plays within himself...again in limited viewing. I'll agree that Jaden has put up shots he shouldn't have taken, but I also don't know his background prior to Purdue as to whether he had to carry the load whether in high school or AAU. Naturally he came to Purdue with high hopes and has been effected by his injury. Additionally, he is on a team with a LOT of inexperienced players where all are trying to figure out their game within the team concept and all these moving parts are making it difficult for everyone. What is obvious is that he has good size for a guard, athletic and can get in the lane about anytime he wants...he just has to finish the deal and that will come with time. I understand Jaden has good work ethic and can't help but think mom as pg can help him mentally. Galloway has similar support from home, but Jaden has an overall higher ceiling.

I understand why you see value in Galloway as he would be a nice fit for many teams that play in the half court a lot, rather than a Baylor and such. It wasn't an accident that Matt looked at both players and could have used both players, but as time goes on I suspect Jaden will a point of emphasis for opposing coaches.

Reactions: mathboy and punaj
That’s funny JM. Note I said “past the sweet 16” not sweet 16s (don’t put on your rings yet!). Here’s a crazy stat: since 2003, Kentucky has made the elite 8 NINE times...
Since 2003, indiana has made the tournament EIGHT times...and the elite 8 ZERO times.

Amazing. Kentucky has made the elite 8 or better more often than Indiana has made the tournament. Take it back to the late 1990s, kentucky has made the elite 8 or better FIFTEEN TIMES in the span in which indiana has done it ONCE. In that period, kentucky has made SEVEN final fours and won 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS compared to indiana’s one final four and zero championships.

somehow the guy who can’t coach is 3-2 against IU, beat your second best team since 2002 in the NCAA tourney by double digits and hung the most points on you in your schools history. (102) The guy who just rolls the balls out and pays for his players has also made 4 final fours and won 1 title. Since 1987 Indiana has 2 final fours, 1 runner up and 0 titles. Since 2009 UK has 4 final fours, 1 runner up and 1 title. I say money well spent. What is Archie doing in year 5? 6-4, no final fours, no tournament bids and no elite 8s. How much do you pay him? Maybe if you idiots demanded success besides sucking Bobby Knight’s legacy and stopped going after 3 star indiana kids because: “that’s how RMK Won!” you’d do something in the sport.
Also nice “nike payroll” comment. You boys should know all about that adidas payroll...just ask Romeo......#1987

Hahahaha—Where oh where could I find someone to agree that Calipari is a disaster? Only had to look back to
yesterday:

RunninRichie
Senior

Yesterday at 7:24 PM
We don’t have a offense. I’m so ready for Cal to retire

His one title was built around that kid who was naked, tied up, and towel whipped on the UK locker room floor.

But you be you.

Are you referring to Anthony Davis?
Running Rickey will let you know, if he’s not too busy constantly trashing his own team on the UK site and IU on the Purdue site.

I just don’t get it—I would never trash Painter or Purdue on another site. And of course, as an IU fan I root against Purdue!

However, Painter is a really good coach, Purdue is obviously an excellent school, and Purdue has kids that play fundamental basketball, stay in college, and respresent the University overwhelmingly in a positive light.

Reactions: tjreese
His one title was built around that kid who was naked, tied up, and towel whipped on the UK locker room floor.

But you be you.
Oh of course! anthony davis averaging 14 a game and taking the 4th most shots on the team and scoring 0 points in the title game (something IU hasn’t been to since the PS2 released) won the title for UK single handedly! Never mind the POY candidate in Terrence Jones or the 42% 3 point shooter in Doron Lamb. Lets also forget the point forward MKG averaging 11 and 6 a game. Remember when he dropped 18 and 9 on IU in the tourney? Hilarious stuff but I wouldn’t expect anything else form a hoosier fan.

Running Rickey will let you know, if he’s not too busy constantly trashing his own team on the UK site and IU on the Purdue site.

I just don’t get it—I would never trash Painter or Purdue on another site. And of course, as an IU fan I root against Purdue!

However, Painter is a really good coach, Purdue is obviously an excellent school, and Purdue has kids that play fundamental basketball, stay in college, and respresent the University overwhelmingly in a positive light.
Yes! I “running ricky” have said things out of frustration and anger on RR. Indiana has a average coach, a good academic school and horrible fans who really know how to say a good obscene filled chant towards opposing teams and players (just ask UK and Matt Haarms) .

Oh of course! anthony davis averaging 14 a game and taking the 4th most shots on the team and scoring 0 points in the title game (something IU hasn’t been to since the PS2 released) won the title for UK single handedly! Never mind the POY candidate in Terrence Jones or the 42% 3 point shooter in Doron Lamb. Lets also forget the point forward MKG averaging 11 and 6 a game. Remember when he dropped 18 and 9 on IU in the tourney? Hilarious stuff but I wouldn’t expect anything else form a hoosier fan.
I have no dog in the fight, but are you saying Anthony Davis was tied up naked and whipped with towels in the locker room at UK?

I have no dog in the fight, but are you saying Anthony Davis was tied up naked and whipped with towels in the locker room at UK?
Yup. Google images is your friend. Marques Teague was the lead “dominatrix (?!?)” and the whole team gathered round to cheer. Good times!

Cool—Kentucky stats buffet on the Purdue board.

You be you—I’m done clogging the internet here. Apologies to any sane Purdue fan who gave this silliness a look.

almost like Todd Leary doing crack cocaine i’d imagine. Or Knight choking players.
Someone claimed that Todd was a good person. Ask his co-defendants kids. They would call him Uncle Todd as he was extorting money from their dad. Dude, was definitely about himself and would probably take money from the homeless.

In as unbiased as I can be and with limited viewing I can say that Galloway sees the court, understands the game and plays within himself...again in limited viewing. I'll agree that Jaden has put up shots he shouldn't have taken, but I also don't know his background prior to Purdue as to whether he had to carry the load whether in high school or AAU. Naturally he came to Purdue with high hopes and has been effected by his injury. Additionally, he is on a team with a LOT of inexperienced players where all are trying to figure out their game within the team concept and all these moving parts are making it difficult for everyone. What is obvious is that he has good size for a guard, athletic and can get in the lane about anytime he wants...he just has to finish the deal and that will come with time. I understand Jaden has good work ethic and can't help but think mom as pg can help him mentally. Galloway has similar support from home, but Jaden has an overall higher ceiling.

I understand why you see value in Galloway as he would be a nice fit for many teams that play in the half court a lot, rather than a Baylor and such. It wasn't an accident that Matt looked at both players and could have used both players, but as time goes on I suspect Jaden will a point of emphasis for opposing coaches.
That’s a pretty good assessment. Fair and fits with what I have seen as well. Galloway is a good player, certainly BIG skilled.

Reactions: tjreese
That’s a pretty good assessment. Fair and fits with what I have seen as well. Galloway is a good player, certainly BIG skilled.
I have seen him very little. That was probably a 2-5 minute assessment, but some things quickly stick out.

I have seen him very little. That was probably a 2-5 minute assessment, but some things quickly stick out.
I've seen most of their games. He is really good at finishing fast breaks. I even commented to my mother that he is the only one of IU's frosh that I would take on Purdue. However, his half court game hasn't been very good, but you can see the potential (he was pretty good against Penn State).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT