ADVERTISEMENT

It appears IU was looking ahead to their Super Bowl.

Sorry, I thought we were discussing next year with the addition of Colvin, a healthy Waddell and Heide.
no problem at all. I think I was responding to the amount of players lost from last year and that the teams adds Colvin. It wasn't clear enough and my misdirection. Purdue essentially has everyone back but one and will pick up one with Colvin and yes those two will be in teh shuffle next year

This was 100% a rebuilding year with what we lost. Thus, the lack of ranking to begin the year. The announcers are always talking about this the uncertainty of the freshman and lack of seniors was the concern coming into the year.

This IU fan has zero clue what he is talking about.
IU fans have zero clue of what they are talking about. FIFY.

Unfortunately for Waddell, I just don't think his talent level is B10 level. Maybe he gets there in a couple of years and he's probably just happy to be there, but I don't see him making any contributions over the next 2 years.
I try to never say never. He might not make a lot of impact on the floor this year, next year or another year (I have no idea), but his quickness was sooooooooooo much different than the earlier part of the season that the knee issue may be going away. What we do know prior to injury was that he was opening some eyes. We also know he is 6'8", fundamentally sound, can handle the ball a bit and is a smart player...not touching his shot wearing the brace as it was awful, but thinking it was a bit better pre injury. He can use a bit more strength, but he has some things going for him. I have no predictions other than I think he will work hard to get better and won't be surprised if he does get minutes down the road...but it is all up to him

No. You're not part of "them". You're part of the bandwagon group and wannabes.
I mean I spend my money on them. So yea. We have an uphill battle. I don't know how it works in Purdue-land. But with IU, everyone is a Hoosier. We don't put fans down just because they didn't attend the school.

Because 80% of your fans never attended IU...or college for that matter.
So what you're saying is... IU is a more popular brand than Purdue... Tell something we don't know. One of the largest alumni bases only being 20% of the fan base? That'd be wild.

Unfortunately for Waddell, I just don't think his talent level is B10 level. Maybe he gets there in a couple of years and he's probably just happy to be there, but I don't see him making any contributions over the next 2 years.
Another bad take. You told us all at the start of the season how bad Brandonwas going to be. You were the one who told us Morton was not good enough to even be a back up, let alone start. Come on Lenny! You need to withhold your judgements when you have such tiny inconsequential evidence.

I trust that Painter has done his job and made the appropriate choices for kids he wants on the team.

Reactions: Abugabby
Rothstein said to buy stock on Waddell before the injury. It takes some time after an ACL to trust your leg.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
So what you're saying is... IU is a more popular brand than Purdue... Tell something we don't know. One of the largest alumni bases only being 20% of the fan base? That'd be wild.
don't confuse popularity with being a good thing. There are countless examples of something popular that falls short of more substantive things...the army to special forces...cashiers to brain surgeons...a whole host of things. A while back I mentioned about the team being smart and such and if I recall correctly you said nobody cares. Well, that is simply not true. I imagine that most if not almost all...maybe all posters that post care about the behavior and academics of the players. They see the game at a different level...that level being a game.

If you are a Purdue fan there is a much more likley chance that you have attended class or have a sibling, child...some connection to the university. There is a personal connection in some manner and that is through the school primarily. This is not to denigrate those that didn't go to school since they can be fine people with great character and quite smart in their own right. However, for years it has been quite common for those that never attended IU to denigrate Purdue's academics and although the illuminates the lack of intelligence of the person advocating such it is a disservice to young, influential children to be subjected to such child abuse. Some go as far to dress children in the red garb.

Here is a very simple mathematical fact. If you wish to compare a characteristic of knowledge, being informed, logical...some qualitative or quantitative measure....it makes no difference if the quality in question shows each population (colleges?) to be above the general population of the larger sample that produced those two samplings in some measure...adding to that sampling population (both colleges) will be lowering the average of the two sampling populations in that characteristic since those two samplings already removed what characteristic that was deemed above the general population.

Another way of saying this is that I wear Purdue gear because I went there...others generally a connection to the university...neither of those happen in such a high percent with IU...and if you are the exception...forgetting about your lack of interest expressed in the players qualities outside of playing basketball, then good for you. Some just buy their gear elsewhere.

However, there are many rif raf that are more likely when the popularity grows...just a mathematical fact of sampling and removing the data some distance from average for whatever characteristic and then further sampling and adding data from the original population which brings closer to the original "average" the select group was taken...

After all this progress Painter has made with you, and you still question his eye for talent?

After all this progress Painter has made with you, and you still question his eye for talent?
Cmon man, that's part of my job. When I'm right, I crow. When I'm wrong, I eat crow. I've happily enjoyed a lot of crow with Smith.
But, Painter is not beyond question.

Supposedly has a bad sinus infection or something like that.
OK, that can be somewhat debilitating. Maybe holding him out for a medical redshirt?

So when he gets it cleared up, I'm sure he'll come back and make us wish we had recruited him instead of Furst.

• Haha
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Cmon man, that's part of my job. When I'm right, I crow. When I'm wrong, I eat crow. I've happily enjoyed a lot of crow with Smith.
But, Painter is not beyond question.
He's right many, many more times than he's wrong.

Edwards, Eifert, Ivey, Edey, Loyer, Smith... All were lightly recruited when Painter offered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT