ADVERTISEMENT

It appears IU was looking ahead to their Super Bowl.

LOL. If they win on Saturday their entire season was a success.
Who guards TJD? Is Morton good enough to stop him? Who guards Edey...or does Woody pull a Knight and put a token defense on him and double up on our guards?

It appears that Thompson isn't completely healed from the injury and that he's lost a step. And does Hood have the capability of guarding either of PU's Frosh guards.

And how much Old Milwaukee be sold in Bloomington before the game...and after?

Only thing in IU's favor is Ass Hall, which is worth 10 PPG.

LOL. If they win on Saturday their entire season was a success.
It just hard to believe that before the season that they had everybody back and paid some good drug money for two of them. Then added 2 five star players that liked the lights. All that with a very experienced team this year! 😌 It is just hard to pinpoint all teh different ways this much talent under performs a lot of games...even the ones it has won.

And here is Purdue...the team that lost 5 out of the top 6 with one transfer Sr brought in. Purdue is playing extensive minutes with 2 freshmen, and the sub for Zach is a red-shirt freshmen. On the bench is a freshmen that apparently was doing well until his knee injury...one soph and 3 juniors and Purdue has had the better season. Let me repeat that...Purdue has had the better season and you just shake your head...

Who guards TJD? Is Morton good enough to stop him? Who guards Edey...or does Woody pull a Knight and put a token defense on him and double up on our guards?

It appears that Thompson isn't completely healed from the injury and that he's lost a step. And does Hood have the capability of guarding either of PU's Frosh guards.

And how much Old Milwaukee be sold in Bloomington before the game...and after?

Only thing in IU's favor is Ass Hall, which is worth 10 PPG.
My guess as primary and we know Purdue switches to keep players in front of them.
Zach/TJD
Caleb/Race
Dustin/Bates
Ethan/Shitfino
Fletcher/Koop

Does Trey bring it when subbing for Zach in front of so many friends. Positive plays when Zach and TJD are out could be big

Hopefully Penn St isn't a trap game for Purdue either. So far this team has been extremely business like though.

My worry for Penn St is if Shrewsbury just goes 5 guards from the beginning and gets Edey guarding the perimeter. Let Eddy get his 40, but if they hit 15 3s and get Eddy away from protecting the rim it's likely a close ballgame. It's a big gamble, but probably their only shot as they saw they have no answer for him in Philly.

I didn't watch, I don't care about Indiana and Maryland right now, but good for Maryland, they are tough. I'll care A LOT about IU Thursday, Friday and Saturday, tonight it's all about Penn State.

And here I am bumping this thread, but can we all band together and just stop it with new threads about IU? They are our main basketball rival, sure I totally get it, but they are largely irrelevant to our goal this season and moving forward as Matt Painter is in the middle of a 30+ year career at Purdue and establishing one of the most consistent and elite programs in the country. As our inbred Southern Indiana brethren are quick to point out, Finals Fours and Banners and all of that, right? That's our focus... not a former blue blood that is throwing tantrums and trying to be relevant in 2023.

/that is all.

Wasn't a surprise. Maryland is good at home. Refs were garbage on the road in the B1G as usual. Maybe worse. Honestly, refs should be mic'd every game like the IU-OSU game. That was one of the best officiated games a B1G ref could have... And it was average at best. I'd say there was about a 15% chance of getting a share of the B1G title, that's dropped to 0%. Oh well. Is what it is. Still have a chance for 2nd.

Wasn't a surprise. Maryland is good at home. Refs were garbage on the road in the B1G as usual. Maybe worse. Honestly, refs should be mic'd every game like the IU-OSU game. That was one of the best officiated games a B1G ref could have... And it was average at best. I'd say there was about a 15% chance of getting a share of the B1G title, that's dropped to 0%. Oh well. Is what it is. Still have a chance for 2nd.
So, it’s the refs fault iu lost? Are you going to blame the refs when Purdue beats iu on Saturday?

Refs whatever, your 5 star freshman guard played like garbage and that is an insult to garbage. That is why you lost.

Edey won’t guard tjd for a second. It will be Morton, Gillis, Kaufman and furst. Edey will help with the double team
That'd be the smartest thing to do. Best way to double TJD has been from the opposite block.

Edey won’t guard tjd for a second. It will be Morton, Gillis, Kaufman and furst. Edey will help with the double team
We know the "for a second was tongue in cheek". It would be wonderful if Purdue could lay off a shooter with Zach but any of these "could" get in going in bloomington-Bates, Shitfino, Galloway, and Koop. Ethan and Gillis are a bit small and although Trey will defend him when Zach goes to the bench which we hope is for rest or a huge lead and not fouls. Caleb could do a decent job on TJD...but now who defends out on the perimeter? What happens to rebounding if Zach is pulled away?

Now, later in the game depending on shooting or IU to have one less threat on the perimeter, then adjusting Zach "could" be in play, but I doubt that to be at the start of the game. Still, I've been wrong before and will be wrong many times in teh future...

Lol. You're better off playing the lottery. No one knows what Big Ten refs will do.
It appears to me that we are seeing a few different refs doing games this year than in the recent past

Hold on there, Boiler fans. Maybe we should wait until Purdue wins @ Maryland before we mock.
I missed the mocking, but hope Purdue has not dropped any between now and Maryland. I'm looking forward to the Maryland game with anticipation should Purdue not lose any between now and then...and if not, will be much more concerned with that game.

I'm curious how Purdue handles the 2-2-1 realative to time knowing or expecting a bit more slapping and such with it should any player rush to break it and find that player in a trap. It also appears Maryland plays a match-up and will still hand off players in short handoffs, but will continue tighter man in an unbalanced court or a longer distance a player moves. It "appears" that their coach is trying to eliminate any confusion a straight match-up can have with hand-offs in general...but I have not watched a lot of their games either. Either way Purdue will or should quickly attack it as man D with player and ball movement to get the D moving a bit quicker. Win 2 between now and then and this will be a good test for Purdue with rabid fans and a more athletic style of play...
edit below-
I'll add that any Purdue player that starts out in the area initially defended by Maryland and then is isolated on that player (if possible) by other Purdue players taking their defenders with them puts Purdue in a preferred match of players due to a previous math-up that is now maintained

Last edited:
Don't let any of them fool you... Saturday truly is their SuperBowl. Our massive success in a true rebuilding year and their failure with huge N$L payouts and high expectations is absolutely killing that fan based on the inside. Dusty banners, banners, banners, and national recruits have been absolutely worthless for them and they know it. :p

I missed the mocking, but hope Purdue has not dropped any between now and Maryland. I'm looking forward to the Maryland game with anticipation should Purdue not lose any between now and then...and if not, will be much more concerned with that game.

I'm curious how Purdue handles the 2-2-1 realative to time knowing or expecting a bit more slapping and such with it should any player rush to break it and find that player in a trap. It also appears Maryland plays a match-up and will still hand off players in short handoffs, but will continue tighter man in an unbalanced court or a longer distance a player moves. It "appears" that their coach is trying to eliminate any confusion a straight match-up can have with hand-offs in general...but I have not watched a lot of their games either. Either way Purdue will or should quickly attack it as man D with player and ball movement to get the D moving a bit quicker. Win 2 between now and then and this will be a good test for Purdue with rabid fans and a more athletic style of play...
edit below-
I'll add that any Purdue player that starts out in the area initially defended by Maryland and then is isolated on that player (if possible) by other Purdue players taking their defenders with them puts Purdue in a preferred match of players due to a previous math-up that is now maintained
considering the edit above-some will recall X simpson and the Michigan center with Haas. There Simpson would come off a screen and force Haas to take him and then would slowly back out a little to pull haas out with the treat of a quick drive...maintaining Haas on Simpson as the Michigan center slipped into a nearby opening for an 8' shot that he would make...

Don't let any of them fool you... Saturday truly is their SuperBowl. Our massive success in a true rebuilding year and their failure with huge N$L payouts and high expectations is absolutely killing that fan based on the inside. Dusty banners, banners, banners, and national recruits have been absolutely worthless for them and they know it. :p
Is it a true rebuilding year if you're #1 and you have how many seniors?

Is it a true rebuilding year if you're #1 and you have how many seniors?
Purdue lost 5 out of the top 6 players from last year and have 1 senior guard transfer than is just now starting to get into a groove offensively a bit due to just rying to fit in. Zach is 50-50 right now and so essentially this whole team could be back with Colvin instead of Jenkins. However, I'm fully aware there are no promises on a future and so Purdue needs to be the best it can since tomorrow is not promised to anyone

Reactions: Schnelk
Purdue lost 5 out of the top 6 players from last year and have 1 senior guard transfer than is just now starting to get into a groove offensively a bit due to just rying to fit in. Zach is 50-50 right now and so essentially this whole team could be back with Colvin instead of Jenkins. However, I'm fully aware there are no promises on a future and so Purdue needs to be the best it can since tomorrow is not promised to anyone
Wouldn't that just be considered reloading? You can't claim to be rebuilding while you're #1. And if Purdue fans want to believe they are an elite and dominant program, there is no rebuilding. Just reloading.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Wouldn't that just be considered reloading? You can't claim to be rebuilding while you're #1. And if Purdue fans want to believe they are an elite and dominant program, there is no rebuilding. Just reloading.
When you lose 5 out of the top 6 and your bench was not filled with any 5 star players...most would call that rebuilding. Going forward it might be reloading though

1-14 from the field for schifino . I don’t know if I’ve ever seen any guard shoot that bad ever.
I remember Langford having a pretty rough game during his first visit to Mackey. In fact, he quit about 5 minutes into the 2nd half because he was getting physically manhandled, wasn't getting any star treatment and AJ Hammonds kept swatting his shots. The dude quit.

When you lose 5 out of the top 6 and your bench was not filled with any 5 star players...most would call that rebuilding. Going forward it might be reloading though
You don't have to have 5 stars to reload. You had 4 stars returning still and a 4 star coming in and Top 10 player in the nation returning.

I'm not sure you understand the question.

That was beautiful TJ. “Was that James Joyce?” Lol

Reactions: tjreese
I would be shocked if Zach doesn't guard TJD, primarily because he is not an outside shooting threat. We, of course, will double anytime he gets the ball in the post. Morton will likely guard JHS.

Reactions: tjreese
That was beautiful TJ. “Was that James Joyce?” Lol
In my ignorance I'm unfamiliar with James Joyce. However, it is safe to say I like a lot of H. L. Mencken quotes. ;) Below are just a few and I think the three areas many of his quotes align are religion, government and education... He has some really good quotes that we all know years later to be true. If unfamiliar, you might enjoy him. I used to use one of his in my email closing about pedagogues.

Renaui or race aren’t outside shooting threats either. Let them shoot outside all day. They don’t have an outside shooting threat at guard either.

Words of wisdom from the &*^%in Catalina Wine mixer.......POW POW!

Reactions: DrEss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT