ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Basketball Thread

Hate to spoil the future, but it probably wont happen under a guy who has only won a tournament game 2 out of 7 years.
How many tournament wins did Painter have prior to getting to a P5 program? He's already surpassed Painter in recruiting. He's been farther in the tournament than Painter has ever been and did so with less talent. Saying the future of Purdue basketball looks brighter than the future of IU basketball would be be like Iu fans saying IU football's future looks brighter than Purdue's.

How many tournament wins did Painter have prior to getting to a P5 program? He's already surpassed Painter in recruiting. He's been farther in the tournament than Painter has ever been and did so with less talent. Saying the future of Purdue basketball looks brighter than the future of IU basketball would be be like Iu fans saying IU football's future looks brighter than Purdue's.

Painter has built multiple top 10 teams. The best Archies ever done is 39. Even in Painters off year, Purdue is still better in KenPom than Archie.

Withoit a doubt, Painter is sleeping with a pillow and a cover over Archie's catch up.

Painter has built multiple top 10 teams. The best Archies ever done is 39. Even in Painters off year, Purdue is still better in KenPom than Archie.

Withoit a doubt, Painter is sleeping with a pillow and a cover over Archie's catch up.
Archie currently has IU ranked 21st in Kenpom with the 18th ranked defense. That's something you said he wouldn't ever do. Painter is definitely feeling the pressure Archie is putting on him. Archie's 7-1 recruiting record against him has to be driving him crazy.

Archie currently has IU ranked 21st in Kenpom with the 18th ranked defense. That's something you said he wouldn't ever do. Painter is definitely feeling the pressure Archie is putting on him. Archie's 7-1 recruiting record against him has to be driving him crazy.

This is Archies best ever team. Its still worse than Painters median team. Let that sink in.

Reactions: Schnelk
Yes, maybe the way Archie is recruiting is driving him crazy.

This is Archies best ever team. Its still worse than Painters median team. Let that sink in.
Also, this is a BS statement. I haven't calculated the averages, but Painter's 2006 team ranked 155th in Kenpom with the 186th ranked offense and 143rd ranked defense. With that year alone, there is absolutely no way Painter's average team is better than 21st in kenpom with the 34th ranked offense and 18th ranked defense.

Archie's best team so far got to the Elite 8. That's better than Painter's best team which is a S16.
Congrats on the run good in March.

As we see, that doesnt carry over year to year.

Yeah as a Purdue fab you should understand how that good run in march does not carry over from year to year. Who on here can honestly say that they prefer the way Purdue is trending over the way IU is trending? I am not saying that trends equal results but i will take the way IU is recruiting over Purdue and anyone that is rational would more than likely agree with those statements. Either way i just want to tell everyone in this board agree or disagree that i wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas and i wish you all the best in the new year except for 2 gamedays in 2019

10 of 47* . Lol 11-2. Lol 7-5. Lol Nojel > Romeo. Lol Nojel's free throw shooting. 3 of 12.
Bragging about records and we aren’t half way through the season yet, not to mention the schedule strength isn’t even close. This is just like your hot take about IU shoootng better from deep. Purdue has played one top 5 team in the road and so has IU, both resulting in losses. After that, Purdue has played two top 15 teams as true road games and IU has played one top 20 team at home. Give IU those two road games and then give Purdue the two cupcakes IU played instead and the records are likely PU 9-3 and IU 9-4.

Come back February 3rd, 2019 after you actually play someone and let’s compare then. I doubt IU goes .500 between Jan. 1 and Feb.3. IU is decent, but IU fans on a Purdue board gloating about Kenpom, where you are still below Purdue, who has a top 6 offensive ranking BTW, as well as overall records when you have such a weak SOS, well, it makes you look desperate. I won’t even bring up the fact that you are arguing with a well known troll who says whatever it takes to rustle IU fans in this thread and in another thread you are arguing with a fellow IU fan.

Bragging about records and we aren’t half way through the season yet, not to mention the schedule strength isn’t even close. This is just like your hot take about IU shoootng better from deep. Purdue has played one top 5 team in the road and so has IU, both resulting in losses. After that, Purdue has played two top 15 teams as true road games and IU has played one top 20 team at home. Give IU those two road games and then give Purdue the two cupcakes IU played instead and the records are likely PU 9-3 and IU 9-4.

Come back February 3rd, 2019 after you actually play someone and let’s compare then. I doubt IU goes .500 between Jan. 1 and Feb.3. IU is decent, but IU fans on a Purdue board gloating about Kenpom, where you are still below Purdue, who has a top 6 offensive ranking BTW, as well as overall records when you have such a weak SOS, well, it makes you look desperate. I won’t even bring up the fact that you are arguing with a well known troll who says whatever it takes to rustle IU fans in this thread and in another thread you are arguing with a fellow IU fan.
Lol we have 5 top 50 wins compared to your 1 (Maryland lost at home to a crappy Seton Hall team today). Btw, I did say IU would be a better 3pt shooting team than Purdue, and i stand by that. Currently IU is at 37% from 3 while Purdue is at 37.5%. The difference is that Purdue only has 2 good shooters while IU has a team full of them. IU's percentage is brought down by 1 player who has attempted the most 3s on the team. IU is going to wipe the floor with Purdue two times this year (3 times if you get the misfortune of playing us in the BTT).

Reactions: cropper8321
10 of 47* . Lol 11-2. Lol 7-5. Lol Nojel > Romeo. Lol Nojel's free throw shooting. 3 of 12.

I could be wrong but isnt SOS determined by who you play and how they played over the course of the year? So shouldn't we wait till the end of the year before we talk about SOS and rankings? Now if you want to talk about how teams where playing at the time the game is/was played i am all uo for that cause we all know that a team not ranked now and playing not good could be completely different come the first week of March. I kind of compare the first few months of the basketball similiar to college football where preseason rankings and the first 1/3 of the season means NOTHING. What matters is the end of the year rankings and who gets a chance to play for all if the marbles, if you haven't won the games than you dont get to play. You didn't use the words specifically but you are using hypotheticals in your record comparison and doesn't the old saying apply here if my mom had a di** she could be my dad. Your first paragraph contradicts itself in the point that you are saying. We are just getting to the point in the season where we can use stats imho, all we can really use is the eye test till we get into conference

Lol we have 5 top 50 wins compared to your 1 (Maryland lost at home to a crappy Seton Hall team today). Btw, I did say IU would be a better 3pt shooting team than Purdue, and i stand by that. Currently IU is at 37% from 3 while Purdue is at 37.5%. The difference is that Purdue only has 2 good shooters while IU has a team full of them. IU's percentage is brought down by 1 player who has attempted the most 3s on the team. IU is going to wipe the floor with Purdue two times this year (3 times if you get the misfortune of playing us in the BTT).

Wow.....that is bold.

Yes, it is. I've watched too many games over the years between PU and IU to count either out like you have. But that is your opinion.
Most years over the last decade, there has been a team that is clearly better than the other. This year is no different.

13 games in and there hasn’t been a single day IU has had a better percentage from deep nor made more shots from deep, not one day. I know you like to look at percentages only and don’t have the math skills to understand the differences, but just for kicks, according to percentages only, Tommy Luce is a better shooter from 3 than any player on your team. As for the rest of your post, once again, you haven’t beat anyone yet as you have only played one top 15 team. We shall see where you sit, as well as your top 50 wins, after the next 30-60 days when the data is populated with some actual good teams on the road like Purdue has already experienced.
Maybe take a Kahn academy course in the meantime.

13 games in and there hasn’t been a single day IU has had a better percentage from deep nor made more shots from deep, not one day. I know you like to look at percentages only and don’t have the math skills to understand the differences, but just for kicks, according to percentages only, Tommy Luce is a better shooter from 3 than any player on your team. As for the rest of your post, once again, you haven’t beat anyone yet as you have only played one top 15 team. We shall see where you sit, as well as your top 50 wins, after the next 30-60 days when the data is populated with some actual good teams on the road like Purdue has already experienced.
Just to piggy back on your 4 top 50 wins. You do realize that none of those teams is rated higher than Purdue right now. Do you believe that Purdue is better than all of the teams you have beaten? According to your logic Purdue is better than anyone you beat and you don’t have any good road wins.

Again, you are wrong. Prior to your last game IU had a better percentage. I still believe we finish the year with a higher percentage as apart from 1 player our team has higher percentage shooters.

Just to piggy back on your 4 top 50 wins. You do realize that none of those teams is rated higher than Purdue right now. Do you believe that Purdue is better than all of the teams you have beaten? According to your logic Purdue is better than anyone you beat and you don’t have any good road wins.
5 top 50 wins*. and yea, Marquette, Louisville, and Butler are all better than Purdue.

Reactions: cropper8321
Also, this is a BS statement. I haven't calculated the averages, but Painter's 2006 team ranked 155th in Kenpom with the 186th ranked offense and 143rd ranked defense. With that year alone, there is absolutely no way Painter's average team is better than 21st in kenpom with the 34th ranked offense and 18th ranked defense.
Dude, let this sink in....you have been over here for a long time defending your beloved Loosiers. It's been said many times. Once again, do you really believe that a you will switch the minds over here? Purdue board!

Dude, let this sink in....you have been over here for a long time defending your beloved Loosiers. It's been said many times. Once again, do you really believe that a you will switch the minds over here? Purdue board!
No I don't, but it certainly is fun to try lol.

No I don't, but it certainly is fun to try lol.
Ok, I figured you were just trolling. Are you a young person with nothing better to do? I'm just saying. You may want to take up Crossfit, Bodybuilding a Sport or something. Come on... something.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Ok, I figured you were just trolling. Are you a young person with nothing better to do? I'm just saying. You may want to take up Crossfit, Bodybuilding a Sport or something. Come on... something.
I'm not trolling. I'm stating opinions and backing them up with facts. Based on how loose that term is used around here, I'm guessing most of you don't actually know what it means.

5 top 50 wins*. and yea, Marquette, Louisville, and Butler are all better than Purdue.
Not according to Kenpom which is what you are using, right? You have only played one team as good as Purdue and got blown out.
IU had the same percentage as Purdue prior to the last game, not better. Try again.

I'm not trolling. I'm stating opinions and backing them up with facts. Based on how loose that term is used around here, I'm guessing most of you don't actually know what it means.
Well as of right now it is definitely an opinion at IU. Did he do some nice things at Dayton. Opinion is what people believe he will do at IU because nothing factual backs that up. Some coaches move to a bigger program because they know the high risk reward it possesses. Crean made a FF and never duplicated that at IU. This is why it's an opinion and not a fact.

Not according to Kenpom which is what you are using, right? You have only played one team as good as Purdue and got blown out.
IU had the same percentage as Purdue prior to the last game, not better. Try again.
Lol are you trying to say Purdue is as good as Duke? Kenpom is flawed. Last year's offensive numbers have to be playing a big part of your current offensive rating, because Purdue isnt close to a top 10 team offensively.

Which of these teams is better offensively?

Team A:

FG%: 53%
3pt%: 37%
FT%: 63.5%
Pts: 79.9

Team B:

FG: 45.8%
3pt%: 37.5%
FT%: 73.9%
Pts: 78.8

You are ranked 34th in the NET rankings while IU, Marquette, and Louisville are all top 20.

If you want to keep talking kenpom, tell me more about your quality kenpom wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT