ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting

I don't care if it's 6 months old, people need to accept the fact that Brooks is not coming to Purdue.
I know that, and I have said that many times. That doesn't change the fact that he would fit perfectly at the 4 for us next year.

Reactions: TX4GB
Haven't heard much about 2020 recruiting. Looks to be a 3 man class. Seniors that year will be Haarms and Eastern.

Looking at the roster makeup, seems like PF would be the most critical position of need, with only Wheeler being labeled as a "4" in my book.

Is Purdue on anybody early? Any preferences for players we want?
One would think with our success in the Big Ten this year and wining 8 of the last 9 against iu, it would pay off in recruiting the states top talent.....

One would think with our success in the Big Ten this year and wining 8 of the last 9 against iu, it would pay off in recruiting the states top talent.....
Will never understand that. Look at Northwestern - dumpster fire (which is offensive to dumpsters because they appear to be able to do their job), has a better rated recruiting class coming in this year.

I think when some of us talk about changing the message or delivery of the message, this is what irks me. This isn't meant to degrade or minimize the kids we are bringing in. If you think about what Painter is able to get from those kids ranked 100-250, imagine what he could do with kids ranked 50-100 consistently!

Anyways, I am excited to see if we can close some of these 2020 kids because there is a lot of talent out there and plenty of chances for them to play

talking about Brooks being the perfect fit at the 4 is a lot like talking about Zion being the perfect transfer to play the 4 for Purdue. it's possible, but it's not going to happen. maybe we should start a We want Zion to transfer to Purdue thread.

talking about Brooks being the perfect fit at the 4 is a lot like talking about Zion being the perfect transfer to play the 4 for Purdue. it's possible, but it's not going to happen. maybe we should start a We want Zion to transfer to Purdue thread.
It has nothing to do with Brooks. It is about creating dissatisfaction and descent. That’s Iron’s purpose here.

IMO, basketball is moving away from the prototypical 2g/2f/1c lineup. Very rarely do you see teams with 2 "bigs" on the court together. It's more of a 1pg/3wing/1big setup. More athletes, more speed, more up-tempo and you keep 1 big for rebounding and blocks.
I haven't kept track, but I cant recall too many teams in the last 3 decades that had 2g/2f/1c. Most teams it seemed were 1pg/2wings/2bigs (more pfs than centers). I could be wrong, but it seemed that way to me.
I think Wilson and Wagner (sp?) Were ideal at Michigan a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Speaking of Zion. Does anybody else think there may be more to his injury than we've been told. Sounded like he'd be ready to go in a couple of games and now his return is indefinite.

Speaking of Zion. Does anybody else think there may be more to his injury than we've been told. Sounded like he'd be ready to go in a couple of games and now his return is indefinite.

No reason to bring home back for Wake Forrest. The UNC game will be interesting to see if he gives it a go, or maybe they hold on until the conference tournament. The problem with bum knees is that if you don’t feel confident and try and move more pressure to the other leg or change how you run/jump, you could hurt something else. There is zero value for him in rushing back, so if he does come back, he should make sure he truly is 100%.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Even Dakich said during the OSU game that he can't understand why the best recruits in the country don't want to come to Purdue.
There's a lot of speculation as to why that is: everything from crummy weather to not willing to cheat. Most of those are blind excuses.
What it comes down to is whoever is most responsible for recruiting, (whether that be Painter, an assistant coach or whomever) simply isn't doing a good enough job of selling Purdue to those Top 50 guys. They're either saying something or not saying something that puts Purdue behind their other schools.

Even Dakich said during the OSU game that he can't understand why the best recruits in the country don't want to come to Purdue.
There's a lot of speculation as to why that is: everything from crummy weather to not willing to cheat. Most of those are blind excuses.
What it comes down to is whoever is most responsible for recruiting, (whether that be Painter, an assistant coach or whomever) simply isn't doing a good enough job of selling Purdue to those Top 50 guys. They're either saying something or not saying something that puts Purdue behind their other schools.

I wish someone had made this observation (and posted it repeatedly) in the past....

Because Painter wants to always play )ay a three guard offense. I hate it.

Yes it sucks, because it obviously doesn't work for anyone. 50+ wins for us in the last 2 years, and what, the last 10 national champions?

I see your point.................

Last edited:
Thanks TX4GB for providing something relevant to the topic. Isn't he out east? I suppose the usual suspects are also after him.

Thanks TX4GB for providing something relevant to the topic. Isn't he out east? I suppose the usual suspects are also after him.
Alexandria va -- 7' 1" - For whatever reason, the usual suspects I am sure you are thinking of have not offered yet. Ore, MD, VA, ND ... have

Reactions: TX4GB and Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT