ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting

njm8845

Senior
Jul 1, 2008
Haven't heard much about 2020 recruiting. Looks to be a 3 man class. Seniors that year will be Haarms and Eastern.

Looking at the roster makeup, seems like PF would be the most critical position of need, with only Wheeler being labeled as a "4" in my book.

Is Purdue on anybody early? Any preferences for players we want?

Haven't heard much about 2020 recruiting. Looks to be a 3 man class. Seniors that year will be Haarms and Eastern.

Looking at the roster makeup, seems like PF would be the most critical position of need, with only Wheeler being labeled as a "4" in my book.

Is Purdue on anybody early? Any preferences for players we want?
Hunter Dickinson (C), Caleb Love(PG), Cam'ron Fletcher(SF), Ethan Morton(SG)

Reactions: Do Dah Day
IMO, basketball is moving away from the prototypical 2g/2f/1c lineup. Very rarely do you see teams with 2 "bigs" on the court together. It's more of a 1pg/3wing/1big setup. More athletes, more speed, more up-tempo and you keep 1 big for rebounding and blocks.

So let's boil down 2019-2020.
At the 5: Tre Williams should be a starter. Bench: Haarms, Boudreaux, and Dow
At the 4: Wheeler, ?
At the 3: Newman, Sasha
At the 2: Sasha, Hunter
At the 1: Nojel, IT​

If I were king, I would work on making Haarms a power forward over the summer. He has a good touch shooting, and can handle the ball. Boudreaux might not see the floor unless he converts to a PF too. I could see him alternating with Wheeler at the 4-spot. That assumes Dow is able to contribute in a back up role.

I expect both Isaiah and Newman to contribute right away. Too bad Brooks is looking so hard at that dumpster fire down south. He could have immediate playing time here at either the 3 or 4 spot.

If I were king, I would work on making Haarms a power forward over the summer. He has a good touch shooting, and can handle the ball. Boudreaux might not see the floor unless he converts to a PF too. I could see him alternating with Wheeler at the 4-spot. That assumes Dow is able to contribute in a back up role.

I expect both Isaiah and Newman to contribute right away. Too bad Brooks is looking so hard at that dumpster fire down south. He could have immediate playing time here at either the 3 or 4 spot.
Brooks would be a perfect fit here next year.

Completely agree with this. Haarms is not a "banger" down low. His skills are more in line with the 4. I could actually see Wheeler playing the 3 rather than the 4, especially with his outside shot. That could put EB as a backup at the 4 with Dow being the backup at the 5.

Lol according to my roommate who is an IU fan, their insiders are saying it's MSU and IU for Brooks with an IU lean. No more visits will be taken.

I like the thinking though.
Latest Rivals update made it seem like UNC could be the dark horse.

SG | LJ Cryer, Trey Galloway and Kerwin Walton

PF | Ben Carlson and Dawson Garcia

Sorry if some of those names were mentioned.

I think you will see Painter go after a transfer PF or a late bloomer.

I don’t see the transformation of Haarms I to a PF. He has a smooth shot but don’t think his handles are that tight. Perhaps ED is capable of playing a 4. Video evidence he has a pretty smooth jumper.

Wheeler would be a perfect fit at the 4 offensively.... I'm not sure he's a good fit defensively...

If Hunter or IT can lock up opposing 1's, I think Eastern could handle his own guarding the 4

Are you considering Gillis as a RS or not contributing?

Reactions: Roeder
At the 5: Williams, Haarms, Boudreaux, and Dow
At the 4: Wheeler, Gillis
At the 3: Newman and Brooks (Yes I think he comes to Purdue)
At the 1: Eastern, IT

*Note: King and Luce also but Luce is dropped from scholarship back to walk on unless both Boogie and Eastern go pro.

This offseason will be huge for Purdue to see if Boogie and Eastern go to the NBA...if they stay then huge for Purdue, if they go we are thin at PG.
*Note: Painter may have to have a late signee at guard for depth to give time for IT to get up to speed in weight room.

Boiler Up bitches!

IU gets two of those four...

Thanks again for demonstrating the arrogance of IU fans. After all, what player would wish to forego the opportunity to join the circus down in Bloomington?

On your homeboard where you post there are many posts claiming AM is a mistake hire. Some want him gone this year; more say give him another to get it right. So you expect players to signup for a coach that may not be there? That makes all the sense in the world. dws

At the 5: Williams, Haarms, Boudreaux, and Dow
At the 4: Wheeler, Gillis
At the 3: Newman and Brooks (Yes I think he comes to Purdue)
At the 1: Eastern, IT

*Note: King and Luce also but Luce is dropped from scholarship back to walk on unless both Boogie and Eastern go pro.

This offseason will be huge for Purdue to see if Boogie and Eastern go to the NBA...if they stay then huge for Purdue, if they go we are thin at PG.
*Note: Painter may have to have a late signee at guard for depth to give time for IT to get up to speed in weight room.

Boiler Up bitches!
So many things wrong with this post.

Brooks is not coming here. We didn't even get an official visit. Our only hope with Brooks is that he doesn't choose IU for some reason. Not that it matters, but in the totally hypothetical situation where Brooks did come here, he would be an obvious starter.

Nojel is not going pro. The only chance Nojel isn't on Purdue next year is if he transfers. He isn't an NBA player.

Gillis will redshirt next year. When you take Gillis and Brooks off your lineup, it's pretty obvious we lack any depth at the 3 and 4 spot.

Thanks again for demonstrating the arrogance of IU fans. After all, what player would wish to forego the opportunity to join the circus down in Bloomington?

On your homeboard where you post there are many posts claiming AM is a mistake hire. Some want him gone this year; more say give him another to get it right. So you expect players to signup for a coach that may not be there? That makes all the sense in the world. dws
Archie isn't going anywhere. You have the same Fire Painter posts all the time here after losses as well.

Morton and Love are our top 2 targets in the class, but there will be heavy competition for them.

Archie isn't going anywhere. You have the same Fire Painter posts all the time here after losses as well.
What happens if this season goes off the rails for IU? It could happen. Then with Morgan and Romeo leaving , it just doesn't look good for IU next season either .

Reactions: Purdue85

Morton and Love are our top 2 targets in the class, but there will be heavy competition for them.
Was Monday’s performance the first time IU has shot under 20% from 3 at home this season, or has it occurred more than once?

What happens if this season goes off the rails for IU? It could happen. Then with Morgan and Romeo leaving , it just doesn't look good for IU next season either .
It's highly unlikely this season goes off the rails, but next year we have TJD, Hunter, and most likely Brooks. Probably leads to similar results to this year (upper/mid Big Ten). The season after that his seat will be hot if he isn't competing for a Big 10 championship or going far in the tournament.

The season isn't over, not even 1/3. There is no guarantee that IU is upper/mid B1G. None of us know how things will turn out. You are making comments just like the All-B1G team that hasn't been voted upon. You may have an expectation, but an expectation is not a fact.

Reactions: Schnelk
Just saying ,as tough as the BIG is this year, you guys could finish 10th in the conference. We'll see.
The season isn't over, not even 1/3. There is no guarantee that IU is upper/mid B1G. None of us know how things will turn out. You are making comments just like the All-B1G team that hasn't been voted upon. You may have an expectation, but an expectation is not a fact.
The same can be said for Purdue.

Yeah , you probably know that we're in 4 place now and you in 8th place. And then there is always the chance that the Boilers sweep you this year. May Archies' leash is not as long as you think.
Lol you are 1 game up...

I would heavily bet that you dont sweep us this year.

Reactions: LLaswell
Maybe you would like to make a friendly wager on Saturdays game?
You just changed up your argument. You said Purdue sweeps IU this year. I said I would heavily bet against that (I think we split with each team winning at home). You then changed it to betting on Purdue's home game. Pass.

You just changed up your argument. You said Purdue sweeps IU this year. I said I would heavily bet against that (I think we split with each team winning at home
I have a feeling that your going to wake up Sunday morning and find yourself 3 games back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT