ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey discussed on 670 the Score

Bonefish said and implied it. It's his counterpoint to how well the team is performing. You have to understand the context. In his mind, last year was an abject failure, and we are in the same spot we were in this time last year. Same center, same style of play, same record,...
I mean he's right, we do have the same center, style, and record. He also said he agrees that we are different than last year, and that Jones is a difference maker. We are, to this point, certainly executing and shooting better than last year. But none of that is proof that things will turn out differently. You expect they will. I (slightly more cautiously) expect they will. He's wait and see. Ok. None of that means that he or anyone thinks a 22=2 record is a negative. It's just not proof of how things will end.

Reactions: bonefish1
I mean he's right, we do have the same center, style, and record. He also said he agrees that we are different than last year, and that Jones is a difference maker. We are, to this point, certainly executing and shooting better than last year. But none of that is proof that things will turn out differently. You expect they will. I (slightly more cautiously) expect they will. He's wait and see. Ok. None of that means that he or anyone thinks a 22=2 record is a negative. It's just not proof of how things will end.
As I said, you have to understand context. It seems you don't. But I'm glad you're speaking for him. He needs the help. He thought Edey was another Matt ten Dam. And he didn't like Smith or the Jones pickup. Tell me he's right.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
If most NBA careers are short then another year makes a very big difference. Professional athletes’ earning windows are very short so a year has a much larger significance then in other industries.
I'll probably get beat up for saying this but I'm not sure I'd be happy if my NBA Team drafted Edey in the first round. Take a flyer on the second round, sure but I just don't see how Edey fits into the modern game unless teams are willing to change the way they run their offense and quite frankly I don't think Edey is or ever will be good enough to be the focus of an NBA team's offense.

I agree with Robbie Hummell, Zach is the second best college player to play at Purdue in the last 50 years and maybe the best college B1G player in the last 20 years, so I'm not discounting his talent. I just don't see what he does translating into today's NBA.

Bonefish said and implied it. It's his counterpoint to how well the team is performing. You have to understand the context. In his mind, last year was an abject failure, and we are in the same spot we were in this time last year. Same center, same style of play, same record,...
Show me where I said or implied anything of the sort. I know it's your style to put words in people's mouth's, but that's just silly.

What I DID say, was that I'm enjoying this team and this season, that I enjoyed last years team and season, until the tourney (which was a historical failure).

Show me where I said or implied anything of the sort. I know it's your style to put words in people's mouth's, but that's just silly.

What I DID say, was that I'm enjoying this team and this season, that I enjoyed last years team and season, until the tourney (which was a historical failure).
You said it in your rebuttal to me. Everyone knows it's your style to move the goal posts when you are being proven wrong. It's been pointed out countless times over the years by multiple posters here.

the fact that he twisted his brain to convince himself that you view the 22-2 start and not the end of year fizzle as the negative from last year is bananas.

the fact that he twisted his brain to convince himself that you view the 22-2 start and not the end of year fizzle as the negative from last year is bananas.
Just like playing through the likely 2x player of the year is a negative. And recruiting Smith. And pulling Jones from the portal. Bananas. lol

Lil Andy is easily confused. He loves to read a post and then take it completely out of context and say things like "You said" He doesn't understand the difference between inferring, implying or interpreting.
He also believes that anything but glowing enthusiasm about a Purdue player or Painter is considered bashing and proof one is not a Purdue fan.

Reactions: Gemini95
Just like playing through the likely 2x player of the year is a negative. And recruiting Smith. And pulling Jones from the portal. Bananas. lol

What I've said is that having an offense that goes through the low post has not proven to be successful in making deep tournament runs. Which is 100% true in Painter's case.

What I've said is that having an offense that goes through the low post has not proven to be successful in making deep tournament runs. Which is 100% true in Painter's case.
He cant reconcile that people like you and me can believe this, yet still understand that yes, as currently constructed, our best bet for this season is to play though Edey.

He cant reconcile that people like you and me can believe this, yet still understand that yes, as currently constructed, our best bet for this season is to play though Edey.
Lol. You guys seem to be joined at the hip. It's good you found each other.

Agree 100%. None of his college achievements will be diminished or elevated based on what he does or doesn't do at the next level. However, to state he's "just big" is such a stupid comment, but I expect nothing less than stupid comments from the sports "commentators."
I heard what they were saying that day, neither cut down Edey, they both like most of us questioned his role in the NBA, this thread is making it sound like they trashed on Edey, they didn’t. I happen to like Bernstein and Holmes, during baseball season, college hoops not so much, they don’t follow it until the tourney, Chicago is a pro city, it’s all Bears right now.

I'm sure it does seem that way to you. Because you have difficulty holding 2 thoughts in your head at the same time.
Lil Andy gets extremely upset anytime you saying anything but glowing positive remarks about a Purdue player or especially Painter. He's a pretty emotional guy and loves to throw out the "YOU SAID", (which usually means he interpreted something incorrectly).

Lil Andy gets extremely upset anytime you saying anything but glowing positive remarks about a Purdue player or especially Painter. He's a pretty emotional guy and loves to throw out the "YOU SAID", (which usually means he interpreted something incorrectly).
lol. Blowfish just hates being called out when he's wrong. Absolutely hates it. He makes immature, stupid statements, then backtracks, changes his story, moves the goalposts so that he doesn't have to admit he's wrong.

Explain what you meant when YOU SAID that you hoped Kanon Catchings would decommit so that it would hasten the firing of Matt Painter. Or are you going to deny you made such a statement?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT