ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Johnson will be back..

Purdue has a world class engineering school, IU has a world class business school, both have alumni all over the world. so?
You were the one the said Purdue's reach was in-state only whereas IU was much better known outside of the state. Just giving a couple of data points that don't completely align with your statements.

To be clear, I think IU has a beautiful campus. They have some very good academic programs. I gladly accept the give and take between myself and friends that attended IU that are always good natured. I appreciate others that are fans of IU, even though they never had the opportunity attend the school.

I responded to your post(s) in this thread, and I have very infrequently responded in these types of threads, because of your comment the nastiness being spewed between the two fan bases was largely 'one sided'. That simply is not the reality that I have seen outside of what is said on a Purdue fan forum. If I saw a Purdue fan in public acting towards an IU fan in ways that I've witnessed IU fans doing, I would definitely intervene.

Reactions: Schnelk
You were the one the said Purdue's reach was in-state only whereas IU was much better known outside of the state. Just giving a couple of data points that don't completely align with your statements.

To be clear, I think IU has a beautiful campus. They have some very good academic programs. I gladly accept the give and take between myself and friends that attended IU that are always good natured. I appreciate others that are fans of IU, even though they never had the opportunity attend the school.

I responded to your post(s) in this thread, and I have very infrequently responded in these types of threads, because of your comment the nastiness being spewed between the two fan bases was largely 'one sided'. That simply is not the reality that I have seen outside of what is said on a Purdue fan forum. If I saw a Purdue fan in public acting towards an IU fan in ways that I've witnessed IU fans doing, I would definitely intervene.
I made that statement about basketball only. both are fine schools depending on what you want to pursue career wise. I have no animosity towards Purdue at all.

I made that statement about basketball only. both are fine schools depending on what you want to pursue career wise. I have no animosity towards Purdue at all.
There is much more to a university than its basketball program or even the athletic department as a whole. That seems to be something that you do not appreciate. IU had its glory days in basketball. They are over, and have been for a while. The fanbase has a hard time accepting and/or understanding that.

What you fail to appreciate, is that ex-basketball, IU has been the inferior when compared to Purdue. I am not aware of any well-known ranking of universities that places IU ahead of Purdue. I know that US News, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and others do not. In ranking education, Purdue is a much larger brand. Inferiority is why the basketball program means so much to IU fans. It gives them something on which they can brag.

Reactions: Schnelk
Purdue has a world class engineering school, IU has a world class business school, both have alumni all over the world. so?
True about Purdue engineering, but b schools are a dime a dozen.

Engineering schools are vastly more important to the wellbeing of the public, the state and the nation than are b schools.

There is much more to a university than its basketball program or even the athletic department as a whole. That seems to be something that you do not appreciate. IU had its glory days in basketball. They are over, and have been for a while. The fanbase has a hard time accepting and/or understanding that.

What you fail to appreciate, is that ex-basketball, IU has been the inferior when compared to Purdue. I am not aware of any well-known ranking of universities that places IU ahead of Purdue. I know that US News, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and others do not. In ranking education, Purdue is a much larger brand. Inferiority is why the basketball program means so much to IU fans. It gives them something on which they can brag.
yeah, you're probably right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT