ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Johnson will be back..

all time turnover leader? 4-1 assist to turnover ratio throughout his career what are you talking about. he is inconsistent but when Hes playing good top 2- or 3-point guard in the country.
WTF stats are you using that lead you to believe he has 4:1 career ratio? I don't think he's ever made it to a 2:1 ratio in a year.

I haven't decided if you're earnest or trolling coming over here but when you say stupid shit like that it takes away all credibility. Good for you that you're excited he's back. Although I think it's ridiculous that the NCAA gave him another year (why have a rule that says how many games you can play without losing a year if you're not going to enforce it), as a Purdue fan I have no problem with him returning as he's not a winning basketball player.

Saying he's really good when he's good is like saying the same about the Curbelo kid from IL a couple of years ago. He's great the third of the time when he's not losing games for you.

all time turnover leader? 4-1 assist to turnover ratio throughout his career what are you talking about. he is inconsistent but when Hes playing good top 2- or 3-point guard in the country.
You must live in IL because I don't think pot is legal yet in IN.

For his career he’s averaged 5.02 assists per game and 3.22 turnovers per game based on his per game averages over his 5 year college career statistics. (1.56:1 ratio) I don’t agree that he’s a top 2 or 3 guard in the country either. He can be good in games but not consistently enough to earn that status.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up stats for Braden Smith on the year and he averaged 4.4 assists and 2.0 turnovers (2.2:1 ratio)

WTF stats are you using that lead you to believe he has 4:1 career ratio? I don't think he's ever made it to a 2:1 ratio in a year.

I haven't decided if you're earnest or trolling coming over here but when you say stupid shit like that it takes away all credibility. Good for you that you're excited he's back. Although I think it's ridiculous that the NCAA gave him another year (why have a rule that says how many games you can play without losing a year if you're not going to enforce it), as a Purdue fan I have no problem with him returning as he's not a winning basketball player.

Saying he's really good when he's good is like saying the same about the Curbelo kid from IL a couple of years ago. He's great the third of the time when he's not losing games for you.
I'm earnest, although I do agree with you why have the rule? think Bohannon from Iowa got the same deal.

Reactions: northside100
If IU succeeds in having a top third appearance in the BIG next year, then Woodson will have done his best coaching job of his career. I think he is a good guy, but I don't have the same appreciation for his skill at team building and coaching. We will see. X is a good piece to build around since he knows what Woodson want to do. I don't think he will be enough of a difference maker to turn around what should be a major rebuilding year for IU.

Oh, and no, X is not one of the best point guards in the BIG. He is not a bad player, but I'd put a number of other PG's ahead of him. Anyone care to rank the returning PG's in the BIG just for fun?

:cool:

If IU succeeds in having a top third appearance in the BIG next year, then Woodson will have done his best coaching job of his career. I think he is a good guy, but I don't have the same appreciation for his skill at team building and coaching. We will see. X is a good piece to build around since he knows what Woodson want to do. I don't think he will be enough of a difference maker to turn around what should be a major rebuilding year for IU.

Oh, and no, X is not one of the best point guards in the BIG. He is not a bad player, but I'd put a number of other PG's ahead of him. Anyone care to rank the returning PG's in the BIG just for fun?

if you had a big 10-point guard only draft he would go number 1. assuming he is healthy

• Haha
Reactions: purduepat1969

That's a helluva a good, substantive question. And this includes defensive ability, right?
  1. Boo Buie if he returns
  2. Jahmir Young
  3. Xavier Johnson
  4. AJ Hoggard
  5. Chucky Heburn
  6. Ace Baldwin
  7. Bruce Thornton
  8. Paul Mulcahy
  9. Braden Smith
  10. Dug McDaniel
  11. Nico Moretti. If they get Rayj Dennis they then have a top 3 pg and shift all others down.
  12. Dasante bowen
  13. Nebraska ... maybe Lawrence? TBD
  14. Minny - TBD

Last edited:
That's a helluva a good, substantive question. And this includes defensive ability, right?
  1. Boo Buie if he returns
  2. Jahmir Young
  3. Xavier Johnson
  4. AJ Hoggard
  5. Chucky Heburn
  6. Ace Baldwin
  7. Bruce Thornton
  8. Paul Mulcahy
  9. Braden Smith
  10. Dug McDaniel
  11. Nico Moretti. If they get Rayj Dennis they then have a top 3 pg and shift all others down.
  12. Dasante bowen
  13. Nebraska ... maybe Lawrence? TBD
  14. Minny - TBD
you have smith and x to low. hepburn way to high

He’s 25 . Will be 26 before he graduates. Tjd is 24 right now

He’s 25 . Will be 26 before he graduates. Tjd is 24 right now
I thought Purdue guys were better at math than you:

Xavier Elijah Johnson (born October 14, 1999) is an American college basketball player for the Indiana Hoosiers of the Big Ten Conference.
PS: He has already graduated and will play as a grad student. A 23 year old grad student.

Trayce Jackson-Davis (born February 22, 2000) is an American college basketball player for the Indiana Hoosiers of the Big Ten Conference.

Last edited:
Not the best pg in the big ten. Iu improved after he went out last year. Want the dude to be successful, he’s just not been nearly as good as some of the iu faithful seem to think.
I wouldn’t take him for Purdue unless he wants to back up Braden.

Not the best pg in the big ten. Iu improved after he went out last year. Want the dude to be successful, he’s just not been nearly as good as some of the iu faithful seem to think.
I wouldn’t take him for Purdue unless he wants to back up Braden.
team didn't improve because he went out that is ridiculous. probably led to hood getting drafted but if X played all year would have probably ended up in the final 4 like I said earlier..

ADVERTISEMENT