ADVERTISEMENT

World War III just started

Just an FYI, jr believed with every fiber in his being that the MyPillow guy was going to provide the evidence that would overturn the 2020 election. That’s who you’re dealing with here.
Your continued exaggeration of my take on that is really something

Reactions: BBG
That's possible, but I suspect that we would have gotten a lot of support from our NATO allies, since they are a lot closer to the front lines, than we are.

Granted, Putin isn't the most stable person in the world, but he's not stupid and he wants to remain in power as long as possible. If we put strong enough sanctions on Russia that pinched the Oligarchs, Putin may have gotten internal pressure to pull back.

In war, there is nothing more useless than a bullet left in the magazine, when your position is overrun and you get killed. Biden is like Barney Fife fumbling around in his pocket, trying to find his bullet.

Sanctions work best, if used early to deter unwanted conduct. It's like explaining to children what will happen, if they misbehave. Then having the will to follow through, if they do.
The continued use of smarty pants language like Oligarchs and "False Flag attacks" is just so very soft. The US softness will get our butts kicked in this current ADMIN. Russia's hobby and activity is Chess. They are schooling us with recognizing two ethnic areas of Ukraine Independent and moving peace keeping forces in to protect them. That was a brilliant move on their part. Any type of attacks on them illustrate other countries as the aggressors. Hey Biden, don't forget the payments Ukraine made. I'm sure Russia can further expose that.
Add in a poor VP that is unprepared & Check Mate!

pretty weak that this thread about the biggest topic in the world today got moved of the forum we pay to use. Really sad that we don’t have adults on this message board that can resist the urge to click a thread they know they have zero interest in

Here's an idea for sanctions against Russia. Let's stop buying Russian oil. . . .

Russia Is A Major Supplier Of Oil To The U.S.​

Robert Rapier, Senior Contributor, Forbes

Russian President Putin addresses the nation

MOSCOW, RUSSIA - FEBRUARY 21, 2022: Russia's President Vladimir Putin addresses the nation on the ... [+]

As tensions rise between Russian and Ukraine, one of the issues being discussed a lot in the West is what a military conflict may do to oil prices.

Russia is one of the world’s largest oil producers. According to the 2021 BP Statistical Review of World Energy, in 2020 Russia produced 10.1 million barrels per day (BPD) of crude oil and natural gas condensate. That was good for second place behind the U.S. at 11.3 million BPD. Saudi Arabia was third at 9.3 million BPD.

However, the U.S. also consumes far more oil (17.2 million BPD) than Russia (3.2 million BPD) or Saudi Arabia (3.5 million BPD). The net result is that the U.S. is a net importer of crude oil, while Russia and Saudi Arabia are major crude oil exporters.

This also means that the U.S. economy is more vulnerable to oil price shocks, while higher oil prices are a net benefit to Russia and Saudi Arabia. Various talking heads have suggested that there will be a $5-$20 premium on oil prices if Russia invades Ukraine.

Although Ukraine produces some oil and natural gas, the primary concerns of a Russian invasion are 1). Ukraine is an important transit location for oil and gas; and 2). Russian sanctions would be put in place, potentially reducing the available oil supply in a tight market. If Russia could still sell all the oil it could produce to countries that refuse to abide by the sanctions, it might do well financially with an oil price spike.

But that leads to the question of how sanctions on Russia might impact the U.S. market. As of late 2021, the U.S. was importing 8.5 million BPD of crude oil from all countries. Canada was our top supplier, sending the U.S. 4.5 million BPD. (Having secure oil supplies from close allies highlights the importance of the Keystone XL Pipeline expansion). Mexico was second, at 700,000 BPD, and then Russia at 595,000 BPD. Saudi Arabia was our 4th largest supplier at 555,000 BPD.

Thus, Russia supplied 7% of U.S. crude oil imports in late 2021 – a significant number. Replacing that oil will put additional upward pressure on global oil prices, virtually assuring that oil will exceed $100/bbl if the situation further escalates.

Update: As I was finishing off this article, the situation escalated. Vladimir Putin has ordered Russian troops into the separatist regions of Ukraine. The oil markets are about to get very interesting.

Russia invading Ukraine has more to do with access to the natural resource wealth in eastern Ukraine (oil and natural gas and ore). Obtaining those oil fields gives them access to immense wealth in the immediate timetable for them to continue building up their military strength which was incredibly weak up until their invasion of Georgia a number of years ago, imo. The USA and NATO turning a blind eye to that test of Russian force is what led us to today (and also to Crimea) is what led us to today...that is largely on the heels of President Trump easing sanctions that were in place against Russian Oligarchs in 2018.

If you want, look at the military movements by Russia in Ukraine and overlay this map of natural resources in Ukraine...I would bet to guess they align with the taking and controlling of massive deposits of natural resources.

4292671629.png
Biggest resource of all is having their own ports. With access to Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea, & essentially much better shipping to the world markets.

..... The agreement was never off the table or renegotiated. In fact former President Trump even aluded to this fact in a statement on June 26, 2021. During the middle of the final withdrawal.

June 26, 2021 — At a rally in Ohio, his first since leaving office, Trump boasts that Biden can’t stop the process he started to remove troops from Afghanistan, and acknowledges the Afghan government won’t last once U.S. troops leave.

“I started the process,” Trump says. “All the troops are coming back home. They [the Biden administration] couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. They couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process when other things… It’s a shame. 21 years, by a government that wouldn’t last. The only way they last is if we’re there. What are we going to say? We’ll stay for another 21 years, then we’ll stay for another 50. The whole thing is ridiculous. … We’re bringing troops back home from Afghanistan.”

So yeah, even Trump through the summer of 2021 was still boasting about his deal with the Taliban, and how Biden couldn't stop it. He wanted all the credit, but then .... not surprisingly wanted to quickly erase that history 6 weeks later after Americans lost their shit because we were not given a hero's send-off in August.

Also, just a reminder that by January 15, 2021 we only had 2,500 remaining troops left in Afghanistan. That wasn't going to be enough to do much of anything from a strategic perspective. So if the US wanted strategic goals accomplished (eg retaining bases, withdrawing equipment, etc) it should have done that prior to this point)

Jan. 15, 2021 — “Today, U.S. force levels in Afghanistan have reached 2,500,” Miller, the acting defense secretary, says in a statement. “[T]his drawdown brings U.S. forces in the country to their lowest levels since 2001.”

After January 15th, 2021, the US at that point was extremely reliant on the 300,000 Aghan security force -- which rolled over in the early summer of 2021. It's that last fact that made the withdrawal chaotic. But the US was too far committed to the withdrawal at that point. Americans (including the Biden administration) were never going to support a troop level increase in 2021.

The only way out was to see the withdrawal through to the end.
Don't let facts get in the way of your rationalization. Biden had plenty of time to get the troops & equipment out of Afghanistan in an orderly fashion. He was sworn in on Jan 20th. We left Afghanistan on Aug 30th. Why so late? Why such a chaotic departure?

As much as you desperately want to blame this travesty on Trump, it just won't fly. It wasn't the fact that we were departing that was the problem. It was the chaotic, disorganized manner in which we departed that was the problem. Trump had NOTHING to do with that chaos, no matter how you spin it.

A couple Generals and the SecDef should have offered their resignations after that FusterCluck, but no one was held accountable and you're blaming it on Trump and the American Citizens. Amazing... :rolleyes:

Lol dude please. You were fully bought into it.
Why I continue entertaining your flaming idiocy is beyond me but anyway, as evidenced by my posts on the subject, if you’d like to go pull them, I said I thought the whole thing was so random and whacky there had to be some truth to it. It proved to be untrue and I acknowledged that. But continue with your stupid shit

Madness, you tried to claim the Jan. 6 coup was a peaceful protest. Let’s not act like you have any real credibility for political discussions.
I said it wasn't an insurrection, since it's really hard for a group of unarmed people to overthrow a government. A lot fewer people died in the Jan 6th protest, than in the Peaceful protests in Minneapolis & Seattle.

What? Dude posted in KHC about how Google is trying to keep him from watching Dan Bongino. He regularly posts about how immigrants are pouring over our borders to spread COVID-19. This isn't new.
Yeah, the millions of immigrants that have poured over the border over the last year are an optical illusion and the fact that about 15% of them were Covid positive just doesn't matter. Meanwhile we're getting government mandates for vaccinations and young kids are being forced to wear masks in school. You can't even recognize the irony in that... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
The continued use of smarty pants language like Oligarchs and "False Flag attacks" is just so very soft. The US softness will get our butts kicked in this current ADMIN. Russia's hobby and activity is Chess. They are schooling us with recognizing two ethnic areas of Ukraine Independent and moving peace keeping forces in to protect them. That was a brilliant move on their part. Any type of attacks on them illustrate other countries as the aggressors. Hey Biden, don't forget the payments Ukraine made. I'm sure Russia can further expose that.
Add in a poor VP that is unprepared & Check Mate!
Isn't that what Trump said?

I said it wasn't an insurrection, since it's really hard for a group of unarmed people to overthrow a government. A lot fewer people died in the Jan 6th protest, than in the Peaceful protests in Minneapolis & Seattle.
Again, no credibility. They were armed and attacked police officers on the scene. Gallows were set up outside with plans to kill a politician. You are talking out of your ass, as always.

Reactions: indy35
You won’t get one. You’ll just get the standard Biden is weak and that Trump would have never allowed this. Straight up lifted from Fox, etc.
I know you're incapable of thought without your direct feed from CNN, but you don't need any input from Fox to recognize the difference between Biden & Trump.

If they were dogs, Trump would be a Pitbull, who is friendly, when you're friendly with him, but if you cross him, he could gnaw your arm off.

Biden's like a Chihuahua. He's yapping all over the place, but when you move toward him, he hides behind the furniture.

Whether you like either one of them or not, there is NO question, which one is a stronger leader or individual.

I know you're incapable of thought without your direct feed from CNN, but you don't need any input from Fox to recognize the difference between Biden & Trump.

If they were dogs, Trump would be a Pitbull, who is friendly, when you're friendly with him, but if you cross him, he could gnaw your arm off.

Biden's like a Chihuahua. He's yapping all over the place, but when you move toward him, he hides behind the furniture.

Whether you like either one of them or not, there is NO question, which one is a stronger leader or individual.
Struck a nerve, eh Gramps?

Struck a nerve, eh Gramps?
You are perfect for the audience we’re trying to get back at CNN. You’ve been on the attack of Republicans since before 8:00 AM. We love your type. Unstable, erratic, always defending the Democrat Party, always attacking the Republican Party and never showing weakness or discussing Democrat weaknesses. CNN+ is a platform we’d love you to sign up for.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
No President is putting American troops in Ukraine. That's the whole reason that NATO exists and Ukraine isn't in it.
Ukraine tried to apply to get into NATO. NATO is like a toothless poodle - a lot of yapping and rhetorical flourish no actual action or guts.

If Putin would have invaded regardless of our president, why did you mention Biden? You implied Biden is reason Putin invaded, which is bullshit right wing propaganda. Not surprising that you are full of shit
Exactly this. It is a complete coincidence that the world is unstable and we lost Afghanistan and Ukraine in a short seven months. This is all Fox News fault. Anybody who doesn’t agree with us must be destroyed and shamed. Please subscribe to CNN+.

Again, no credibility. They were armed and attacked police officers on the scene. Gallows were set up outside with plans to kill a politician. You are talking out of your ass, as always.
How many people were charged with insurrection or attempted murder?
How many people had guns among the protestors?

The answer to both questions is NONE.

One person got shot and killed and it was an unarmed woman, shot by a cop.
The vast majority of the people in that group, who got any charges were charged with trespassing.

Granted, in a group that large, you'll usually find a couple thugs, but there weren't many, despite your repeated efforts to spin this into something that it's not.

It’s not a good look for the United Nations.
Well Russia currently sits at the head of the UNSC, and China is a permanent member. Not sure how it's not a good look for anyone but Russia (and maybe China). UN has nothing to do with it. The UN itself has condemned the invasion.

Now, I think Russia should lose it's spot on the Security Council, but I'm not even sure that's possible.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
When looking at this thread, I have to laugh. When thinking about people with a Purdue degree, I often think they must be intelligent. Boy was I wrong. Many of you are quite ignorant. Without hurting any of the snowflakes feelings, you know who I’m talking about.

Whether you are a republican or democrat, you can’t look at anything that has happened during the past 12 months as positive. NOTHING! Biden is an epic failure. During his entire career, he has been a failure but you voted with your hatred for trump because he hurt your fragile feelings with mean tweets. Even Gates has said that Biden has been wrong on every foreign policy decision the past forty years.

Biden is systematically destroying the fabric of America. He cares more about Ukraine’s borders than our own. Biden (and his entire family) is Putin’s bitch. Biden has destroyed our borders, our freedoms, our energy independence, our strength as a nation, our resolve, our democracy, our law and order. He is weak and pathetic. If you disagree with any of this, you too are weak, pathetic, and a dipshit.

That would be eye-opening if true. A quick google search turned up nothing. Do you remember the source of the comment or have a link? Just interested in having abundant information as we digest this current event. Thank you.
It was a couple of weeks ago, during the Olympics, but I think it was a one-off. It was surprising to read. I poked around for a minute to see if I could find the exact statement, but lost interest.

How many people were charged with insurrection or attempted murder?
How many people had guns among the protestors?

The answer to both questions is NONE.

One person got shot and killed and it was an unarmed woman, shot by a cop.
The vast majority of the people in that group, who got any charges were charged with trespassing.

Granted, in a group that large, you'll usually find a couple thugs, but there weren't many, despite your repeated efforts to spin this into something that it's not.
More than 100 members of law enforcement injured.
Journalists attacked. (Attacks on media, Trump assertions of press being liars and enemy of the people are right out of the dictator playbook.)
Windows and doors smashed.
Politicians sent into hiding.
Ashli Babbitt, a traitor who breached a government building with intent to overthrow the government, was killed. She committed high treason. She deserved what she got.
Source: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/january-6-capitol-riot

Now, let's see a rebuttal not from Breitbart or Fox News. Guarantee Madness can't deliver.

When looking at this thread, I have to laugh. When thinking about people with a Purdue degree, I often think they must be intelligent. Boy was I wrong. Many of you are quite ignorant. Without hurting any of the snowflakes feelings, you know who I’m talking about.

Whether you are a republican or democrat, you can’t look at anything that has happened during the past 12 months as positive. NOTHING! Biden is an epic failure. During his entire career, he has been a failure but you voted with your hatred for trump because he hurt your fragile feelings with mean tweets. Even Gates has said that Biden has been wrong on every foreign policy decision the past forty years.

Biden is systematically destroying the fabric of America. He cares more about Ukraine’s borders than our own. Biden (and his entire family) is Putin’s bitch. Biden has destroyed our borders, our freedoms, our energy independence, our strength as a nation, our resolve, our democracy, our law and order. He is weak and pathetic. If you disagree with any of this, you too are weak, pathetic, and a dipshit.
"Haha, you liberals with Purdue degrees are idiots! Now, here's my completely biased view in the other direction that I'm going to declare to be fact."

Keep this up. We need to blame all of our country’s problems on Republicans. Everything this administration has touched is failing but we need to keep shaming Republicans for watching Fox News. Our failures are their fault. Don’t let up.
You've seen the light, outside of false declarations that Biden is "failing". He's a 100000% improvement over the orange idiot.

Journalists attacked. (Attacks on media, Trump assertions of press being liars and enemy of the people are right out of the dictator playbook.)
Ashli Babbitt, a traitor who breached a government building with intent to overthrow the government, was killed. She committed high treason. She deserved what she got.

Now, let's see a rebuttal not from Breitbart or Fox News. Guarantee Madness can't deliver.
Us liars in the media appreciate you keeping us in mind. Keep talking January 6th and Trump. Keep distracting from Biden’s failures.

Us liars in the media appreciate you keeping us in mind. Keep talking January 6th and Trump. Keep distracting from Biden’s failures.
Name one Biden "failure". Can't wait for this. You'll try to say the Afghanistan situation, but he ended that war, which Republicans started decades ago.

Friendly reminder that Donald Trump and Republicans are openly supporting Russia. Trump thinks Putin is savvy and super smart for attacking free people. If you support 45, you are a disgrace to our country.
Way to regurgitate talking points. He did not say he was savvy and super smart for attacking a free people and nowhere did he ever say he supported it. He was asked for his opinion on how Putin’s tactics which he stated IIRC were “genius” which is probably a correct assessment.

He spent years hooking the Western Europeans on his energy ad they shut down their own production and “going green” and now a country with a shit economy and fading into irrelevance is on the brink of Re-establishing the Soviet Empire w/o much response from the west because he controls their energy.

A follow up question I would like is what Trump thinks of the long term and based upon his dislike for foreign entanglements he and the members of his administration would say this will be damaging for Russia.

And before you spout off you might want to read Obama’s comment re: this situation during his 2016 interview with The Atlantic.

An unarmed woman was gonna overthrow the entire government...you guys are dumber than Ashli.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Just 18 months ago the US was energy independent and exporting excess oil and gas. Buying < 100K barrels from Russia and about to go to ZERO when contracts expired with no renewal planned by the Trump administration. Fast Forward: US sitting on 250 years of KNOWN gas reserves and 200 years worth of KNOWN oil reserves and everyone paying out the nose at the pump and utilities....what incompetence!!!
Because we're a socialist country and the government controls how much oil is produced.

I work for CNN. You’re following the company line to perfection. Blame Republicans for everything and avoid recognizing Democrat failures. You’re the perfect sheep.
Just lost a lot of faith in CNN knowing the type of person they employ.

"Haha, you liberals with Purdue degrees are idiots! Now, here's my completely biased view in the other direction that I'm going to declare to be fact."
Yes, you are correct, I think you are a complete moron. My view really is common sense, something that alludes you. There are facts to back up everyone of my views.

Reactions: jrcrist
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT