ADVERTISEMENT

With the 13th pick of the 2021 NBA Draft

I agree. What you wrote is a very common scenario in single mother households. It's a form of control by the mother. Often not done maliciously or intentionally by her. It just happens.

In general, boys of single mothers who are controlling like that, if they ever want to be their own man, will likely need to break away from her as a individual choice by him ... but's it's usually only done in a rock bottom moment (because they do not realize the unhealthiness of the situation, or how it has affected him, until they get to a bad, bad place ... they fully believe they are on the right path ... and why wouldn't he? he loves his mother and his mother loves him). Separating can be one of the hardest things to do since the mother is his often the only support network. It would probably do boys of single mothers well to reconnect with their father, where ever he is, and to forgive his mother from turning him away from his father. It's very tough to overcome the anger and hate that develops in children in single parent homes (from the void felt by their absence), but it is possible. Then, the boy can turn into the man they were meant to be and can be.

I wish them well and hope it turns out for the best. Hope all boys who didn't have their fathers around growing up are able to forgive and overcome.
You’re assuming a lot in this post. You do realize the mother may have had nothing to do with whether or not the father was involved in nojels life, right? Plenty of dead beat fathers who want nothing to do with their children and choose to not be a part of their life. Very good possibility that even if nojel wanted to get in contact with his father, he wouldn’t even be able to get ahold of him.

You’re assuming a lot in this post. You do realize the mother may have had nothing to do with whether or not the father was involved in nojels life, right? Plenty of dead beat fathers who want nothing to do with their children and choose to not be a part of their life. Very good possibility that even if nojel wanted to get in contact with his father, he wouldn’t even be able to get ahold of him.
I suspect I know why Mr. Eastern isn’t around. I can’t confirm it though- so I won’t l.

It actually does make sense. He was in a major at Purdue that is not offered at UM. As such, his course credits weren't applicable (and didn’t transfer) to the major he was looking to switch to at UM. They didn’t do their due diligence when looking into a transfer, and we saw how that turned out for them.
Yes that's true but that's not a reason for not getting into Michigan. Don't think his grades were there....instead he used that excuse.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Yes that's true but that's not a reason for not getting into Michigan. Don't think his grades were there....instead he used that excuse.
He was going to be on an athletic scholarship, and he obviously had good enough grades at Purdue to never be on the verge of being academically ineligible. He would have had no issues getting into Michigan. The problem was, he would essentially be a Freshman credit-wise and a Senior eligibility wise. That didn’t match up, so he ended up elsewhere.

He was going to be on an athletic scholarship, and he obviously had good enough grades at Purdue to never be on the verge of being academically ineligible. He would have had no issues getting into Michigan. The problem was, he would essentially be a Freshman credit-wise and a Senior eligibility wise. That didn’t match up, so he ended up elsewhere.
I have to assume UM coaches didn't think highly enough of him to fight to get him. If he was academically eligible, he should have been admitted.

Any idea why he didn't play at Howard?

Illini fan here. I too thought Ayo would go in the 1st round but quite happy the Bulls were able to draft him (he gets to stay home ). The only thing I can think of as to why he dropped into the 2nd round is he does sorta have an unorthodox shot (at times at least) and he played like absolute shit in the embarrassing loss to Loyola-Chicago in the Big Dance (I think he had like 5 or 6 turnovers in that loss smh)
Anyways I am rooting for Ayo big time and I am confident that he's going to make the most of this since he's such a hard worker.
Look no further: "I too thought Ayo ..."

Bingo, "... 5 or 6 turnovers ..."

I am only posting here so those that have him on ignore do not see his post
" I'm only posting here, because my meds aren't working right today, & I'm tired of calling myself on the phone, then dialing *69."

Sincerely

IUhaterade/gd4now/good4nothin/onesickpuppy/ect.., ect...

:)

I am only posting here so those that have him on ignore do not see his post
You know, if you put him on ignore, you get just one hit of pleasure. I don’t have him on ignore, I ignore each and every post. That gives me a hit with each post. He has self esteem problems and attempts to make every thread about himself. Just ignore his posts and he will eventually move on to infecting some other board.

You know, if you put him on ignore, you get just one hit of pleasure. I don’t have him on ignore, I ignore each and every post. That gives me a hit with each post. He has self esteem problems and attempts to make every thread about himself. Just ignore his posts and he will eventually move on to infecting some other board.

Say hello to Randy 'Boogieman' Jenkins. Your meds must have worn off early again today.

:) Drink more water with them today, & throw the Dark Eyes away.

:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT