ADVERTISEMENT

With the 13th pick of the 2021 NBA Draft

The Indiana Pacers select- Nojel Eastern- formerly of Purdue University.

What would be your reaction?

Side Note: his Wikipedia page is pretty sad.
Cannot be any worse than what the Celtics did with their 14th pick in the 2019 Draft.

With the 14th pick in the 2019 Draft, the Boston Celtics select Romeo Langford of Indiana University......

No ill will towards Nojel. Hopefully he can find a spot on a roster overseas, make some money and then get into coaching or something back in the US.
Unfortunately, playing in the NBA isn't in his future.

No ill will towards Nojel. Hopefully he can find a spot on a roster overseas, make some money and then get into coaching or something back in the US.
Unfortunately, playing in the NBA isn't in his future.
After his showing or complete not showing at the Tampa Bay Pro Combine against what would be overseas players. I doubt that is even likely.

I've looked at his Agencies page and no mention of Nojel even getting a workout with a NBA club. It's sad what his mother did to him, I'd say his basketball career is over already and zero fall back plan.

He seems to have gone social media silent after Tampa, so I think he knows it's over.

That interview is so sad.

At the time of its recording, Nojel had apparently received enough bad advice and false hope so as to become delusional. He was thinking he was going to be a top-20 NBA draft choice.

One could go on and on critiquing his answers and his mindset, but it's all just sad and I hate to see it for someone who contributed to a lot of success for our Boilers.

At the time of its recording, Nojel had apparently received enough bad advice and false hope so as to become delusional. He was thinking he was going to be a top-20 NBA draft choice.

One could go on and on critiquing his answers and his mindset, but it's all just sad and I hate to see it for someone who contributed to a lot of success for our Boilers.

His mother’s twitter header reads “To Be Young Gifted and Black #Top20 NBA Bound”

His mom is not his agent is she. I am kind of joking with that question, but in a way I am not.

That is the problem with so many athletes today. The parents think that their kid is the next Jordan, James, Brady, Rice, etc. That is why you are seeing parents fighting in the stands, doing stuff to refs, etc.

I am sorry it is just a game in the end. Some people have lost sight of that. If you don't win a game, the sun will come up tomorrow. If the sun does not come up tomorrow, then the last thing we all have to worry about is a game's outcome then.

I agree that there is no reason to continue this. Fans have much more positive things to think about and look forword to.
Don't think this thread is as much about Nojel as it is about his delusional mother. It's really to bad and a study in how staking one's future livelihood to your child's success usually ends poorly both.

I agree that there is no reason to continue this. Fans have much more positive things to think about and look forword to.
Nope I came back even though I said I wouldn’t. You guys (presumably adults) took time out of your day to piss on a former boiler just cause you could. We all saw what was unfolding when Treed first came on the scene, how could you then turn around and kick this kid when he’s at probably the lowest point in his life.

Reactions: AAE09
Nope I came back even though I said I wouldn’t. You guys (presumably adults) took time out of your day to piss on a former boiler just cause you could. We all saw what was unfolding when Treed first came on the scene, how could you then turn around and kick this kid when he’s at probably the lowest point in his life.
Honestly, you would think he would eventually figure it out and come to the conclusion his mom's evaluation is biased.

And part of people's reaction is because people tried to give his Mother advice, she wouldn't take any of it as she knew better than everyone else. No one wants to see him fail, but everyone saw it coming.

His mother’s twitter header reads “To Be Young Gifted and Black #Top20 NBA Bound”
With every one of her comments, I am reminded of how much I defended her and Nojel and how wrong that was to do. Well sorta, Nojel I still think could of done well had he listened to the coaches and still stand by that, but her? Not so much. And she is the biggest cause for his downfall.

If that ever dawns on him, it is likely to ruin their relationship beyond repair.

Honestly, you would think he would eventually figure it out and come to the conclusion his mom's evaluation is biased.

And part of people's reaction is because people tried to give his Mother advice, she wouldn't take any of it as she knew better than everyone else. No one wants to see him fail, but everyone saw it coming.
I don't see Nojel as a failure at all. He still has his whole life ahead of him and he wasn't going to go to the NBA in the first place. He can always go back to school and finish off his last year to get a degree or do whatever he wants. Like most D1 athletes, he appears to be a hard worker and that translates into many careers. He just needs to think about what he wants to do and make decisions for himself moving forward, and that doesn't mean he can't love his mother at the same time.

So he missed his senior year of college bball at Purdue...probably ended up being better for all those involved anyway. No hard feelings at all for Nojel. Wish him the best and hope he points himself in the right direction, whatever that is.

I don't see Nojel as a failure at all. He still has his whole life ahead of him and he wasn't going to go to the NBA in the first place. He can always go back to school and finish off his last year to get a degree or do whatever he wants. Like most D1 athletes, he appears to be a hard worker and that translates into many careers. He just needs to think about what he wants to do and make decisions for himself moving forward, and that doesn't mean he can't love his mother at the same time.

So he missed his senior year of college bball at Purdue...probably ended up being better for all those involved anyway. No hard feelings at all for Nojel. Wish him the best and hope he points himself in the right direction, whatever that is.
I liked Nojel too and I thought he was doing a good job developing his driving left and right baby hooks. as they are hard to defend. But he himself was a good defender and a decent rebounder.

Now what may be shocking to many here is that I enjoyed his mother's posts. I appreciated her inside knowledge.

I do not know the reason he turned his back on Matt and maybe that had to do with his mother. But such is life and I wish him the best.

I liked Nojel too and I thought he was doing a good job developing his driving left and right baby hooks. as they are hard to defend. But he himself was a good defender and a decent rebounder.

Now what may be shocking to many here is that I enjoyed his mother's posts. I appreciated her inside knowledge.

I do not know the reason he turned his back on Matt and maybe that had to do with his mother. But such is life and I wish him the best.
I’m just sad for him that he threw away a $40K scholarship.

I have been disappointed many times with kids not developing into what I thought they would, but Nojel has to take the top spot. He did have everything you would want in a basketball player. He was a nervous wreck out there and it stopped his development. It was all metal. Have seen it before with my own kids. When the thought process gets screwed up. End game.

He was a nervous wreck out there and it stopped his development. It was all metal. Have seen it before with my own kids.
Respectfully disagree. First, I wasn't aware that Nojel listened to metal at the time, but after various studies have shown that people who listen to metal generally are happier and more focused. There is also one study out there that concluded people who listen to metal are more likely to have sex in vehicles compared to non-metal listeners...not sure if that is relevant here.

Respectfully disagree. First, I wasn't aware that Nojel listened to metal at the time, but after various studies have shown that people who listen to metal generally are happier and more focused. There is also one study out there that concluded people who listen to metal are more likely to have sex in vehicles compared to non-metal listeners...not sure if that is relevant here.
Strange enough, if you replace all metal to mental, this makes a perfect sense..

TIC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT