ADVERTISEMENT

Wish Matchups

Mar 13, 2008
Louisville, KY
given we’re on the brink of the season, picking 3 teams you like meet or do a home and home with in the future.
I’d like to see UCLA with Alford, along with the Wooden connection
Georgia, just to get Crean in Mackey one more time
Oregon, given their recent success and the recruiting battles we’ve had.

given we’re on the brink of the season, picking 3 teams you like meet or do a home and home with in the future.

Louisville, Xavier, and UCLA or Oregon.

I think Purdue should play Butler every year. Ditch the crossroads classic. Purdue has been battling Xavier quite a bit in recruiting and would be nice to establish dominance. Louisville will likely surge back into relivance and Purdue will be battling them for recruits again soon enough. UCLA has been getting Indiana kids so maybe it isn’t great to have them come back every other year as a recruiting tool. Oregon is interesting because they are usually very athletic and a good team. I would take any opportunity to beat them. Plus, I think they be cheating (the FBI investigation shows that is a valid thought too). Kick them while they are down is fine by me.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Tulsa. Then I could see my Boilers in less than an 11 hour drive occasionally.

I also think we should play Syracuse every year until we are comfortable scheming an offense against a well run press.

Last edited:
1. W. Virginia as long as Huggins is there - play them early, impress our team with the importance of protecting the ball. - Actually Virginia would be OK too .. but not as good.
2. Texas A&M - they seem to always have great athletes - we need to play them
3. Kansas - Let's find out how good we really are ... and play in PHOG ALLEN fieldhouse!

Last edited:

1. Gonzaga - Try to get them early. After they go 18-0 in their conference it is a great resume win.

2. UCLA - Would be nice to beat Alford in Mackey again.

3. Xavier - Always a good program. This one seems realistic.

Kansas
UCLA
Kentucky

I want to play the best. If nothing else, it makes for exciting atmosphere, may draw some eyes that don't usually watch Purdue. I purposely excluded the ACC from this list, as hopefully some day we'll play UNC as part of B10/ACC Challenge.

Reactions: anon_y5n942o85fk69
1. Virginia as long as Huggins is there - play them early, impress our team with the importance of protecting the ball.
2. Texas A&M - they seem to always have great athletes - we need to play them
3. Kansas - Let's find out how good we really are ... and play in PHOG ALLEN fieldhouse!
Of course you meant West Virginia - I agree that, like Syracuse, WV represents a difficult defensive matchup. I would put Virginia in a similar category because of their offensive style plus I think their coach is similar to Painter in his recruiting philosophy.

Louisville, Xavier, and UCLA or Oregon.

I think Purdue should play Butler every year. Ditch the crossroads classic. Purdue has been battling Xavier quite a bit in recruiting and would be nice to establish dominance. Louisville will likely surge back into relivance and Purdue will be battling them for recruits again soon enough. UCLA has been getting Indiana kids so maybe it isn’t great to have them come back every other year as a recruiting tool. Oregon is interesting because they are usually very athletic and a good team. I would take any opportunity to beat them. Plus, I think they be cheating (the FBI investigation shows that is a valid thought too). Kick them while they are down is fine by me.

Oregon isn't the only team on your list that is/has been cheating.

1. Gonzaga - Try to get them early. After they go 18-0 in their conference it is a great resume win.

2. UCLA - Would be nice to beat Alford in Mackey again.

3. Xavier - Always a good program. This one seems realistic.
UCLA.
Kentucky
Tennessee

I feel like we should've received a tougher matchup with a better team in the B1G/ACC Challenge. Would have been nice to face one of the big dogs as opposed to FSU (who I expect to be a pretty good team regardless).

Kentucky, I still hold a grudge against them for taking Kyle Macy.
Kansas, we need some revenge for that a%$ kicking that they handed us .
IU , I enjoy beating them as many times as possible. There isn't a better feeling in the world than beating those SOBs!!!
Duke my least favorite ACC team.

Any of

Xavier
Wichita State
West Virginia
Texas Tech
NC State
Cinci
Tennessee

Any of

Xavier
Wichita State
West Virginia
Texas Tech
NC State
Cinci
Tennessee
Let me chime in this Duke, Kentucky and Kansas. They suppose to be the best with NBA talent those are my 3 great thing is Purdue actually have athletes to compete with them with skilled players. Athleticism is not enough to get you to the league these days that’s what those 3 teams have. Luke the 6”7 guard at Dallas was picked 3 traded to Dallas for 5th pick is super skilled why he was picked in top 10 but he’s not athletic and super slow but has high b-ball IQ and a skilled player but hamaduo diallo who was super athletic not skilled played at Kentucky was picked mid 40s. I say all this to say college game is different than NBA game and often times your talents may not show at the college level than at the nba level casing point Donavan Mitchell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT