ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin v. Purdue Game Thread

If you can’t see that the lack of guard play is also a huge problem, then I don’t know what to tell you.
Are you watching this game? We can’t stop guys inside. We can’t box out. We aren’t getting offensive rebounds. That’s not guard play. Nobody was boxing out. I accept that Ivey is part of this issue.

Reactions: drewjin and BBG
The great start and high ranking is all smoke and mirrors. This team cannot defend, refuses to rebound, and has undersized guards who cannot take care of the basketball.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
We still suck. What else is new? Home teams aren't supposed to lose at home. Even Rutgers wins at home.

Anyone who thought we were going passed Sweet 16, here's your answer.
Agree if they keep playing like this. Disagree if they play like the beginning of season

Are you watching this game? We can’t stop guys inside. We can’t box out. We aren’t getting offensive rebounds. That’s not guard play. Nobody was boxing out. I accept that Ivey is part of this issue.
I don’t disagree. Those things are also problematic. But, the larger issue is that Purdue has to play guys like Thompson and Hunter big minutes, who are incapable of creating for themselves or others. They will be the reason why Purdue exits early from the tourney.
Purdue is a good team, but they’re overrated and fatally flawed.

Reactions: drewjin
First half yep. We had four points or something like that. And to not miss easy baskets.

That was the difference in the game. It's supposed to be one of our strongest pints and UW did better than we did until they filled out.
IMHO, the biggest issue is our guards can't guard anyone...

Reactions: Jbigler1986
We can have multiple issues in a game. Guard play haunts us every game.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
They’ve been talking about Wisconsin’s foul trouble all night long, but the physical play totally took Purdue off it’s game. Gard is a really good coach.

Reactions: tjreese
Keep recruiting 7 footers so we can play an out dated style of inefficient and turnover prone bball against good teams

Shot doesnt work vs good teams. Iveys defense is atrocious off ball and has been all year.

Dispicable loss. Cant ****ing velieve I YET AGAIN let a purdue sports team get me hyped and tricked again. Unreal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT