ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commit 9?

no, it's not "regardless".

It was the team of a generation ... exactly as I wrote.

This year's IU team will better, but then so will Purdue's team.

Objectivity.

IU will win their second straight bucket game.

Subjectivity.

Objectivity.

Subjectivity.

Purdue will contend for the west.

IU will have another cupcake schedule, and the fans will think they're better than they are.

Objectivity.

Purdue will destroy IU in the bucket game, and continue to run up their dominant record in the series.

Subjectivity.

;)

Reactions: indy35

Objectivity.

Subjectivity.
I don't really think you can say IU has a better team than Purdue. And the opposite is true also.

Reactions: IUHDog
I think it will be a good game. IU's defense is going to be much improved. Purdue's offense is going to be scary good.

I think it will be a good game. IU's defense is going to be much improved. Purdue's offense is going to be scary good.

IU gives up 41 points to a walk on QB and a bunch of freshman skilled position players and you think their Defense will be scary good?

Face it, Allen’s rep as a Defensive guru was built on beating up cupcake teams then losing to Big Ten teams than run the ball to kill the clock late and don’t put up the yardage they can.

Any time IU played a team with a pulse they gave up 51, 40, 28, 31, 34, 39 and 41 points

Losing your OC is going to kill IU because the defense isn’t great or good.

Reactions: indy35

Could be.

Purdue's defense will be massively improved, the offensive line will be much better, and the skill positions will be better. A combination that permitted IU's "team of a generation" to squeak out a 2OT win. That portends an outcome for the worst program in the history of CFB...

Could be.

Purdue's defense will be massively improved, the offensive line will be much better, and the skill positions will be better. A combination that permitted IU's "team of a generation" to squeak out a 2OT win. That portends an outcome for the worst program in the history of CFB...

At least you are consistent.

Do you believe Purdue will really contend for the West?
I would put them 3-4 in the West.
Wisconsin & Minnesota, then Iowa.
Then the next group of Purdue/Nebraska.
Overall I see 6-7 regular season wins.
Let me pose this question? How good is minny? 7-8 wins? How likely is it Purdue beats Iowa? 75%?

Let me pose this question? How good is minny? 7-8 wins? How likely is it Purdue beats Iowa? 75%?

Minnesota will be (talent wise) better than last year. Can they replicate the success is the question. I think they are more close to 9 wins than 7.
I see Iowa & Purdue as somewhat equals. Iowa always has a season every other year or so that is really good.
The biggest game is Nebraska week 1. Lose that game & Purdue is in a deep hole.

Minnesota will be (talent wise) better than last year. Can they replicate the success is the question. I think they are more close to 9 wins than 7.
I see Iowa & Purdue as somewhat equals. Iowa always has a season every other year or so that is really good.
How is minny better talent wise? They lost their defense and best WR. They still have Bateman, but that's it.

How is minny better talent wise? They lost their defense and best WR. They still have Bateman, but that's it.

I can’t stand Fleck, but he has brought in some talent & is known as a developer.
Just talking with various people, the feeling is that as long as Fleck stays there they will surpass Wisconsin as the West front runner.

I can’t stand Fleck, but he has brought in some talent & is known as a developer.
Just talking with various people, the feeling is that as long as Fleck stays there they will surpass Wisconsin as the West front runner.
And Brohm hasn't? If you look solely at recruiting rankings, Brohm is out recruiting him, but started with less. I don't see any reason to believe Fleck is going to surpass Wisconsin, but Brohm can't.

Do you believe Purdue will really contend for the West?
I would put them 3-4 in the West.
Wisconsin & Minnesota, then Iowa.
Then the next group of Purdue/Nebraska.
Overall I see 6-7 regular season wins.

Of course I believe Purdue could contend for the west. That's what I wrote.

There were too many things that went wrong last year (perfect storm), still finishing 3-6. In 2019, a close loss at Iowa, a close loss vs Minny, and, of course, the gift to IU.
All that with the substantial losses (4th string walk on QB, loss of NFL players, etc.).

Anyone sleeping on this team is simply not paying attention.

Of course I believe Purdue could contend for the west. That's what I wrote.

There were too many things that went wrong last year (perfect storm), still finishing 3-6. In 2019, a close loss at Iowa, a close loss vs Minny, and, of course, the gift to IU.
All that with the substantial losses (4th string walk on QB, loss of NFL players, etc.).

Anyone sleeping on this team is simply not paying attention.
I don't think they contend this year yet. 7-8 wins. But they basically have two more seasons with the team that finished the year last year and continue to bring in the talent to follow them and raise the floor.

And Brohm hasn't? If you look solely at recruiting rankings, Brohm is out recruiting him, but started with less. I don't see any reason to believe Fleck is going to surpass Wisconsin, but Brohm can't.

Results.

Fleck did it within a couple years at W. Michigan, & then in a couple years at Minnesota.
Moore is the talent Purdue hasn’t had in a long time & wont after this year. Purdue went 6-7 his AA year. Then he gets hurt & Purdue goes 4-8. Even if Purdue wins 8 games this year they will be below .500 in his career.

I keep seeing talk of recruiting & Brohm, and expectations, but going below .500 isn’t progress & isn’t results.
Have to start winning. Period.

Results.

Fleck did it within a couple years at W. Michigan, & then in a couple years at Minnesota.
Moore is the talent Purdue hasn’t had in a long time & wont after this year. Purdue went 6-7 his AA year. Then he gets hurt & Purdue goes 4-8. Even if Purdue wins 8 games this year they will be below .500 in his career.

I keep seeing talk of recruiting & Brohm, and expectations, but going below .500 isn’t progress & isn’t results.
Who started out with a better team/base? Brohm at Purdue or Fleck at minny? It's hard to win in the big ten when you are playing all freshman. You don't think purdue would have won more if they didn't lose their 1st and 2nd string?

much of the entire west will be better. Including Purdue.

Purdue beat Nebraska last year. That's not the biggest game, unless we're going to pull out the "every week is the biggest game" mantra.

I don't think they contend this year yet. 7-8 wins. But they basically have two more seasons with the team that finished the year last year and continue to bring in the talent to follow them and raise the floor.

8 wins could absolutely put them in contention in the west.

In '19, Iowa was 6-3, one game out. Clearly, they contended for the B1G west... :cool:

Results.

Dont sleep on Yaseen. He has some Rondale wiggle to him.

Dont sleep on Yaseen. He has some Rondale wiggle to him.
He must have never heard of David Bell either. 3 QB's that threw for 400 yards last year. 2 return. A couple really good RB's. A 1st rounder at DE. A potential top 50 pick at DT. Lots of potential in the secondary. But remember, Purdue only has 1 player.

Results.

Context helps here. Fleck didn’t inherit a dumpster fire like Brohm did.

LMAO, IU is COMPLETELY irrelevant in the world of college football. Wow, they made a bowl game, and then lost it in laughable fashion. And the ONLY reason they made a bowl game is because of an absolutely pathetic OOC schedule. Purdue would have made a bowl game with that schedule last year even with all of the injuries.

454v33.jpg

-D5X3HNuccchhEAHBtDbKZH4lyPwHnhUpm29V7UDkmOgmbKhxRK2gyzd_CAWNvPCdAzvpJw0COQGyj10Ptx6NxWV_X5pyhk5sGl7TjJa0KuKm1jDTqwgTKf6YvNwkfvUPXMo63818IkpXfqKTq1F4c70KgfX

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT