ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commit 9?

Isn’t this 2020? And wasn’t he our next commit? Technically I win!
This has to be a troll right? He signed to be a mid year enrollee last January.

kids committing now are class of 2021. You this dumb or trolling ?

This has to be a troll right? He signed to be a mid year enrollee last January.

kids committing now are class of 2021. You this dumb or trolling ?
but he didn't enroll in mid January. his tweet says he is now an official Boiler and enrolled now. So technically, I'm right and he's the answer to the question of who will be the next commit ! :D:p:D

but he didn't enroll in mid January. his tweet says he is now an official Boiler and enrolled now. So technically, I'm right and he's the answer to the question of who will be the next commit ! :D:p:D

I know you're just having fun with what appears to be a slight feaux pas, but he signed his LOI long ago. A verbal commit generally comes before signing an LOI. Even if he didn't verbally commit, a LOI is the strongest commitment a recruit can make, Bigs. ;)

Does it concern you with Sales that a Purdue OL hasn't been drafted since 2014? He has NFL aspirations.

An O-Lineman that is drafted as a redshirt senior (Kevin Pamphile - Drafted 5th round Pick 9 in 2014) would have been a part of the 2009 recruiting class.

That means Purdue O-Linemen that have been eligible for the draft since 2014 would have been in the 2010-2017 recruiting classes. And that's assuming a guy would leave as a true junior if part of the 2017 class.

Here's a list of the head coaches that recruited those classes:

2010: Danny Hope
2011: Danny Hope
2012:Danny Hope & Darrell Hazell (Transition Year)
2013: Darrell Hazell
2014: Darrell Hazell
2015: Darrell Hazell
2016: Darrell Hazell
2017: Darrell Hazell

I don't think I have to go into much more detail than that to explain how your statement while true, does not apply to Brohm and the new coaching staff

Does it concern you with Sales that a Purdue OL hasn't been drafted since 2014? He has NFL aspirations.

Not really. Hazell was a terrible coach and we’re finally building up legit o-line depth for the first time in probably close to a decade.

Reactions: IUHDog
I'd be more concerned about the long term viability of the 3rd most successful living ex-coach of Ben Davis high school football at the D1 level.

Not really. Hazell was a terrible coach and we’re finally building up legit o-line depth for the first time in probably close to a decade.

True. OL recruiting definitely better lately. But you still sell what you have to sell.

Not directed at me, but I'll answer: not in the slightest.

He knows Purdue has had high-quality OL.

He's a smart kid, and he knows there's an opportunity to play pretty quickly, given the talent level.

Ya'll had 6 OL drafted from 2004 to 2014. Going back any further is pretty meaningless with 18 year old kids.

How long has it been since IU has won a bowl game? I would say anything being pitched to 18 year olds about IU winning anything meaningful would have to be answered as, never...

Reactions: SKYDOG and Purdue85
Ya'll had 6 OL drafted from 2004 to 2014. Going back any further is pretty meaningless with 18 year old kids.

Shouldn’t matter at all. Different coach and time. Being a big ten lineman will be a great opportunity to get recognized since you are going against some of the best talent in college ball. Also solid trajectory with the program with Brohm as HC.

Not directed at me, but I'll answer: not in the slightest.

He knows Purdue has had high-quality OL.

He's a smart kid, and he knows there's an opportunity to play pretty quickly, given the talent level.
He also plays with Terrell, a current verbal. He has a good relationship with our other 2020 OL verbals, which also helps our case with Sales.

Track record? Not being a smart ass, but IU's is better when it comes to OL in the NFL lately.

You're working hard to draw a conclusion that isn't supported.

I'm going to sound like a homer... and go ahead and say it anyway: IU football isn't going to be recognized as having much of any advantage over Purdue. It just doesn't work.

Your program has stabilized, no doubt (helped by a really anemic schedule), but you're not going to have much of an advantage with arguing Allen vs Brohm. That's just not a winner's hand.

You're working hard to draw a conclusion that isn't supported.

I'm going to sound like a homer... and go ahead and say it anyway: IU football isn't going to be recognized as having much of any advantage over Purdue. It just doesn't work.

Your program has stabilized, no doubt (helped by a really anemic schedule), but you're not going to have much of an advantage with arguing Allen vs Brohm. That's just not a winner's hand.

You do realize our schedule was ranked more difficult than Purdue's last year. Not that it matters...✌

You do realize our schedule was ranked more difficult than Purdue's last year. Not that it matters...✌

WTH?

Uhhh... ranked more difficult by whom? IU fans?

Even Sagarin had you 58, Purdue 38.

Your OOC sucked.

And, yes, it does matter. Scheduling a weak-@ss OOC is the only way IU becomes relevant.

WTH?

Uhhh... ranked more difficult by whom? IU fans?

Even Sagarin had you 58, Purdue 38.

Your OOC sucked.

And, yes, it does matter. Scheduling a weak-@ss OOC is the only way IU becomes relevant.

Better to be relevant by any means possible than to be irrelevant but bragging about ones ooc schedule.

Better to be relevant by any means possible than to be irrelevant but bragging about ones ooc schedule.

brother, you were just proven wrong on a prior point.

I never bragged about an OOC schedule, and you know that.

You bragged about your strength of schedule being better than Purdue's ... which was shot down as a lie. Take the "L" and move on.

:cool:

LMAO, IU is COMPLETELY irrelevant in the world of college football. Wow, they made a bowl game, and then lost it in laughable fashion. And the ONLY reason they made a bowl game is because of an absolutely pathetic OOC schedule. Purdue would have made a bowl game with that schedule last year even with all of the injuries.

brother, you were just proven wrong on a prior point.

I never bragged about an OOC schedule, and you know that.

You bragged about your strength of schedule being better than Purdue's ... which was shot down as a lie. Take the "L" and move on.

:cool:

OK. I will take the L just like you did in the OOB game. Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT