ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commit 9?

LMAO, IU is COMPLETELY irrelevant in the world of college football. Wow, they made a bowl game, and then lost it in laughable fashion. And the ONLY reason they made a bowl game is because of an absolutely pathetic OOC schedule. Purdue would have made a bowl game with that schedule last year even with all of the injuries.

Well, Purdue has had a starting offensive lineman playing in a Super Bowl when Sales would have been old enough to watch and understand, has won a bowl game and has beaten both Michigan and Ohio State in that time. Heck, his FATHER probably can't remember the last time iu beat either Michigan or Ohio State.

Well, Purdue has had a starting offensive lineman playing in a Super Bowl when Sales would have been old enough to watch and understand, has won a bowl game and has beaten both Michigan and Ohio State in that time. Heck, his FATHER probably can't remember the last time iu beat either Michigan or Ohio State.

OK. And maybe it's irrelevant, but IU has had four OL drafted in the last five years and Purdue has had none. Just think that may be meaningful to Sales. But, it could mean nothing.

Ya'll had 6 OL drafted from 2004 to 2014. Going back any further is pretty meaningless with 18 year old kids.
Looks like you guys had 3 OL during that same period. What did you prove?
Ya'll had 6 OL drafted from 2004 to 2014. Going back any further is pretty meaningless with 18 year old kids.
Plus we had 29 overall draft picks to 12 during that same period. You're right, going back is meaningless.

Looks like you guys had 3 OL during that same period. What did you prove?

Plus we had 29 overall draft picks to 12 during that same period. You're right, going back is meaningless.

Topic is Sales, the NFL, and recent OL drafted.

I didn't play the "OOB (sic?) game", so there's no L to be taken. Peace.

Hey...be fair...if there’s anyone that knows how to take a loss in the Bucket game...it’s IU fans

Let them bask in the glory of beating a team playing a walk on QB, without its Heisman Candidate WR and two NFL caliber defenders on the bench. Takes a good IU team to beat a team like that in double OT

Hey...be fair...if there’s anyone that knows how to take a loss in the Bucket game...it’s IU fans

Let them bask in the glory of beating a team playing a walk on QB, without its Heisman Candidate WR and two NFL caliber defenders on the bench. Takes a good IU team to beat a team like that in double OT

Last I checked, there are no asterisks ...

Not to prove you wrong AGAIN, but here are some FACTS to prove your opinion is not only flawed but a total IU homer point of view:

IU Drafted Players since 2014: 21
Purdue Drafted Players since 2014: 35

IU Drafted OL Since 2004: 7
Purdue Drafted OL Since 2004: 7

So tell me again why we should be "Worried" about Sale more than IU?

Go back to your IU forum homer

This is the problem with having IU as a primary rival in football. If we beat them 10 years straight, there is minimal glory and their fans are nowhere to be found. Then, on the occasional when the stars align and we are down while they squeak into a bowl game or two (and lose) they come out of the woodwork to crow.

Reactions: ChefPoyardee
This is the problem with having IU as a primary rival in football. If we beat them 10 years straight, there is minimal glory and their fans are nowhere to be found. Then, on the occasional when the stars align and we are down while they squeak into a bowl game or two (and lose) they come out of the woodwork to crow.

you can add men’s basketball to this as it applies the same these days

Simply curious about Sales and "recent" OL success in the draft. Thought it might generate some decent, rationale discussion.

And I have been posting here (on this free and open to anyone forum) on occasion for years.

Reactions: Purdue85
Simply curious about Sales and "recent" OL success in the draft. Thought it might generate some decent, rationale discussion.

And I have been posting here (on this free and open to anyone forum) on occasion for years.

No you didn't. You posted on this thread because you thought the O Line position was one of the few discussions where IU may be better than Purdue.

You then followed it up with false or very questionable arguments that just happened to benefit IU.

I hold my stance

Reactions: Inspector100
Ya. It may come up in recruiting that IU just had an OL team Captain who started for three years transfer , because he didn’t like what was going on and wanted to be developed as an OL.

It may. But I don't think anyone is in the know about what really happened with Cronk. Sure would like to know.

No you didn't. You posted on this thread because you thought the O Line position was one of the few discussions where IU may be better than Purdue.

You then followed it up with false or very questionable arguments that just happened to benefit IU.

I hold my stance

If IU getting four OL drafted in the NFL in the past 5 years compared to none for Purdue means anything to Sales then yes, I'm guilty.

OK. And maybe it's irrelevant, but IU has had four OL drafted in the last five years and Purdue has had none. Just think that may be meaningful to Sales. But, it could mean nothing.

What would your thoughts be if(when) Sales commits to Purdue?

What would your thoughts be if(when) Sales commits to Purdue?

Painful × 3. Think it's pretty even right now however. Richards may make the difference, but if Sales hasn't committed to PU yet, the playing together thing may not be a big deal

you can add men’s basketball to this as it applies the same these days
You can always find their basketball fans at least. They just resort to talking about banners or the next big coach or recruit that's going to bring back the 1980's.

Reactions: nips18
I'll bite. Next commit is the Saftey IU just offered from Louisiana. Grisgby. He will be the next Purdue commit. Why? Because even though iu just won 8 games, Purdue is still more relevant nationally and has a higher ceiling overall. That's why Purdue gonna take 4 4 star recruits + sales from the state of Indiana. The recruits know which program is gonna win bigger.

There’s a thread over on their 247 board giving us grief for all our transfers this year. Funny how they don’t mention that all of our transfers have moved down to much lesser programs and that it’s mainly guys either Hazell recruited or guys Brohm had to find at the last second in his first class. @wakeman2626 what say you?

I think it's pretty safe to say that Purdue and iu are in a similar place. Purdue has the better top end talent, but iu has a more "solid" foundation for lack of better term.

There’s a thread over on their 247 board giving us grief for all our transfers this year. Funny how they don’t mention that all of our transfers have moved down to much lesser programs and that it’s mainly guys either Hazell recruited or guys Brohm had to find at the last second in his first class. @wakeman2626 what say you?
Purdue85 will beat me up if I come here and stir anything up, which is why I posted the opinion on an IU forum rather than the transfer thread on this forum. I understand that most of these guys were not highly recruited. I never said they were.

I said signing 25 guys every year is not a great thing (unless you are putting a ton of JRs into the NFL) as there are only 85 scholarships across four classes, assuming zero 5th years on the roster. Football is a game where depth matters a lot, and FR have a hard time contributing (compared to bball). A team's goal should be to get old and stay old. My two cents.

Purdue85 will beat me up if I come here and stir anything up, which is why I posted the opinion on an IU forum rather than the transfer thread on this forum. I understand that most of these guys were not highly recruited. I never said they were.

I said signing 25 guys every year is not a great thing (unless you are putting a ton of JRs into the NFL) as there are only 85 scholarships across four classes, assuming zero 5th years on the roster. Football is a game where depth matters a lot, and FR have a hard time contributing (compared to bball). A team's goal should be to get old and stay old. My two cents.

I think that’s fair. But unlike Allen, Brohm didn’t inherit anything resembling a reasonable roster from a depth chart/talent perspective. His first class in 2017 was cobbled together at the last second and he’s only truly had 2 recruiting classes that he legit recruited that have even played. This year will be his 3rd class. If we’re still seeing this many transfers 2 or 3 years from now that’s a different story IMO.

LOL! You're d@mn straight, I will!

Neither you nor I (nor anyone else) know what's going on behind the scenes. I give most coaches a lot of latitude to build out their roster. Brohm was taking over a decimated team. He signed a lot of players, took a lot of chances on a lot of players. No doubt, he and they fully understand the reality of today's roster/talent situation.

Reactions: wakeman2626
I think that’s fair. But unlike Allen, Brohm didn’t inherit anything resembling a reasonable roster from a depth chart/talent perspective. His first class in 2017 was cobbled together at the last second and he’s only truly had 2 recruiting classes that he legit recruited that have even played. This year will be his 3rd class. If we’re still seeing this many transfers 2 or 3 years from now that’s a different story IMO.
Never made a comparison to him vs Allen, but overall your post is my exact point. 3 classes in a row of 25+ is largely indicative of past misses (whether that's via incompetence from Hazell, early scrambling from Brohm, whatever). The sooner full classes end for Purdue, the better, in my opinion.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT