ADVERTISEMENT

What needs to happen for Purdue to beat Texas tomorrow?

Mar 12, 2016
To be honest, this game has me nervous. Chris beard has our number and historically we aren’t good against most Texas schools. What needs to happen tomorrow for our boilers to win? The pieces look in place in our bracket.

Kind of an off topic add-on but I graduated over a decade ago and have been avidly following Purdue sports since (Been lurking on here since I was an upperclass man). I Pledged to my SO that this my last year religiously following Purdue sports. Purdue Football gave me that satisfactory ending , now it’s basketball’s turn! (Please)

To Win we must score more points than Texas. i.e. Don’t turn the ball over, make shots, make free throws and don’t be dipshits on the defensive end. I am 50/50 on whether we can do it.

As for the bracket, don’t sleep on Murray St, UNC/UCLA/St Mary’s.

As for your SO, that is your deal, but why would you not be you? How do you expect to not be miserable in the future if you have to be someone that you are not? Does she not love you for who you truly are?

To be honest, this game has me nervous. Chris beard has our number and historically we aren’t good against most Texas schools. What needs to happen tomorrow for our boilers to win? The pieces look in place in our bracket.

Kind of an off topic add-on but I graduated over a decade ago and have been avidly following Purdue sports since (Been lurking on here since I was an upperclass man). I Pledged to my SO that this my last year religiously following Purdue sports. Purdue Football gave me that satisfactory ending , now it’s basketball’s turn! (Please)
Why would you pledge that man? Did she give up being emotional??

• Haha
Reactions: clankhan
Texas miss open threes. They are short and we will hammer the post. Texas only shoots 32% from three so I would suspect we will allow them to shoot and focus more on the interior.
They will shoot better than that against us. What's the over/under on banked 3s?

Haha. It takes a toll on my mood/mental being when something like 2018 and last year happens.
Yeah tell her it’s part of the deal man.. sit down and calmly be like “hey babe, do you like the good things about me .. can you list some things you like?” Then when she tells you a couple things be like “well then accepting this is what gets you those good things” then be like “boiler the **** up!” Knock something over and walk out.

They need to make 75% of their FTs and the first of every 1 and 1 and make every FT in the last minute. And prevent Texas from taking a last second 3 point shot.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Our 5 needs to touch the ball no less than 80% of possessions. No deep 3's with 20 seconds on the shot clock. No driving the lane and getting caught with nowhere to go with the ball. No careless passing. And, maintain the same level of defensive effort we saw against Yale. Looks like we're currently a 3.5 favorite. I don't care how ugly or fancy this looks. Survive and advance.

*** I don't care how ugly or fancy this looks. Survive and advance.

This.....

the-great-gatsby-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT