ADVERTISEMENT

What is your take on this?

Mar 31, 2004

It would appear Biden did not follow Pentagon advice on Afghanistan. The disastrous results speak for themselves. The question is did Biden lie about receiving the advice or does he not remember it? Is it worse to have a POTUS who is a liar or who is senile?

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Yes Biden is a liar and - Yes he likely doesn't know why. Lol.

Moreover, the media mostly have and will continue to give him a pass on this and the ever growing long list of his massive screw-ups.

It would appear Biden did not follow Pentagon advice on Afghanistan. The disastrous results speak for themselves. The question is did Biden lie about receiving the advice or does he not remember it? Is it worse to have a POTUS who is a liar or who is senile?
A few things here.
Biden didn't follow the advice of his military leaders and lied about it.
Biden didn't follow the Trump plan. The biggest mistake was leaving Bagram.
Trump wanted to keep that as a permanent US Air Base.
Trump had stipulations the Taliban had to meet in order for the withdrawal.
Biden gave security of Kabul air base to the TALIBAN as we were leaving. WTF.

I do find it troubling that the CIA leaked Biden's call to the Afghanistan President.
I also find it troubling that Biden wanted him to lie to the world about what was actually happening.

Political leaders not following the recommendations of military leaders/intel agencies is nothing new.

And yes, the result is usually bad.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Political leaders not following the recommendations of military leaders/intel agencies is nothing new.

And yes, the result is usually bad.
The POTUS does not have to follow recommendations. However it would be nice if he didn't lie about it or claim not to remember it. A military commander who made a decision like this would probably be relieved of command.

I don't mind him bucking Generals and doing what he can as Commander in Chief.

Going on a primetime show and lying about it is a problem.

Reactions: purduepat1969
It gets even better. Now the Sec of Defense is blaming the State Dept.

It's YOUR fault!
Plenty of blame to go around. Had they coordinated and developed a reasonable plan, the departure could have been successful and without incident. Unfortunately, Biden insisted that they be out of Afghanistan before 9/11, so he could have his "spike the football" moment. That unreasonable timeline was the crux of the problem.

As I've said before, if Austin, Milley & McKenzie had any honor/integrity, they should have told Biden that they would resign, if he insisted on following through on that idiotic plan. Unfortunately, they were more concerned about their careers, than doing the right thing, which led to the Fuster Cluck.

Frankly, I think Blinken is a waste of oxygen. He's in way over his head.

I don't mind him bucking Generals and doing what he can as Commander in Chief.

Going on a primetime show and lying about it is a problem.
If he had a clue, I wouldn't mind him bucking the Generals. Unfortunately, he only sees the political side of everything and fails to understand anything else. He's not a very smart man.

Unfortunately, Biden insisted that they be out of Afghanistan before 9/11, so he could have his "spike the football" moment. That unreasonable timeline was the crux of the problem.
There should not have been a timeline. Trump set one for May 1st, then Biden changed it. GEN Milley testified that both presidents were making a blunder. He testified that a timeline gave the Taliban a target to mobilize and that is exactly what happened.

The POTUS does not have to follow recommendations. However it would be nice if he didn't lie about it or claim not to remember it. A military commander who made a decision like this would probably be relieved of command.
I did not say the POTUS or any civilian political leader has to listen to military. I just stated when they do their own thing the result is not good. That does not apply to just Biden and his cabinet either.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT