ADVERTISEMENT

What happens to our program, if Walters does not end up getting let go this year?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Even though I don't see how Purdue could not let Walters go after this season, because we are still going to be lucky to win 2 games, if we are that lucky. We have games where it looks like certain players are going through the motions in some games over the last 2 years. Purdue could still balk at the $9 buyout. They might say that we sold out almost every home game this year. That would obviously change next year.

If he stays, what happens to this program? Are we set back 2, 3, 4 years? Also, who are going to have to play next year in a tougher conference each year now? The best players like Klare are going to be big targets of other programs, like Nic Scourton was, and we are not going to get into a bidding war for players. We have lost almost all of our best recruits in this recruiting class, and I don't see any of them returning. Recruits are going to know that Walters could be gone at any time. Are we going to have a team worth of transfers that no one else wants?

Even though I don't see how Purdue could not let Walters go after this season, because we are still going to be lucky to win 2 games, if we are that lucky. We have games where it looks like certain players are going through the motions in some games over the last 2 years. Purdue could still balk at the $9 buyout. They might say that we sold out almost every home game this year. That would obviously change next year.

If he stays, what happens to this program? Are we set back 2, 3, 4 years? Also, who are going to have to play next year in a tougher conference each year now? The best players like Klare are going to be big targets of other programs, like Nic Scourton was, and we are not going to get into a bidding war for players. We have lost almost all of our best recruits in this recruiting class, and I don't see any of them returning. Recruits are going to know that Walters could be gone at any time. Are we going to have a team worth of transfers that no one else wants?
We’ll look, if we just had $20mil to put together a roster none of this would be an issue

Reactions: Bippus33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT