ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Uthoff?

Several times last night, the color man said that Iowa was disorganized, a "train wreck". They would run whole sets with only half the team on the same page, both offense and defense. Something is wrong at Iowa, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
thats just Dakich using his "train-wreck" verbiage, it's BS. Iowa is just fine. You will see this in the tourney next week and then the big dance as well.

Several times last night, the color man said that Iowa was disorganized, a "train wreck". They would run whole sets with only half the team on the same page, both offense and defense. Something is wrong at Iowa, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Yeah, Iowa has fallen apart. Sounds like IU 2012 version.
Not the Iowa that beat Purdue for sure

water finds its level. BTT and IU don't get along. IU has no guards now, they're all hurt. They have now become very slow during just certain line-up combos, but it's that time where other teams can pounce. It will be the return of clap-i-tan.

Like Iowa, the team that beat Purdue TWICE pounced?

;)

You post a lot on Peegs. Interesting that you would have only 2 posts here in 9 years if you grew up a PU fan. Just happened to "drop in" this week, interesting.
I'm an IU grad. I just am very familiar with Purdue basketball history for all of the Keady era. Didn't miss a home game at Mackey from 87-96. Dad is still a season ticket holder.

Reactions: honey_badger
When IU was leading the Big early on it was "wait until the 2nd half of the schedule".
Well, we are here and it now is wait for the BTT..
I think you are right 48, IU has demonstrated what they can do with the big schedule they were given. But the national press is just a little skeptical also. The weak pre conference, the horribly imbalanced BIG slate, and the fact that Iowa and Maryland were playing poorly when you got them here at the end have fanned the flames of skepticism. Most of this board sees IU playing well. Your just not gonna see banners about it, well, outside of Assembly hall that is.

I think you are right 48, IU has demonstrated what they can do with the big schedule they were given. But the national press is just a little skeptical also. The weak pre conference, the horribly imbalanced BIG slate, and the fact that Iowa and Maryland were playing poorly when you got them here at the end have fanned the flames of skepticism. Most of this board sees IU playing well. Your just not gonna see banners about it, well, outside of Assembly hall that is.
Yeah, I think it is more about catching teams at the right time. For instance Purdue is much better than Iowa at the moment.
IU playing the bottom half starting out worked out perfect. IU was a broken team that needed confidence.

Yeah, I think it is more about catching teams at the right time. For instance Purdue is much better than Iowa at the moment.
IU playing the bottom half starting out worked out perfect. IU was a broken team that needed confidence.
This. Not only an easier schedule but how the season/schedule panned out for them. However IU is playing very good ball right now.
Iowa will find their stroke against us on Friday.

He can't go against Swanigan every game. That guy has no hope of guarding JU. Luckily, Purdue is deep as hell.

It's often not who you play but when you play them. Purdue beat UW up in Madison in the first game of the B1G season, probably wouldn't have yesterday had it been on the road.

Purdue got Iowa in the midst of, what 15, 16 wins in a row? IU got Iowa twice in the midst of losing 5 of 6, and Maryland losing 4 of 5.

Unbalanced scheduling sucks. IU played MSU, Maryland, and Purdue once each, and Maryland and Purdue in Assembly Hall at that. Regular season titles anymore are meaningless in these 16 and 14 team conferences... sucks.

But the good part about all of this is it helps make a case for keeping Crean around, and sets IU up for the coming hard fall in the tournament.

It's often not who you play but when you play them. Purdue beat UW up in Madison in the first game of the B1G season, probably wouldn't have yesterday had it been on the road.

Purdue got Iowa in the midst of, what 15, 16 wins in a row? IU got Iowa twice in the midst of losing 5 of 6, and Maryland losing 4 of 5.

Unbalanced scheduling sucks. IU played MSU, Maryland, and Purdue once each, and Maryland and Purdue in Assembly Hall at that. Regular season titles anymore are meaningless in these 16 and 14 team conferences... sucks.

But the good part about all of this is it helps make a case for keeping Crean around, and sets IU up for the coming hard fall in the tournament.
Wisky had the easiest schedule in the Big last year when they won. If you look back over the past 10 years, the conference winner had the 1-3 easiest schedule. Partly due to the fact they won and don't play themselves.
Other conferences are the same.
Funny how it was an easy first half for IU and everyone said wait until the 2nd half. Well IU pulled away.
I wanted CTC gone at the beginning of the year, but the way he turned this team around I am very happy with him.
He also deservably won coach of the year so be careful hoping CTC stays at IU. He also recruits and finds diamonds in the rough.
It is all irrelevant now and tournament time. I don't look forward to a possible Purdue matchup either. IU may be better, but paper thin better at best.

Reactions: mathboy
Wisky had the easiest schedule in the Big last year when they won. If you look back over the past 10 years, the conference winner had the 1-3 easiest schedule. Partly due to the fact they won and don't play themselves.
Other conferences are the same.
Funny how it was an easy first half for IU and everyone said wait until the 2nd half. Well IU pulled away.
I wanted CTC gone at the beginning of the year, but the way he turned this team around I am very happy with him.
He also deservably won coach of the year so be careful hoping CTC stays at IU. He also recruits and finds diamonds in the rough.
It is all irrelevant now and tournament time. I don't look forward to a possible Purdue matchup either. IU may be better, but paper thin better at best.
Yeah, that's part of the easy schedule, but you can't objectively look at IU's schedule and think it was tough. That the best teams don't play twice sucks. That they play inconsistent schedules makes the regular season championship irrelevant anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT