ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Uthoff?

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
Guy was the best player in the conference for the first half. His play dropped in the last month or so and tonight he was awful when I turned it over to that game after ours.

Guy was the best player in the conference for the first half. His play dropped in the last month or so and tonight he was awful when I turned it over to that game after ours.
He missed some wide open shots, he also missed contested shots, he was making both early in the year. He did score quite a few points and did other things according to his coaches comments on ESPN. looks like iu lost another player with what is likely a torn shoulder. guess he was on the ground for 5 minutes. Iowa has every chance in the world to do well at the B1G tourney. They have no injuries and tons of talent. Just like we do.

Seems like a guy better suited to be the second best player on the team. Not a take charge personality. He should have taken that last shot tonight instead of passing to clemons (even though he was open, Clemons isn't a player that makes those shots)

He missed some wide open shots, he also missed contested shots, he was making both early in the year. He did score quite a few points and did other things according to his coaches comments on ESPN. looks like iu lost another player with what is likely a torn shoulder. guess he was on the ground for 5 minutes. Iowa has every chance in the world to do well at the B1G tourney. They have no injuries and tons of talent. Just like we do.
Hey missed your prediction about IU and Iowa.

Iowa find in it hard to win if their backups are scoring in the double figures every game. Baer had his first good game in forever. Uhl was lights out early can't find the bucket anymore. Iowa is very solid but if their bench doesn't show up they aren't going to beat good teams.

Not taking anything away from IU's defense, but what the hell happened to Iowa? Those guys really lost their mojo, and peaked way too early. I turned on the game after ours and thought Iowa players had been replaced by some high school squad. They played dumb, I mean really dumb for long periods of time last night. They put on a push at the end to catch IU, and that was the only time they looked like the team we faced.

They missed open shots that they were hitting during their peak. They fumbled rebounds they easily controlled earlier in the season, and their assit numbers are way low. I am not aware of any injuries, right? IU's defense was pretty sharp, but Iowa was not able to take advantage of the openings they got.

:cool:

Perfect example of what a long season looks like. There are peaks and valleys for every team. The key is to not have the valley come at the wrong time or last too long. IU had their valley early and got back out of it. Iowa is in it right now and we'll see if they come out of it in time.

What a difference 2 weeks makes.. Iowa was staring at a conference championship and a likely 2 seed in the NCAAT with an opening home weekend in Des Moines.

Not taking anything away from IU's defense, but what the hell happened to Iowa? Those guys really lost their mojo, and peaked way too early. I turned on the game after ours and thought Iowa players had been replaced by some high school squad. They played dumb, I mean really dumb for long periods of time last night. They put on a push at the end to catch IU, and that was the only time they looked like the team we faced.

They missed open shots that they were hitting during their peak. They fumbled rebounds they easily controlled earlier in the season, and their assit numbers are way low. I am not aware of any injuries, right? IU's defense was pretty sharp, but Iowa was not able to take advantage of the openings they got.

IU's defense just got worse at the end of the game with Morgan suffering a separated shoulder. It's going to hurt them in the big dance not to have him. If you noticed or listened to the announcers, he was wearing a harness under his short-sleeved t-shirt (which hides it), because he has had major problems in the past and they were praying it wouldn't separate again. Now he faces surgery, and even then, he may not have full range of motion with that shoulder ever again. Or at least comfortable full range of motion. Their defense just got knocked down a notch or three and their chance to advance past the 2nd weekend come dance time just took a MAJOR blow.

IU's defense just got worse at the end of the game with Morgan suffering a separated shoulder. It's going to hurt them in the big dance not to have him. If you noticed or listened to the announcers, he was wearing a harness under his short-sleeved t-shirt (which hides it), because he has had major problems in the past and they were praying it wouldn't separate again. Now he faces surgery, and even then, he may not have full range of motion with that shoulder ever again. Or at least comfortable full range of motion. Their defense just got knocked down a notch or three and their chance to advance past the 2nd weekend come dance time just took a MAJOR blow.
Wow. You got all of that off of watching a TV and reading Twitter?

There are no updates on Morgan's status. He may be done for the year, but that certainly hasn't been confirmed.

Wow. You got all of that off of watching a TV and reading Twitter?

There are no updates on Morgan's status. He may be done for the year, but that certainly hasn't been confirmed.
2 posts in 9 years. Were you just scouring the threads looking for anything IU to comment on??

Iowa find in it hard to win if their backups are scoring in the double figures every game. Baer had his first good game in forever. Uhl was lights out early can't find the bucket anymore. Iowa is very solid but if their bench doesn't show up they aren't going to beat good teams.
Iowa actually had a couple bench guys show up last night. Bear, Wagner, and Williams all scored above their averages. Uhl was held to only 2 points on free throws (averages 6.5). The crazy thing about Iowa is they've been incredibly devoid of significant bench scoring all season. I'd be shocked if there are more than a handful of teams in the NCAA whose starters average a greater percentage of minutes and points than Iowa's do. It certainly leaves one to question CFM's strategy to go-all in with his starting 5 for an entire season.

Dude this and your 20+ point Purdue win at IU, IU's 30+ point loss or in your words "blood letting".
Endless others is beyond ridiculous. You seemed to be a big fan and that's great, but come down to earth a bit. IU is very deep at every position, but the 5. They won in Iowa w/o 2 former starting guards in JBJ and RJ.

Dude this and your 20+ point Purdue win at IU, IU's 30+ point loss or in your words "blood letting".
Endless others is beyond ridiculous. You seemed to be a big fan and that's great, but come down to earth a bit. IU is very deep at every position, but the 5. They won in Iowa w/o 2 former starting guards in JBJ and RJ.
I'm more and more convinced he's an IU fan trolling us all.

Dude! Slow down a bit.

This whole thread is generally complimentatry of IU and the game they put together against Iowa. You don't need to drag other threads into a fruitless effort to correct some poster on another school's message board. You need to appreciate how dumb that seems.

We all are aware of IU's injury problems. Unfortunately, they got worse last night. None of us feel good about that. If we meet in the BIGT, and win, all we will get is that IU was understregth, etc. Not good for the rivalry. More importantly, not good for the injured kids.

This also sets up and under-strength IU for an early exit from the NCAA's, which deminishes the BIG.

Yes, I agree, I am also big enough to admit when I'm wrong and I already am eating crow over my prediction on the iowa iu debacle. I just watched the replay and will also concur that iu was getting screwed by the refs as hard as that is to say. BUT, don't you think IU will be less defensively without morgan? I thought morgan did a good job against us, that's all i'm saying.

As Keady used to say; and it was born out this year for Purdue & iu playing Iowa; "it's not who you play it's when you play them". Flip the season as to when teams played each other and standings might be dramatically different. iu getting Iowa early, Purdue getting them now, etc. Anyway next week will show who is the best in the BIG. Non home & home BIG schedule has diminished it to nothing more than a way to seed their tournament.

As Keady used to say; and it was born out this year for Purdue & iu playing Iowa; "it's not who you play it's when you play them". Flip the season as to when teams played each other and standings might be dramatically different. iu getting Iowa early, Purdue getting them now, etc. Anyway next week will show who is the best in the BIG. Non home & home BIG schedule has diminished it to nothing more than a way to seed their tournament.

Not to mention IU getting Wisconsin early instead of late.

2 posts in 9 years. Were you just scouring the threads looking for anything IU to comment on??
I come on here every now and then. I grew up in Lafayette and a Purdue fan but went to school in Bloomington.

Normally, not much to add the conversation that hasn't already been said.

I come on here every now and then. I grew up in Lafayette and a Purdue fan but went to school in Bloomington.

Normally, not much to add the conversation that hasn't already been said.
You post a lot on Peegs. Interesting that you would have only 2 posts here in 9 years if you grew up a PU fan. Just happened to "drop in" this week, interesting.

When IU was leading the Big early on it was "wait until the 2nd half of the schedule".
Well, we are here and it now is wait for the BTT..
water finds its level. BTT and IU don't get along. IU has no guards now, they're all hurt. They have now become very slow during just certain line-up combos, but it's that time where other teams can pounce. It will be the return of clap-i-tan.

water finds its level. BTT and IU don't get along. IU has no guards now, they're all hurt. They have now become very slow during just certain line-up combos, but it's that time where other teams can pounce. It will be the return of clap-i-tan.
I agree the BTT has not been good to IU (embarrassing actually), but IU has plenty of guards and bigger players that can handle the ball. If Brant were to get hurt then IU would be in trouble.

Several times last night, the color man said that Iowa was disorganized, a "train wreck". They would run whole sets with only half the team on the same page, both offense and defense. Something is wrong at Iowa, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

When IU was leading the Big early on it was "wait until the 2nd half of the schedule".
Well, we are here and it now is wait for the BTT..

IU has lost 2 games so far in the second half of the schedule. Could be 3 if you don't take care of business against Maryland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT