ADVERTISEMENT

TKR

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
What's happened to him the last month or so? He was starting to play so much better and seemed so confident and in the moment of breaking out. He even went to his left shoulder once. And free throws were looking better. Then............
What's happened here?
I've seen so little during the games I don't even have an opinion on it.
Gillis and now Heide taking some of his minutes but I think that was a response to Trey's disappearance rather than the cause.

What's happened to him the last month or so? He was starting to play so much better and seemed so confident and in the moment of breaking out. He even went to his left shoulder once. And free throws were looking better. Then............
What's happened here?
Gillis and now Heide taking some of his minutes but I think that was a response to Trey's disappearance rather than the cause.

I thought he has been played outstanding esp on D. Different perspectives I guess?

I don't believe Heide has taken any of his minutes.
All Gillis.

Last edited:
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I think that TKR has been fine. He helps Purdue set a physical tone to start each half. Illinois wasn’t his best game, but everyone is going to have games like that.

I agree that what we are really seeing at the 4 is Gillis playing at a very high level. He may not start, but he finishes and plays a majority of the minutes. TKR is playing fewer minutes as a consequence and his numbers reflect that.

What's happened here?
He’s doing everything asked of him. He doesn’t get a lot of action on offensive sets. He’s been great at being physical and battling down low for rebounds. He had a huge and1 put back and converted the FT vs Illinois. He has had a few open looks at 3, but he has passed those up to other shooters.

Look at how our offense is…edey, smith, jones, loyer, Gillis. Those are the main scorers. We shoot the 3 ball a lot and Zach also gets a lot of touches which don’t result in a lot left for others.

Heide has not taken his mins. Painted is doing a great job splitting between TKR and Gillis. Switching from a bruiser down low who could hit an occasional 3, to a guy who is 50% from 3 but also is all over the place.

Don’t worry, he hasn’t disappeared. He’s playing his role perfectly and that’s exactly what we need. He may need to step up in the tourney if Zach gets into foul trouble/needs a breather and I have full confidence he will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT