ADVERTISEMENT

Walters expected to get more time

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
Thamel says here there is empathy for Walters and the situation he’s been put in from the administration and he’s expected to get more time.

This cannot be real, sourced writing. I mean come on man. He also says in this article that Deion Burks is going in the top 50 of the 2025 NFL draft. The odds of that are roughly the same as my odds of being drafted in the top 50.

I think this is nonsense, but I can’t help but feel fear creeping in that they may try to run this back. I just can’t help it.

Well, Burks at least is a college football player...
And a pretty good one, too. But are you telling me your book has Burks as a favorite over me to be drafted top 50? I find that hard to believe. I’m HUD628 on Boiler upload in case you didn’t know

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18
This just confirms how clueless the AD is. I wasn’t out for blood on him but now you need to flush the whole operation. Clean house from top to bottom! They don’t know shit if they think this is about a few players getting poached.

This is about a program that’s fundamentally lacking , undisciplined and clueless on winning football strategy. Has been from the day this coach set foot in WL. Now we know that starts from the top of the whole AD, Not just the top of the program.

We were circling the toilet bowl as a program…now we are completely flushed and gone!

Yeah having Georgias leftovers mabey wasn't best idea on coach. He could of gotten mac guys 2 for 1 but when he can't evaluate talent yeah the Georgia guy looks good but can't play. We are doomed

Just look at the bright side. I survived the Hazzell years and really enjoyed going to games and never having to wait in line for the bathroom or get a hot dog. Traffic was never bad, you could always stretch your legs cause no one was ever close to sitting next to you. Ohh for the good ole days.... maybe 2025!!! Can't wait thanks Bobo.

Wonder if this is true, will Walters get some different assistant coaches and hopefully do better on judging talent before going after someone in portal

This effectively means the program is dead.

Rest In Peace Goodbye GIF by Mainstreet Pictures

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
This just confirms how clueless the AD is. I wasn’t out for blood on him but now you need to flush the whole operation. Clean house from top to bottom! They don’t know shit if they think this is about a few players getting poached.

This is about a program that’s fundamentally lacking , undisciplined and clueless on winning football strategy. Has been from the day this coach set foot in WL. Now we know that starts from the top of the whole AD, Not just the top of the program.

We were circling the toilet bowl as a program…now we are completely flushed and gone!
Any AD who thinks Walters will turn this around next season, is an AD I DON’T want hiring the next head coach, because he obviously doesn’t understand what he’s looking at.

We are back in 2015, year 3 of Hazell: recruiting is tanking, and no good offensive coordinator is going to get on board this sinking ship.

Actually it’s worse than 2015, because we’ll also lose good players to the portal.

After we finish the season 1 and 11 with zero conference wins and Indiana takes us to the woodshed, it will be over! The pressure will be too great to not make a change.
Hopefully this is just a classic “Vote of Confidence” that ADs put out prior to firing a coach. I agree that a lot can change between now and the end of the year, and a blowout loss to iu that solidifies a one win season could force Bobo’s hand. You can’t have the fanbase getting apathetic, which 90% of us are already there.

Any AD who thinks Walters will turn this around next season, is an AD I DON’T want hiring the next head coach, because he obviously doesn’t understand what he’s looking at.
I was under the impression the plan was for Tiffini Grimes to take over when bobinski retires.

she was apparently part of the interview/decision process to hire Walters.
would be a huge task if she became in charge of the next football hire too

I was under the impression the plan was for Tiffini Grimes to take over when bobinski retires.

That’s why I want a VP of Football Operations, aka an NFL style General Manager/Team President to oversee the entire program, player personnel, coaching staff, etc. This VP would report to the BOT and University President.

Grimes in the last 2 weeks or so did and interview with Alan from GBI and was extremely complimentary of Walters. This is really getting scary.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Yeah I hope this is just speculation by Thamel, but Grimes has spoken positively about Walters recently so who knows. It is just so clear that culturally and operationally there is so much lacking. This isn’t even about losing, it’s about getting completely humiliated week in and week out. You just can’t accept this.

Grimes in the last 2 weeks or so did and interview with Alan from GBI and was extremely complimentary of Walters. This is really getting scary.
That's just PR, I think. What's she going to do, say publicly that the coach sucks?

iu pasting us WILL be the difference. that' is intolerable.
If we're not competitive (except maybe against Northwestern), that may be enough pressure to change things. My biggest concern is that most of our opponents are going to treat our game like a scrimmage and make us look more competitive than we actually are.

What is your problem with Walters? The stadium is packed! Big ten network money is at an all time high. People will come to the games just for the novelty of seeing usc for the first time. Teams like uw, Iowa and OSU travel well and will fill up the stadium.

You want a winning team? Why? Brohm gave you a winning team and you were still not happy and found something to complain about and people to argue with. Painter took the team to the sweet 16 multiple times and some people still wanted him fired.

Just think of all the who should we hire next threads that Would go away if we had a winning program? When the team wins, fans post a lot less. Fans only post to complain!

And think about beer sales. When the team wins, people are naturally happy and do odd things like fall in love, take long hikes and other romantic type things. There is no money in romance. But when the team loses, beer sales sore! People throw and break stuff. People throw out their old jerseys and buy their new lucky jersey!

And here’s the biggest kicker. Walters might return part of his salary. And we can say the losses are the result of lack of NIL giving. Alumni will. Donate more money to the NIL hoping that will create more wins!

As you can see, losing is good for business! BoBo is following the example laid forward by the Bears and Cubs! Sure the fans are unhappy but they buy even more merchandise! And our opponents will buy the available tickets! Revenue wise, keeping Walters is a win win situation!

The only way Walters would be fired is if the revenue dropped. And that’s not happening. Look at the revenue charts. They are climbing. So suk it up buttercup! And enjoy losing! People loved Agasi as our coach. Hope and Hazell were awesome! The fans remained loyal.

And for a contrast and different perspective, OSU fans are a lot worse than Purdue fans. One loss, and they go ballistic and fire everybody! No matter how much you win, some people are never happy! The more you win, the more you complain! Look back at the BROHM years! You actually complained a lot more. And the last time I looked, the name calling and cyber bullying on this board was actually a lot worse. Some of you just come to this board to belittle and harass others! Winning isn’t going to change that. It just strokes your egos and you complain and belittle others even more. Some of us are just not worthy! And some of you are never happy!

So go ahead, call me names! Spread your lies and misinformation! Misquote my previous posts! And yes, there exist some schools who are academically just as good as Purdue is. We all know how awesome and smart Baron is and he would only attend the best and greatest school. And the same is true with Bronny! Purdue can’t even attract legacies like catchings. Even astronauts are graduating from other schools. The sky has fallen and you didn’t even realize it.

Sorry, my future donations will go to hurricane relief. I’m also a USF alumni. I have to help my other fellow alumni, family and friends! There is more to life than arguing with chi chi and BBG. !

This forum used to be a place to come to when a person wanted to gain insight and the latest info about the team and recruiting progress. Now all you do is complain and belittle others and call everyone who disagrees with you a troll and not loyal to the university! I’m still loyal, just not to people like you! I didn’t like people like you when I was a student.

Go Purdue All American Band. ! Do you even know how much band members were dissed by people like you? It’s doubtful you even know they existed. They were just there to provide you some music and serve you much like the pizza delivery guy. It’s not possible they might even rate as a human! Did you even remember the pizza delivery guy’s name? Or the person who was a student aide in the library? Or that cafeteria worker in the dorm? They were all loyal Purdue students and loved their school. However, their lives don’t matter. All that matters is winning football games!

I fought a heart bypass and won! My wife (a Purdue and IU grad). Beat cancer for the third time. A semi truck destroyed my car last month and I survived the accident. Those are the victories that matter, not football games and firing Walters!

So Walters is being protected by Grimes just like Hazell was protected by Burke. I think Grimes...and Bobinski....deserve to go down with the ship the same as Burke. Neither should be allowed to touch the next football coaching hire whenever we get there.

And a pretty good one, too. But are you telling me your book has Burks as a favorite over me to be drafted top 50? I find that hard to believe. I’m HUD628 on Boiler upload in case you didn’t know
That can't be right. Burks put up so so numbers his first 4 games at OU and has been out since.

Maybe he meant Scourton?

So Walters is being protected by Grimes just like Hazell was protected by Burke. I think Grimes...and Bobinski....deserve to go down with the ship the same as Burke. Neither should be allowed to touch the next football coaching hire whenever we get there.
It’s starting to look like it. If they are ok with what has gone on, they need to go. But who’s going to make that happen? Berghoff, who was into athletics, is gone. I haven’t even seen who the new chair is but hopefully they care about the AD

Hopefully this is just a classic “Vote of Confidence” that ADs put out prior to firing a coach. I agree that a lot can change between now and the end of the year, and a blowout loss to iu that solidifies a one win season could force Bobo’s hand. You can’t have the fanbase getting apathetic, which 90% of us are already there.

iu pasting us WILL be the difference. that' is intolerable.
I agree with the basic sentiment of these two posts. IMO: a 1-11 season in which half the games are 25+ point losses including a lopsided loss at Indiana would be justification for moving on from Walters.

However, I just don't see the Purdue administration firing a guy after just two years. I'm not saying it can't happen, it's just never been Purdue's style.

Not buying it. I still think he’s gone. Especially with all our recruits jumping ship. It’s also going to get ugly once the portal opens up and any decent players we have leave. Not firing him would be a HUGE mistake. If he stuck around I actually think next year could be even worse.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
He said both were going to go top 50. Scourton is going in the top half of round 1 almost certainly
Thanks.

Always liked Burks and he has some elite physical gifts. Guessing a lot of that draft potential was based on the spring and fall practices. I think the biggest issue with Burks is that he could be covered up by good bigger CBs. Doesn't seem like he's proved that otherwise this year. Granted I haven't seen him play this year, just looking at the stats. Hey if he gets drafted that high good for him.

He said both were going to go top 50. Scourton is going in the top half of round 1 almost certainly
I've seen Scourton as high as top ten. He's a baller.

Burks put up pretty big numbers in his first four games, but I'm a little skeptical of him going top 50.

Thamel says here there is empathy for Walters and the situation he’s been put in from the administration and he’s expected to get more time.

This cannot be real, sourced writing. I mean come on man. He also says in this article that Deion Burks is going in the top 50 of the 2025 NFL draft. The odds of that are roughly the same as my odds of being drafted in the top 50.

I think this is nonsense, but I can’t help but feel fear creeping in that they may try to run this back. I just can’t help it.

Article says there was a chance...but a lot riding on the last 5 games....Purdue would be commiting more to Nil...that being said...still think Walters won't be the guy moving forward regardless. Can't jeopardize losing a whole recruiting class and losing the masses in next yr season ticket sales.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Ton of catches yes, but only like 200 yards. That was with the cupcakes in there as well.
They were using him the way we wish we could’ve. Peppering him with 5 yard passes. Wish we could’ve used him like that last year and this year too of course. That’s what he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT