ADVERTISEMENT

Walters’ future

Screw Brohm, he's on to greener pastures. Let it lay. He left, we didn't. Tiller was the man! Did it with less money and less support from the AD.
I agree,screw Brohm, but folks need to quit laying CRW's failures a Brohms feet.......
CRW is what CRW has made for himself, and let's leave it at that......
On another note, did anyone watch the IL post game presser with Brent B.?????
That dude had some major issues with CRW and he made it sound as if CRW was running a dirty program...... Is anyone aware of what he is eluding to?????

Last edited:
Reactions: z_one and BBG
On another note, did anyone watch the IL post game presser Brent B.?????
That dude had some major issues with CRW and he made it sound as if CRW was running a dirty program...... Is anyone aware of what he is eluding to?????
It's Bret B. If CRW is running a "dirty program" he's terrible at it as we wouldn't suck this bad. Bret is probably just mad CRW left him. Bret isn't happy unless he is complaining or eating about 5 subway footlongs.

I defend Brohm. I don’t bring him up.

Look at this thread and who first mentions him. Wasn’t me! It’s the same guy who always mentions him to defend Walters being so bad at his job.

It's Bret B. If CRW is running a "dirty program" he's terrible at it as we wouldn't suck this bad. Bret is probably just mad CRW left him. Bret isn't happy unless he is complaining or eating about 5 subway footlongs.
He has always been a butt wipe!

This is bull.

Some of us who knew what we were looking at realized a long time ago that this coaching staff is terrible, but were told by the Walters apologists that it was Brohm’s fault.
Yeah you guys had it all figured out. Play the BT championship on Dec. 3, Satterfield left UL Dec. 5, Brohm left Dec. 8. Are you going to claim that the team that got trashed in the bowl game was the same team that played in the BT Championship? If THAT part wasn't Brohm's fault, then who's fault was it?

Last edited:
Yeah you guys had it all figured out. Play the BT championship on Dec. 3, Satterfield left UL Dec. 5, Brohm left Dec. 8. Are you going to claim that the team that got trashed in the bowl game was the same team that played in the BT Championship? If THAT part wasn't Brohm's fault, then who's fault is it?
No one cares about any of that, except for Walters apologists. Some of us knew last season that he couldn’t coach, and it had nothing to do with Brohm.

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18 and z_one
No one cares about any of that, except for Walters apologists. Some of us knew last season that he couldn’t coach, and it had nothing to do with Brohm.
Some of you Brohm apologists care. I never saw such sucking up to a guy that left us at the altar as for that guy. He was good, but you guys made it sound like he left a great class for Walters to build on. Anyone that watched that debacle of a bowl game knew that he didn't. Walters obviously wasn't ready to be a head coach at least not at a BT university that much is now abundantly clear. Those of us that argued to at least to give him a chance have not been apologists, simply realists. You guys wanted to fire him after one year actually 6 months. If we followed your lead we would have to give the next guy guarantees to the moon.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Yeah you guys had it all figured out. Play the BT championship on Dec. 3, Satterfield left UL Dec. 5, Brohm left Dec. 8. Are you going to claim that the team that got trashed in the bowl game was the same team that played in the BT Championship? If THAT part wasn't Brohm's fault, then who's fault was it?
When you lose 60% of your offensive output playing a backup QB who stinks of course you’re going to get throttled.

Expecting guys who haven’t gotten reps all year to come out and compete with a future Heisman trophy winner and an up and coming SEC program is just foolish. We still probably lose by 2 TDS even with the 6 guys who left early just due to the sheer speed difference.

Some of you Brohm apologists care. I never saw such sucking up to a guy that left us at the altar as for that guy. He was good, but you guys made it sound like he left a great class for Walters to build on. Anyone that watched that debacle of a bowl game knew that he didn't. Walters obviously wasn't ready to be a head coach at least not at a BT university that much is now abundantly clear. Those of us that argued to at least to give him a chance have not been apologists, simply realists. You guys wanted to fire him after one year actually 6 months. If we followed your lead we would have to give the next guy guarantees to the moon.
You’re embarrassed that you’re just now seeing what we saw last year. I get it.

Reactions: pboiler18
Brohm left us in the lurch and that sucks but he left us for his dream job. I can’t hate on that.

You fixate on that vs being worried about a guy maki g a more than fair salary to likely go 1-11 this year.

While Brohm was here he was great at limiting exposure to our weaknesses and accentuating our strengths. This coach…well HE thinks he looks great in a schmedium T shirt. That’s his greatest acimplishment.

These were not Brohm limitations. These were Purdue limitations and Brohm operated within that and built a winner. This coach operates like he has Ohio States roster, pee wee coaching and expects the team get better overnight.

He got incredibly lucky with a QB who had enough athleticism to cover up our weaknesses, an Illinois team who was just as bad as us on defense and a defense who could t tell you their identity or what they are supposed to do on any given play.

It won’t last…just like his tenure here. I’m a UGA grad. Born in Lafayette. Got to sit through the Alsttot years and some early Tiller. Was on OGFP board for a long time before coming here. People would recognize my name on there if I shared. Don’t care to as I was incredibly young while on there.

Point being..I recognized Brohm would do good. I recognized Walters would be a disaster. I know ball. Most of you who go against me here are seemingly on the wrong side of it every time. And I’m the idiot with an agenda? LOL

You’re embarrassed that you’re just now seeing what we saw last year. I get it.

I'm not near as embarrassed about that as I was about the "bowl game" we were left to suffer through. The one I guess you must have thought was fine? Wouldn't matter what I saw or didn't last year. Bobinski wasn't going to pull the plug after one season. Since you can forsee things so well, who's your pick for a replacement?

• Haha
I'm not near as embarrassed about that as I was about that "bowl game" we were left to suffer through. The one I guess you must have thought was fine? Wouldn't matter what I saw or didn't last year. Bobinski wasn't going to pull the plug after one season. Since you can forsee things so well, who's your pick for a replacement?
Caring about a bowl game when your top 6 leave for the draft (and all get drafted),playing a good team with a new coach, a future Heisman winner and a lame duck coach.

That says a lot about your own lack of football knowledge expecting us to be good. Brohms teams weren’t deep. If his games weren’t deep…Walters teams are the definition of shallow!

Sure seems like a 'ville homer to me. He defends Brohm on every thread. I mean the guy never did anything wrong at Purdue. He is even better than Jim Young. :rolleyes:
Maybe someone can enlighten me on Jim young or mollenkopf? Did they have coaches like Dale Williams hanging around for 6 years? Did young win 10 games because he was really good in some areas but entire units produced no big ten starters for years at a time? Like Brohm’s DB, LB and OL?

Exhibit:Z
This is exactly what 18,Newpal and Kyboiler have been saying. You and some others keep bring Brohm up..
It seems that just can't help yourself.
Brohm lives rent free in your brain when so many have moved on....
I'm surprised that Brohm hasn't filed stalking charges against you.
Let it go....

If he is going to speak shit about CRW at a press conference than he ought to back it up...
Props to the Illini reporter who asked Bielima to give examples, which he failed to do....

Brohm left us in the lurch and that sucks but he left us for his dream job. I can’t hate on that.

You fixate on that vs being worried about a guy maki g a more than fair salary to likely go 1-11 this year.

While Brohm was here he was great at limiting exposure to our weaknesses and accentuating our strengths. This coach…well HE thinks he looks great in a schmedium T shirt. That’s his greatest acimplishment.

These were not Brohm limitations. These were Purdue limitations and Brohm operated within that and built a winner. This coach operates like he has Ohio States roster, pee wee coaching and expects the team get better overnight.

He got incredibly lucky with a QB who had enough athleticism to cover up our weaknesses, an Illinois team who was just as bad as us on defense and a defense who could t tell you their identity or what they are supposed to do on any given play.

It won’t last…just like his tenure here. I’m a UGA grad. Born in Lafayette. Got to sit through the Alsttot years and some early Tiller. Was on OGFP board for a long time before coming here. People would recognize my name on there if I shared. Don’t care to as I was incredibly young while on there.

Point being..I recognized Brohm would do good. I recognized Walters would be a disaster. I know ball. Most of you who go against me here are seemingly on the wrong side of it every time. And I’m the idiot with an agenda? LOL
Apparently so because all I want is for Purdue to do well. That is MY agenda. I supported Brohm while he was here. I was excited to watch most of the games. I supported him when we didn't do so well. I didn't like the timing of Brohm leaving and I still don't. I understand it but I hate Purdue always being the bridesmaid. Bobinski made a call in a short period of time. I don't know what his options were or what kind of time frame he felt he had to move. I supported his choice and supported Walters hoping for the best. I wasn't thrilled with making a defensive coach the head coach but I was going to support Purdue and will until a change is made and I will support that change and give that coach a chance to prove himself.
How much sooner do you think your constant bitching about Walters has made in the coaching change? To this point, none. It's just bitching. Now since "YOU KNOW BALL" who is your choice for the new coach? Since you claim to be sooooooo...... knowledgeable shouldn't it be incredibly easy for you to make up a list of candidates? In fact shouldn't you forward that to the AD as well? Someone that claims Brohm was better than Young is someone I'm sure everyone would listen to.

Apparently so because all I want is for Purdue to do well. That is MY agenda. I supported Brohm while he was here. I was excited to watch most of the games. I supported him when we didn't do so well. I didn't like the timing of Brohm leaving and I still don't. I understand it but I hate Purdue always being the bridesmaid. Bobinski made a call in a short period of time. I don't know what his options were or what kind of time frame he felt he had to move. I supported his choice and supported Walters hoping for the best. I wasn't thrilled with making a defensive coach the head coach but I was going to support Purdue and will until a change is made and I will support that change and give that coach a chance to prove himself.
How much sooner do you think your constant bitching about Walters has made in the coaching change? To this point, none. It's just bitching. Now since "YOU KNOW BALL" who is your choice for the new coach? Since you claim to be sooooooo...... knowledgeable shouldn't it be incredibly easy for you to make up a list of candidates? In fact shouldn't you forward that to the AD as well? Someone that claims Brohm was better than Young is someone I'm sure everyone would listen to.
I told you and the Walters pumpers for 6 months why this coach and scheme don’t work here. It’s all come to roost. Of course I know ball. I told BC for 6 months before the season why Brohm WOULD work in 21 and 22. Like it or not that’s more insight than you’ve ever given!

I don’t care to make predictions for the next coach…the AD is going to pick regardless. Maybe it’s good or maybe it’s bad but all I know is the last pick sucked!

Go look at any of these last threads and who brought up Brohm. It wasn’t me.

I defend him when people come to crap on him because he was a good coach here.

When people defend Walters it’s mostly laying blame at the feet of Brohm which is ridiculous. It’s obvious the roster was more talented in 22 than 23. In 23 than now.

Look at all the starters on the line. Most are Brohm guys….and they aren’t the reason we suck. It’s been 1000% coaching and not using the talent we do have.
He was fine. Two games above .500 at Purdue. The routine reminds me of my sister in law being like “we had the best pizza ever omg.” And I have to hold my palm up like “I’ve been there, it’s fine.”

The starters on the line are like the 1st, 2nd and 3rd OL he developed in 6 years. Who was the last starter before these 3? In six years.. Eric Bramel for a few games?

I told you and the Walters pumpers for 6 months why this coach and scheme don’t work here. It’s all come to roost. Of course I know ball. I told BC for 6 months before the season why Brohm WOULD work in 21 and 22. Like it or not that’s more insight than you’ve ever given!

I don’t care to make predictions for the next coach…the AD is going to pick regardless. Maybe it’s good or maybe it’s bad but all I know is the last pick sucked!
Yes it sucked. Where were you with all your knowledge? Did you forward your suggestions to Bobinski? I doubt you said a word. We were all trying to digest the changes in a short period of time. Where are your suggestions now other than bitching? YOU KNOW BALL! So where are your mighty suggestions? LOL You don't care to make predictions because you want to wait and bitch about whomever it is if things don't go well. That is your MO.

Yes it sucked. Where were you with all your knowledge? Did you forward your suggestions to Bobinski? I doubt you said a word. We were all trying to digest the changes in a short period of time. Where are your suggestions now other than bitching? YOU KNOW BALL! So where are your mighty suggestions? LOL You don't care to make predictions because you want to wait and bitch about whomever it is if things don't go well. That is your MO.
Doesn’t matter who I want. They won’t come and we won’t hire them!

If Bobinski wants to tap me for advice sure. He can DM me here.

I’m not gunna be the guy emailing an AD. They just hit delete in those!

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
Doesn’t matter who I want. They won’t come and we won’t hire them!

If Bobinski wants to tap me for advice sure. He can DM me here.

I’m not gunna be the guy emailing an AD. They just hit delete in those!
Just as I guessed. So you just admitted that you have never emailed the AD with suggestions. That's funny. He has responded to me before. You just proved that you fit the MO that I described for you. What a waste of knowledge.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just as I guessed. So you just admitted that you have never emailed the AD with suggestions. That's funny. He has responded to me before. You just proved that you fit the MO that I described for you. What a waste of knowledge.
They can’t afford me or who I’d want.

• Haha
They can’t afford me or who I’d want.
Of course they can't. If you cared about Purdue you'd offer your services for free. The issue is that you don't want to be exposed. You won't even give your choices for coach on the board.

Of course they can't. If you cared about Purdue you'd offer your services for free. The issue is that you don't want to be exposed. You won't even give your choices for coach on the board.
He is so dumb.

He admits that who he wants won’t come here. Because candidates know our big money donors don’t give a shit about football.

So then why bitch about the coach? By his own admission, good coaches pick the phone up and hang up. So I guess what he’s looking for is a guy who is thought of as a bad or risky hire (Walters was the latter) to suddenly miracle their ass into being Joe tiller.. in a place that is going to have Mockobee, Klare, Omonode and zero other home grown true seniors who can play and barely enough money to retain good talent; never enough to go take playmakers from elsewhere.

He is so dumb.

He admits that who he wants won’t come here. Because candidates know our big money donors don’t give a shit about football.

So then why bitch about the coach? By his own admission, good coaches pick the phone up and hang up. So I guess what he’s looking for is a guy who is thought of as a bad or risky hire (Walters was the latter) to suddenly miracle their ass into being Joe tiller.. in a place that is going to have Mockobee, Klare, Omonode and zero other home grown true seniors who can play and barely enough money to retain good talent; never enough to go take playmakers from elsewhere.
I bitch about the coach because he can’t coach. There are plenty of guys better who they can get. Maybe even ANYBoDY would be better.

I know we are limited in what we spend whether for staff, NIL, etc. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t maximize the investment!

• Haha
I bitch about the coach because he can’t coach. There are plenty of guys better who they can get. Maybe even ANYBoDY would be better.

I know we are limited in what we spend whether for staff, NIL, etc. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t maximize the investment!
Name one then lol…

Name them. We would all like to benefit from your expertise. BTW, you might be interested to know that Purdue's endowment ranks it #37 overall and #15 of Public Universities and ahead of IU. Of course that doesn't mean they are going to spend it on sports. It just shows that Purdue isn't without finances.

Last edited:
Name them. We would all like to benefit from your expertise. BTW, you might be interested to know that Purdue's endowment ranks it #37 overall and #15 of Public Universities and ahead of IU. Of course that doesn't mean they are going to spend it on sports. It just shows that Purdue isn't without finances.
No shit.. I mean we are dealing with a guy who makes destwart’s nfl front office career look mediocre; the least don Shula can do is enlighten us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT