ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn goes down

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
Way to go women's ND. So glad to see someone beat uconn. I like to see other schools do well not just one.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I'd much rather have seen UCONN win.
Screw that, always great to see a team with 5star after 5 star lose! I realize ND is sort of like that but they lost 4 girls due to ACL injuries, tired of Geno and ESPN worshipping him like a god!

Screw that, always great to see a team with 5star after 5 star lose! I realize ND is sort of like that but they lost 4 girls due to ACL injuries, tired of Geno and ESPN worshipping him like a god!

I'd say what he has accomplished at UCONN is worthy of praise and adulation. And Notre Dame recruits at the upper echelon too and was a #1 seed so this isn't exactly Loyola Chicago here. If you like to see UCONN lose that's your opinion. I just don't see any consistent logic in it.

Geno is SO gracious in defeat. Such a class act.
Miss St. Got screwed on the 2nd to last play of the game. Gal bringing the ball up was clobbered with no call. 3 seconds left in the game and the ref figured it would decide the game so no call. Miss St fouled to prevent an easy bucket for ND after the steal. ND hits a hail Mary three to win it. So the ref decided the game by not making the call.
Goes to show a foul is a foul no matter the game situation.

Miss St. Got screwed on the 2nd to last play of the game. Gal bringing the ball up was clobbered with no call. 3 seconds left in the game and the ref figured it would decide the game so no call. Miss St fouled to prevent an easy bucket for ND after the steal. ND hits a hail Mary three to win it. So the ref decided the game by not making the call.
Goes to show a foul is a foul no matter the game situation.
It was a disgrace to have a national championship decided by a terrible no call on what was clearly a foul.

Nd is exactly like that, except they take the top Indiana recruits which hurts Purdue.
Nothing UConn does affects Purdue.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Then it's high time Purdue gets someone who can recruit against ND. That's what Versyp was originally hired for. She has failed for years and it's way past time to make a change.
I can't believe she's still the coach! She has been successful-at completely demolishing
a top program.

I can't believe she's still the coach! She has been successful-at completely demolishing
a top program.
The change in athletic leadership helped her stay on. Her health could have been a PR nightmare as well. I think a failure to make the NCAA next year will force hand.

Last edited:
The change in athletic leadership helped. I think a failure to make the NCAA next year will force hand.
So the fans who are left supporting the program will have to endure another year of just over a mediocrity season of basketball. The Versyp era can't end soon enough for me.

Reactions: RegionWarrior101
So the fans who are left supporting the program will have to endure another year of just over a mediocrity season of basketball. The Versyp era can't end soon enough for me.
The real loss was Carolyn Peck, although she did not do much outside of Purdue. I think had she stayed, it would have been a different story. Kristi Curry did well, but the big run was with players from the previous regime. She has had modest success elsewhere. The thing is Purdue was seen as a top level women's program at the time. Now we are not in the NCAA. We have to rebuild which should have never happened.

I've got news for you, what you're doing right now isn't supporting the program. You've stated your opinion on here. It either will or won't happen. You don't need to permeate the entire board with it.

Reactions: DocRon
I would say 60% winning is modest. Not great, not awful. 0-2 in the tournament. Both stops do not have much pedigree for women's hoops.

Texas Tech has a tremendous pedigree for women's hoops.

It's a subjective term but I would not call her career since Purdue even a modest success.

12 seasons.
2 NCAA tournament bids. (Purdue has 9 in those 12 years)
0 NCAA tournament wins. (Purdue has 12 in those 12 years)
Finished better than 6th place in her conference once. (8 times)
36% winning percentage in conference play. (59%)

Right now she is living in the WNIT at Alabama.

Clearly, Purdue made her.

Texas Tech has a tremendous pedigree for women's hoops.

It's a subjective term but I would not call her career since Purdue even a modest success.

12 seasons.
2 NCAA tournament bids. (Purdue has 9 in those 12 years)
0 NCAA tournament wins. (Purdue has 12 in those 12 years)
Finished better than 6th place in her conference once. (8 times)
36% winning percentage in conference play. (59%)

Right now she is living in the WNIT at Alabama.

Clearly, Purdue made her.
And Purdue did not pay her.

It's time for Purdue to step to the plate and hire a Coach that can compete with ND type players, did it for years, Versyp can't do it, in the women's game where players stay all 4 years the need to get top 20 in the nation players is of utmost importance, #66, 89, 103 will make for decent teams that are tournament early outs.

What ranking in the BT has Purdue recruiting been lately? Anyone here anything from the AD about his thoughts on women's hoops at Purdue?

What ranking in the BT has Purdue recruiting been lately? Anyone here anything from the AD about his thoughts on women's hoops at Purdue?
I don't really care as much as other sports, but when they were rolling it was fun. As a student back in the 90s they would draw. As an alumni I would try to go to a game a year. If they were top 10 it might go back to 2-3.

First game of the tourney UCONN won by 96 points, Geno played one of his starters 29 minutes, 2 others 27 minutes, like I said, glad he lost.

The real loss was Carolyn Peck, although she did not do much outside of Purdue. I think had she stayed, it would have been a different story. Kristi Curry did well, but the big run was with players from the previous regime. She has had modest success elsewhere. The thing is Purdue was seen as a top level women's program at the time. Now we are not in the NCAA. We have to rebuild which should have never happened.

Disagree! Kristi Curry recruited Erica Valek, Shereka Wright, Shalicia Hurns, Lindsey Hicks, Beth Jones, and Cherrisse Graham to supplement players left over from Lynn Dunn's recruiting, like Kelly Komara and

I always thought Curry could recruit. She was not recruiting at the Lynn Dunn level, but still pretty good. Curry was a mediocre to poor game coach. Her record at Purdue was based on the individual skills of the players, more so than any superior coaching, IMHO.

Reactions: Gesysp
First game of the tourney UCONN won by 96 points, Geno played one of his starters 29 minutes, 2 others 27 minutes, like I said, glad he lost.

Yea. Notre Dame hasn't embarrassed anyone under McGraw ever. I might suggest that the coach of any program has a duty to keep his team sharp. The first round of the NCAA tournament is not the time to hold your team back because the road is going to get tougher the rest of the way. I have no problem with any coach playing their starters 30 minutes in any NCAA tournament game.

Thehe UCONN hate is just sour grapes. They are by far the best program and people hate them because they are.

Yea. Notre Dame hasn't embarrassed anyone under McGraw ever. I might suggest that the coach of any program has a duty to keep his team sharp. The first round of the NCAA tournament is not the time to hold your team back because the road is going to get tougher the rest of the way. I have no problem with any coach playing their starters 30 minutes in any NCAA tournament game.

Thehe UCONN hate is just sour grapes. They are by far the best program and people hate them because they are.
Well, I don't hate them. In fact I admire them. However, their dominance over WBB has been very bad for the sport as a whole.

Reactions: RegionWarrior101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT