ADVERTISEMENT

Big Maple 33-18-2-3, Celery Head 25-7-1-5

Born Boiler

Junior
Dec 6, 2006
One has led the Big Ten’s projected No. 5 to No. 1 in the nation as well as the league.

The other has led the Big Ten’s projected No. 1 into a three-way tie for third after a visit to the bottom.

No more talk about a two-man race for MVP. Apart or head-to-head, that is all over.

Now full-team full-focus goes on the bigger prize -- Big Ten trophy No. 25.

And adios to you, ESPN. After one last deuce, maybe the Big Ten’s founder, league title king and all-time record-holder over every other participant will see ya sometime when you’ve got a helluva lot more money to buy our rights. Cheap schmucks.

One has led the Big Ten’s projected No. 5 to No. 1 in the nation as well as the league.

The other has led the Big Ten’s projected No. 1 into a three-way tie for third after a visit to the bottom.

No more talk about a two-man race for MVP. Apart or head-to-head, that is all over.

And adios to you, ESPN. After one last deuce, maybe the Big Ten’s founder, league title king and all-time record-holder over every other participant will see ya sometime when you’ve got a helluva lot more money to buy our rights. Cheap schmucks.
Celery head 🤣

Adios to the four-letter indeed. Their coverage could be summed up by the graphic showing some of Purdue’s all-time greats immediately followed by Vitale yakking about the great things John Wooden did...for UCLA.

Edey has really worked himself into being a great player.
Vitale: I was at a Duke /North Carolina game once and a young Mike Jordan blah blah blah.
What the hell kind of response is that? Did you forget where you were?

Yeah they were sucking on TJD and Indianas nut most of the game. Barely giving Purdue or Edey and credit.

Reactions: pboiler18
RE Vitale: Growing up I loved the guy. You knew it was a big game when he was on the call. I'm happy for the guy that he's still doing something he loves, but by the same token it was a little sad hearing him today as he's really a shell of his former self. His voice just isn't there anymore, and I wasn't following what he was talking about.

RE Edey vs. TJD: yeah I'd give Edey the nod in this one. Probably the most efficient game of his career. However, TJD is a really good player having a great season. Im kind of surprised of the bashing he gets on these Purdue message boards. Quite frankly we couldn't stop him and it appears few others have either.

Celery head 🤣
Nothing wrong with being a celery head They sometimes
call me lettuce head. I'll put lettuce on my head while
showering to clean it for lunch. You can save a lot of time
by doing things while showering, like prepping meals. It's my
turn to cook the next Thanksgiving family meal. Gotta thoroughly clean the bird before throwing it in the oven.
I got the idea from Kramer. He has a degree in Cafeteria BS
from IU. I just got a job at an IU dorm cooking their meals.
Only problem is, i think I'm gonna need a bigger shower.
Hey, I was just making lunch. Wanna come over?

Did anyone keep count of flexes, words exchanged with the refs, or failed attempts at starting fights?

In addition to trying to provoke Gillis, who would’ve killed him, Celery wilted a couple times and got away with flops for charging calls that slowed Edey, costing him minutes and points. Called flops as they’d been during the preconference, and we win the game.

Also too late for celery. Oscar nominations were already announced.

In addition to trying to provoke Gillis, who would’ve killed him, Celery wilted a couple times and got away with flops for charging calls that slowed Edey, costing him minutes and points. Called flops as they’d been during the preconference, and we win the game.

Also too late for celery. Oscar nominations were already announced.
Yeah I enjoyed TJD pretending that he wanted some of Mason.

It's interesting that not a single one of those rednecks on the other site have mentioned it. Can you imagine if it was a Purdue player squaring up like that??
They whined about Fran crossing a line on the court.

Reactions: Schnelk
Over all, I respect TJD as a player and a person. He has grown up a lot since the Archie days. I think he is one of the good guys in CBB, even if he is a Hoosier. He and Zack seemed to have respect for each other, just watching them talk on court.

Woodson was a square guy when he played and I think he brings that same perspective to his team. Now, the IU fans and trolls are something else, but let's not conflate the two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT