ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland

pubill

Sophomore
Jan 2, 2021
Purdue just a 10-1/2 point fav at home, does not seem enough to me. I know Myld just beat Mich, but cannot see them slowing down Zach. Thoughts?

Reactions: oldboiler52
Purdue just a 10-1/2 point fav at home, does not seem enough to me. I know Myld just beat Mich, but cannot see them slowing down Zach. Thoughts?
Might be a very close game and could come down to FT's. They have either beaten some good teams or stayed really close for most of them. I like us by 6-7....hope we blow them out.

Last edited:
Something is going on for line to move that much , that quick. Hope all is well.

This is a strange line movement for sure. At full strength on both sides, PU at 12 or 9 seems to be free money. In their 4 League Road games thus far, MD has lost by an Average of 17 points (RU, UM, Iowa, Wisky). Their best win by far was at Miami 2 months ago already.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I do see it opening at 10.5 at some places. A little back and forth. Probably just following the money. I expected 10.

As you can see above, what do I know??? I thought you guys at 9 or 12 was an absolute lock. Guess that’s why Vegas is Vegas. MD came to play. Got to see a good deal of the 2nd half…mostly the parts where neither team could toss it in the ocean.

The short of it is we are going to get everyone's best game. The league will look to "even it up a bit and let Zach get hammered", and Purdue has young talent in key positions that are going to make mistakes/turnovers at critical moments. All that to say, this team seems to have the favor of God with them as you dwindle a double-digit lead and still win.

The press wore Purdue down, especially Loyer and Smith. Purdue passed on open looks the last few possessions leading to shot clock violations. ( Smith and Furst)

Reactions: drewjin
Purdue had offensive turnovers on 25% of possessions vs 16% average. Definitely worn down by the press
Not the press, they’re just worn down. 4 games in 9 days will do that. The Big 10 is really hurting their teams by the poor scheduling. If they’re going to force 20 league games, they need to drop the conference tournament and spread the schedule out more. Not going to happen, because of the money grab.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Maryland coach was able to find time to practice more than one type of defense?? Or why would he want to?

Joking aside, not a coincidence that a new coach to the league had a zone in his arsenal. B1G needs to have more of this. Being 1 dimensional and not facing multiple defenses during the conference season is not good come tournament time. If you watch other conferences you see what happened today all the time. Coach changes up his defense and other team is forced to adapt. Many times they don't.

Glad we got the win today and hopefully we learn from it. We will see this approach again in March.

Biggest issue in the tournament is how that is officiated versus the football allowed in the Big Ten. It's hard to adjust to the more free flowing game in the tourney and the players who thrive in that type of game are harder to recruit to the Big. 22 years since a NC.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Biggest issue in the tournament is how that is officiated versus the football allowed in the Big Ten. It's hard to adjust to the more free flowing game in the tourney and the players who thrive in that type of game are harder to recruit to the Big. 22 years since a NC.
Given that Purdue plays fundamental basketball and doesn’t foul excessively, I think a tighter whistle helps Purdue. Edey gets hammered all the time and most of it doesn’t get called in the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT