ADVERTISEMENT

U19 Games TV or stream??

*** Great way to avoid the dreaded IQ reference.

tenor.gif

Next games are July 6:

1:30 Eastern - USA

5:00AM Eastern - Canada - breakfast in Latvia

Reactions: punaj
He is playing very consistently.

In the first 2 games, Zach had 31 rebounds in 47 minutes, which is a ridiculously high number of rebounds.

I just watched the first half of their game vs Senegal, and Edey's play was impressive.

He looks much like the player we watched last season, but more refined.
  • He never seemed to lack for confidence, but now looks more comfortable on the floor.
  • His upper body seems slightly more defined in the arms, but still could add some strength
  • He rebounds out of his area, as Painter said on occasion last season, which is special for a body of his size. He is credited with 17 boards, but should get several assists on offensive rebounds where he caused the action to take place.
  • In a game with few timeouts & no commercial breaks, he rarely (if ever) seemed winded. Yet another special quality for a body of his size
I could go on, but I'm just shaking my head that this kid only started playing a few years ago. He looks like a dominant force, and I'm not sure how he stays on the bench this season.

I just watched the first half of their game vs Senegal, and Edey's play was impressive.

He looks much like the player we watched last season, but more refined.
  • He never seemed to lack for confidence, but now looks more comfortable on the floor.
  • His upper body seems slightly more defined in the arms, but still could add some strength
  • He rebounds out of his area, as Painter said on occasion last season, which is special for a body of his size. He is credited with 17 boards, but should get several assists on offensive rebounds where he caused the action to take place.
  • In a game with few timeouts & no commercial breaks, he rarely (if ever) seemed winded. Yet another special quality for a body of his size
I could go on, but I'm just shaking my head that this kid only started playing a few years ago. He looks like a dominant force, and I'm not sure how he stays on the bench this season.
I can count on one hand the number of humans I have seen that possess that combination of size, quickness, and coordination. Freakish.

I don't know if anyone has looked at the Group Stage scoring, but it seems pretty stupid. You get 2 points for a win and 1 for a loss. Huh??

And all 16 teams make the bracket play. There should be a winners and consolation bracket if you want everyone to play the same number of games.

Anyway, Canada plays Puerto Rico (I thought that was a US Territory?) and the USA plays Korea (North or South?). Canada would play the US in the Semis.

If I'm doing my timezones right, Canada plays at Noon CT tomorrow. USA plays at 11:30am CT so concurrently.

I think 12:30 central tomorrow for USA vs Korea

1:00 central for Canada vs Puerto Rico

Last edited:
I believe the times for tomorrow are 1:30 eastern for USA game
2:00 eastern for Canada game

Reactions: TX4GB
It looks like ESPN must have bought the rights to todays game and it will only be available on ESPN+.
Oh ok I wondered why I didn’t see the USA and Canada games on the FIBA YouTube channel. They are streaming the Iran vs. Mali game if anyone is really needing a basketball fix.

Oh ok I wondered why I didn’t see the USA and Canada games on the FIBA YouTube channel. They are streaming the Iran vs. Mali game if anyone is really needing a basketball fix.

I'm not that foregone yet, but thanks for the update TX4GB. :)

• Haha
Think about going against Zach as a backup. Cant recall a team with 2 potential All B1G 5's on the same roster. We have great depth at every position

I'm looking forward to Ivey and Furst going up against Zach. I think the US wins, but Zach as a Boiler this will be a very fun matchup.
Too bad this game will also only be on Espn+. Maybe I'll add it to my HULU account for one month if that is possible.

Too bad this game will also only be on Espn+. Maybe I'll add it to my HULU account for one month if that is possible.
See if Disney Plus combo has a free 7 day trial.
I watched the game no issues on youtube?? its still up and can be watched at anytime. Furst had a good game with 12 on 6/6 shooting. Ivey started slow but got all his 9 pts in about three min. Korea was no match for team USA

FIBA U19 World Cup
Korea game was on YouTube live. Last game and future ones will be ESPN+

Reactions: Esox54547
Canada already played, pulled the (probably slight) upset of Spain. Edey's best game yet with 24 pts 15 rebs 4 blks

USA plays at 11 east coast time
GBI says that Canada has never beaten Spain in this event (0-6) before today.

Ivey with only 2pts and 8:40 logged. Keeping him fresh for 4th?

*Doesn't appear he started

Last edited:
He's still learning, but he does have an intangible feel for the game and very agile for his height. A lot of coaches would take CMP's problems this year I bet. As an aside, that may not happen to Holmgren again all year......unless Purdue plays Gonzaga. :)
Going to be hard to keep Z out of the starting lineup this year...

Reactions: Purdue80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT