ADVERTISEMENT

TV streaming question

Schnelk

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
New Haven, In
Hulu just blocked me with a demand for $8 more a month with no way around it. It's already $82/mo, but that's not my point. And then when I consider it's owned by Disney it settles it. I'm cancelling.
Please, someone suggest another service that I can get all of our bball and fball games (and the NFL).
Thank you in advance.

I switched to YouTube TV a year ago and I'm happy with it. I did it to keep getting NFL Sunday Ticket. I'd say my only real gripe is that it doesn't have Marquee Network for the Cubs. Navigating isn't the easiest, but my kid doesn't have any issues so maybe it's just me being old.

Easy... Sling. To be honest, I don't know why anyone would pay for anything else. Never had a problem with them, and they're by far the cheapest option out there.

Reactions: Schnelk
We switched to You Tube TV also about a year ago. We love it. Also love the portability for when we move around to FL and MT. I'm not familiar with Sling, so that's why I asked above about the cost and channels.

Can you share what you pay monthly for Sling? Does it include all the networks PU plays on except Peacock of course?
Pricing varies according to where you live. In the Detroit market I pay $40/mo for the "Blue" package, but that doesn't include ESPN. If you want an all-inclusive package with both Orange and Blue the price is $60/mo. If you don't mind missing the rare game that ESPN picks up, just shoot for Blue.

FYI I watched just about every game last year without a hitch, but I also ponied up for Peacock.

Hulu just blocked me with a demand for $8 more a month with no way around it. It's already $82/mo, but that's not my point. And then when I consider it's owned by Disney it settles it. I'm cancelling.
Please, someone suggest another service that I can get all of our bball and fball games (and the NFL).
Thank you in advance.
We use YouTubeTV for about $73/month. It has everything I need. We also bought the Peacock yearly subscription last fall for $39. YouTubeTV now has the NFL Sunday Ticket. If you order in the summer, you save about $50. With these 2 services, I didn't miss a game last year.

I also have YouTubeTV. I like it. My only complaint is I don't get the Reds games down here in South Texas.

Fubo, anyone?
Fubo would freeze a lot for me and have really awful picture..wouldn’t focus..have fiber internet with 1 gbps. Switched to YT tv same
Night and had no issues and picture was crystal clear. Plus with YY tv you can go double or quad box for games

I switched to YouTube TV a year ago and I'm happy with it. I did it to keep getting NFL Sunday Ticket. I'd say my only real gripe is that it doesn't have Marquee Network for the Cubs. Navigating isn't the easiest, but my kid doesn't have any issues so maybe it's just me being old.
Looking to cut costs as I retired this past March, I switched to YouTube TV a few months ago, after years of having DirecTV. Saving about $150 per month. For Marquee, I stream using a friend’s DirecTV log in, in exchange for one of our apps.

Chi-Boiler, have you seen anything RE: YouTube adding the new CHSN for the Bulls, Hawks and WSox?

Add an antenna, you get all the locals and their FREE!
Yeah I have that too. Sometimes the local channels go in and out though during broadcast which can be annoying…not ALL the time but seems to be when I really want to watch the game 😂

Reactions: Tommaker
Chi-Boiler, have you seen anything RE: YouTube adding the new CHSN for the Bulls, Hawks and WSox?
I have not, but I have to assume it will be a natural thing. Those things usually are. I do have to watch out for it at work too as we have DirecTV there. So actually thanks for reminding me about that. Do you know when the switchover is?

I have not, but I have to assume it will be a natural thing. Those things usually are. I do have to watch out for it at work too as we have DirecTV there. So actually thanks for reminding me about that. Do you know when the switchover is?
I believe the CWS finish the season out on NBCSN but the Hawks and Bulls begin preseason games on CHSN. There may be a bit of overlap.

I also have YouTubeTV. I like it. My only complaint is I don't get the Reds games down here in South Texas.
Uzzu, all the mlb games (only live, no re-starts or watching it on demand.) $120 year for all the teams. A lot of NBA games, some NFL and lots of other channels connected to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT