ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at streaming services for Purdue football this fall.

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Had YouTube TV last year which was okay, got it for 3 months @ $50, then it bumped up to $60. It's now $70 a month. Interesting to note, Sling starts their basic package at $35, goes to $50 for ESPN/FS1 etc., then an additional $15 for the conference networks like BTN (total of $65). So that tells you how big a chunk of the cost is for the spots packages. Vidgo plus is $60, Hulu live $70. I do so wish there was an ala cart streaming service.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Its that time of year again.

I've used both YouTube TV and Hulu. With either subscription I subscribe right before the Boilers kick off and cut it in March.

They both seem about the same to me regarding function and sports programming. Cost is about the same as well.

Youtube keeps offering me 1 free month so I might go with them this year.

I wish there was a sports only bundle as thats really all I need.

Its that time of year again.

I've used both YouTube TV and Hulu. With either subscription I subscribe right before the Boilers kick off and cut it in March.

They both seem about the same to me regarding function and sports programming. Cost is about the same as well.

Youtube keeps offering me 1 free month so I might go with them this year.

I wish there was a sports only bundle as thats really all I need.
You wonder what the market would be if someone went to the schools and said "hey, let us have all collegiate" and they turned around and charged $20 a month for it. Could be a case where sheer numbers makes their profit for them.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
You wonder what the market would be if someone went to the schools and said "hey, let us have all collegiate" and they turned around and charged $20 a month for it. Could be a case where sheer numbers makes their profit for them.
But some of us also want those Lifetime Christmas movies in July! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: Tommaker
I love Hulu+ live TV. Worth it to me and then some.

If you want to go on the cheap, make a dozen burner Gmail accounts for each week of the season and do a different free trial for each game. Just don’t forget to cancel.

Reactions: Tommaker
Fubo.tv is the best I've seen. It has all the big sports, lots of shows, live tv, dvr and it's $70 per month. It's a great Netflix substitute.

ADVERTISEMENT