ADVERTISEMENT

How are Purdue players doing in the NFL?

mediaexpert

True Freshman
Jan 19, 2007
Plano
I noticed that David Bell was cut. I had high hopes for him.

I saw Charlie Jones caught a pass.

George Karlaftis looked like he had a pretty good day.

How about others?

Bentley, Derrick barnes, and misters had very typical but unspectacular days. Tyrone Tracy ran twice for 2 and 0 yards.

Reactions: mediaexpert
I missed Bell getting cut. He had made the initial 53 on cut-down day. They did have a lot of WRs in their room.

Bentley had a good game from what I saw and may have gotten away with a bad hit on Burrow. Barnes looked good.

Charlie is basically going to be a kick returner for Cincy. If he doesn't break one, he won't be noticed. He's 5th on the WR depth chart so even without Higgins he didn't see much run on offense.

I thought George was unspectacular on Thursday. He did have one play where he forced Lamar into a bad throw. Also got blown up by Likely on a block that looked fairly embarrassing. I'm guessing Kane played on special teams but I didn't see him.

Minshew looked meh for the Raiders, so I'm still hopeful Aidan can get back in there at some point. They're going to be really bad.

Bell was resigned to the practice squad. Feel bad for Rondale suffering another season-ending injury. I've pretty much given up on the Falcons for now (28-3 trauma is real), but I would have liked to see him with another opportunity.

Mostert also had a pretty meh game for the Dolphins.

Bell got signed to the 53 again today because the Browns had a bunch of bad injuries. None of them were at WR though, so playing time still might not really happen.

Bell got signed to the 53 again today because the Browns had a bunch of bad injuries. None of them were at WR though, so playing time still might not really happen.
I know this is your livelihood, but I don't understand this part about being a GM. I would look for a team that had a starting WR injured and trade the #4 or #5 WR and get a great deal. I doubt he runs routes better than Bell or has better hands, but he may be faster. The Browns would lose a little there, but make up for it at a position of need with a fine player. The only possible reason is that no one has lost a WR yet, and they want to hold on to Bell for a great trade later. Am I right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT