ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Spread for Nebraska Game...

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Currently the spread for the game is 24 points. Nebraska has a 94% chance of winning according to ESPN's FPI as well. Maybe some one can refresh my memory and answer if this is the worst pre-game spread Purdue has faced since Tiller's arrival?

Currently the spread for the game is 24 points. Nebraska has a 94% chance of winning according to ESPN's FPI as well. Maybe some one can refresh my memory and answer if this is the worst pre-game spread Purdue has faced since Tiller's arrival?

Who cares? The Haze is gone and we will move on.

I don't think we will lose this game by more than 24 points.

It will be interesting to see how the team responds. That being said, I'm sure NEB is anxious for payback. 24 points seems about right particularly if we don't get some guys back on defense.

Nebraska is beat up pretty good at the moment. Armstrong is hobbled, 3 starting o-linemen could be out for the game (two of them being the tackles). The defense is much improved over last year though. I don't think Purdue puts up the points they did last year. But Nebraska's offense will be hurt. Possibly 3 offensive line starters could be current/former walk-ons.

Nebraska is beat up pretty good at the moment. Armstrong is hobbled, 3 starting o-linemen could be out for the game (two of them being the tackles). The defense is much improved over last year though. I don't think Purdue puts up the points they did last year. But Nebraska's offense will be hurt. Possibly 3 offensive line starters could be current/former walk-ons.
makes little difference if Replogle isnt playing.

Can't wait to watch Leroy Clark play patty cake this weekend again with a NEB ball carrier & blocker

I wonder how much the Nebraska injuries will really matter. My gut tells me this will be a bloodbath. Partly to avenge the humiliation Nebraska suffered @ Purdue last year, and partly because this will be Purdue's first game under an interim coach. The last time that happened, Purdue got waxed 58-14 by OK State in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

IMO: Nebraska will be similarly motivated. I'm bracing for the worst this weekend, and I don't expect Nebraska to ease up like Iowa did.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
I'm more interesting to see what the offense looks like now that Hazell has no input into playcalling. That being said, yes the entire spread shifts 2 scores either way depending on whether Replogle and Bentley are on the field.

Reactions: pboiler18
I wonder how much the Nebraska injuries will really matter. My gut tells me this will be a bloodbath. Partly to avenge the humiliation Nebraska suffered @ Purdue last year, and partly because this will be Purdue's first game under an interim coach. The last time that happened, Purdue got waxed 58-14 by OK State in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

IMO: Nebraska will be similarly motivated. I'm bracing for the worst this weekend, and I don't expect Nebraska to ease up like Iowa did.
yep bloodbath...

A good friend of mine is from NB. His son played on special teams for NB about 5 years ago. Husker football is a religion there and he text me yesterday saying it is time for revenge. They did not take well the loss is WL last year to a struggling Purdue team. He wasn't kidding, they want some payback.

A good friend of mine is from NB. His son played on special teams for NB about 5 years ago. Husker football is a religion there and he text me yesterday saying it is time for revenge. They did not take well the loss is WL last year to a struggling Purdue team. He wasn't kidding, they want some payback.
The team is down playing the "revenge" headline but everyone knows its on their minds. This was the game last year where Nebraska was humiliated and the team finally decided it was time to listen to the coaches and not fight the new staff. We are 9-1 since our Purdue loss last year.

The team is pretty badly hurt on offense but the defense is healthy and I expect them to play with a chip on their shoulder after the 50+ points they gave up last year.

I havent spent much time around the Nebraska Fan Base ( only that first game in Ross Ade), but those people are crude and rude! Real animals! They will be out in force saturday. However, I look for a better played game on our part and a score closer than 24 points. However...no Purdue win.

Who cares? The Haze is gone and we will move on.

I don't think we will lose this game by more than 24 points.

Exactly, Hazell is gone so everyone should be rejoicing still. Just enjoy the season for what it is. We will lose Saturday but Purdue players will be motivated.

I havent spent much time around the Nebraska Fan Base ( only that first game in Ross Ade), but those people are crude and rude! Real animals! They will be out in force saturday. However, I look for a better played game on our part and a score closer than 24 points. However...no Purdue win.

Gotta disagree Phil. The Husker fans I've been around are passionate and gracious. Understand that we can't "blanket cover" everyone but each one I've had interaction with have been great.

Gotta disagree Phil. The Husker fans I've been around are passionate and gracious. Understand that we can't "blanket cover" everyone but each one I've had interaction with have been great.
Yeah, I sat near a bunch of Nebraska fans last year at the game, and the only douche around was a Purdue fan, yelling at the Husker receiver that kept getting hurt. I told him to shut up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT