ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Kaufman

Look again... below that
You are literally an idiot. As of today those are the predictions because those 3 analysts put in the predictions on FEBRUARY 17TH. That’s before Furst committed. They did not update it today. If you look tomorrow it will say “As of 3/11/20”. That doesn’t mean those 3 analysts all updated it. It just means that date is the current date.

You are literally an idiot. As of today those are the predictions because those 3 analysts put in the predictions on FEBRUARY 17TH. That’s before Furst committed. They did not update it today. If you look tomorrow it will say “As of 3/11/20”. That doesn’t mean those 3 analysts all updated it. It just means that date is the current date.
I admit I don't know, but would you "update" if there were no changes? How do I know whether the 2/17 predictions are still believed and therefore not changed versus just not updated with some change? Bottom line it doesn't matter. We will soon find out

I admit I don't know, but would you "update" if there were no changes? How do I know whether the 2/17 predictions are still believed and therefore not changed versus just not updated with some change? Bottom line it doesn't matter. We will soon find out
Do you know how many recruits these guys are following? They don’t have time to change picks every time a commitment happens that could effect the recruitment. You are correct that we will find out soon.

Reactions: tjreese
You’re the only idiot... you think they changed their mind and haven’t updated that they’ve changed their mind.

You are literally a jackass but I should have known that by your handle. I get it that calling others "an idiot" is appropriate when discussing among IU fans but not so much here.

Reactions: *4purdue*
Haha- name calling. You lose.

You are literally a jackass but I should have known that by your handle. I get it that calling others "an idiot" is appropriate when discussing among IU fans but not so much here.
Dude.... he probably keeps refreshing that site waiting for them to change their mind to say IU is the leader. The funny thing is, the 3 people predicting on that site don’t know $#!+ either.

@Purdue85 must have lost first then.

Thoughts and prayers.

I really hope you're going to be okay, but just in case...

51jjCXnetBL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Dude.... he probably keeps refreshing that site waiting for them to change their mind to say IU is the leader. The funny thing is, the 3 people predicting on that site don’t know $#!+ either.
Who knows what goes on in a recruits home.

Reactions: *4purdue*
haven't been there in many, many months, but just went. couldn't see anything to see what their opinions were and "why" those opinions existed if there was a "why"...

Course if Ingram were to pull the trigger a lot of suspense would go away. Purdue is building a "team" it appears.

I got band from IU’s Rival site years ago but sometimes read their Board on 247 and a third one occasionally “ Hoosier Sports Nation”. That’s the one I’ve seen regarding Kaufman...It was a hot topic after Furst’s committment.

I got band from IU’s Rival site years ago but sometimes read their Board on 247 and a third one occasionally “ Hoosier Sports Nation”. That’s the one I’ve seen regarding Kaufman...It was a hot topic after Furst’s committment.
What more can you say about a low class joint than that they would ban a true learned southern lady from their midst?

Reactions: BoilerGal74
I don't follow high school enough to have teh background in a given player relative to those basketball attributes I might see. There is a LOT of talent out there...a lot. Different talents, styles of play range over the map and other than the very top rated players thelines of demarcation are blurred. Who are the players that fit physically and mentally on a team, the ones that share a common focus and joins in with the leaders of a team for personal improvement...the ones that are NOT satisifed, but work daily to improve. Outside of the top talent it appears a bit of a crap shoot. Maybe the kids have all that, but misses home? Look at IU and the players Purdue recruited that went to IU or are going next year. On the IU bench you can find Davis that no doubt would have been a better player at Purdue. Anderson who rarely ever sees the court...Matt wanted. Franklin, he too hasn't played as much as his buddy Thompson. Will he look back and wonder what if? Phinisee, he does play but his teams have never beaten Purdue and he is half way through his career. How big of a gap would there be between Purdue and IU had TJD went to Purdue? IU almost always has higher rated players than Purdue, and in many cases players Purdue recruited, but Purdue still wins and so what are these things not rated that appear to make a difference...things that Matt thought were in IU players that Purdue recruited and apparently don't exist or don't today or at IU? I can't put all the differences due to coaching and we can't say that Purdue gets the higher rated players. Is there a "culture" that can go either way that all coaches want, but is fleeting for some, that has a direct bearing on individual growth? We all have been tempted to impulsive buying, to that shiny object...but can that be fools gold rather than a "more" substantive decision?

Changing direction a bit but what I am curious about is the height of Furst and Kaufman. I thought Furst was around 6'9-6'10" amd Kaufman was pushing 6'9"? Rivals states 6'7" for Kaufman and was hopeful he was a bit taller...which he may be?

What I am curious about is the height of Furst and Kaufman. I thought Furst was around 6'9-6'10" amd Kaufman was pushing 6'9"? Rivals states 6'7" for Kaufman and was hopeful he was a bit taller...which he may be?

Their schools played each other this season and I believe there is video of it. Would be curious to see it and see if the height difference is notable. Granted it might be hard to notice a 1-3 inch difference especially on a video.

Their schools played each other this season and I believe there is video of it. Would be curious to see it and see if the height difference is notable. Granted it might be hard to notice a 1-3 inch difference especially on a video.
Apologies for bringing a Rabjohns photo into the mix but shows some size differential on them.

Highlight video

Apologies for bringing a Rabjohns photo into the mix but shows some size differential on them.

Highlight video
will catch the video, but in the pic it appears his legs are bent as he is stepping over to set a back screen it appears. That said he does seem fairly long from the knee down in the pic. Wish there was someone that actually talked to him with a good estimate for my own greedy understanding. ;) decent side by side at 3:28 in video

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Changing direction a bit but what I am curious about is the height of Furst and Kaufman. I thought Furst was around 6'9-6'10" amd Kaufman was pushing 6'9"? Rivals states 6'7" for Kaufman and was hopeful he was a bit taller...which he may be?

Noticed that yesterday.

24/7 has both listed as 6'8" PF
Rivals has Furst 6'9", Kaufman 6'7"

Not sure if this has been posted before, but below is a video (highlights) of the two squaring off at Southport last December.

Also, HERE is a link to an article giving the rundown of the game. To TJ's point, the two clearly have very different styles of play, and could easily be on the court together (much to the chagrin of our resident IU buddies).

The video wasn't too flattering to Kaufman, IMHO.

Furst is a good 6'9 with a solid build, Kauffman in the 6'7-6'8 range but doesn't look like he may be done growing.

I don't follow high school enough to have teh background in a given player relative to those basketball attributes I might see. There is a LOT of talent out there...a lot. Different talents, styles of play range over the map and other than the very top rated players thelines of demarcation are blurred. Who are the players that fit physically and mentally on a team, the ones that share a common focus and joins in with the leaders of a team for personal improvement...the ones that are NOT satisifed, but work daily to improve. Outside of the top talent it appears a bit of a crap shoot. Maybe the kids have all that, but misses home? Look at IU and the players Purdue recruited that went to IU or are going next year. On the IU bench you can find Davis that no doubt would have been a better player at Purdue. Anderson who rarely ever sees the court...Matt wanted. Franklin, he too hasn't played as much as his buddy Thompson. Will he look back and wonder what if? Phinisee, he does play but his teams have never beaten Purdue and he is half way through his career. How big of a gap would there be between Purdue and IU had TJD went to Purdue? IU almost always has higher rated players than Purdue, and in many cases players Purdue recruited, but Purdue still wins and so what are these things not rated that appear to make a difference...things that Matt thought were in IU players that Purdue recruited and apparently don't exist or don't today or at IU? I can't put all the differences due to coaching and we can't say that Purdue gets the higher rated players. Is there a "culture" that can go either way that all coaches want, but is fleeting for some, that has a direct bearing on individual growth? We all have been tempted to impulsive buying, to that shiny object...but can that be fools gold rather than a "more" substantive decision?

To talk about the differences in these kids who picked IU over Purdue - there is probably a lot to it.

Damezi- believe pressure was applied when Jerome Hunter committed and the final spot was between him and Aaron Henry. Not sure if things would have worked differently if he picks Purdue or not.

TJD - I believe we were in the mix. There was discussion how Dale liked how Purdue developed and used their bigs but don’t think he is an influence in his life. Archie sold him on being a focal point and that he could start day 1. Also pretty sure his proximity to IU helped them. IU fans can correct me but he basically lived at IUs campus his senior year.

Rob - he just wasn’t interested in Purdue. I get it, he wanted to get away from his hometown and do something else. Looking at his ball handling and ability to run the point, he would have fit well here.

Franklin - think it came down to the fact he and Newman didn’t want to play on the same team. He, IT and Newman all visited the same day. There is a photo that IT or Newman posted that had all three of them in it in Purdue jersey’s but he was cropped out. Based on Newman taking a RS not sure the results would have been different with him at Purdue.

To me it is obvious that Archie and staff has a good vision to sell these kids on building a new powerhouse in the state. He needed to clean house and build something and he could offer immediate playing time.

Noticed that yesterday.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but below is a video (highlights) of the two squaring off at Southport last December.

Also, HERE is a link to an article giving the rundown of the game. To TJ's point, the two clearly have very different styles of play, and could easily be on the court together (much to the chagrin of our resident IU buddies).

Yeah not the most flattering for Kaufman but he had a teammate go off for +30 which is the only reason they won.

I think Painter is trying to sell a vision on how they can play side by side and create space for each other. If you look at MSU they basically have 2 PFs playing side by side. The two keys - one has to be able to hit from 3 to extend the defense and both have to be above average passers if/when a double comes.

To talk about the differences in these kids who picked IU over Purdue - there is probably a lot to it.

Damezi- believe pressure was applied when Jerome Hunter committed and the final spot was between him and Aaron Henry. Not sure if things would have worked differently if he picks Purdue or not.

TJD - I believe we were in the mix. There was discussion how Dale liked how Purdue developed and used their bigs but don’t think he is an influence in his life. Archie sold him on being a focal point and that he could start day 1. Also pretty sure his proximity to IU helped them. IU fans can correct me but he basically lived at IUs campus his senior year.

Rob - he just wasn’t interested in Purdue. I get it, he wanted to get away from his hometown and do something else. Looking at his ball handling and ability to run the point, he would have fit well here.

Franklin - think it came down to the fact he and Newman didn’t want to play on the same team. He, IT and Newman all visited the same day. There is a photo that IT or Newman posted that had all three of them in it in Purdue jersey’s but he was cropped out. Based on Newman taking a RS not sure the results would have been different with him at Purdue.

To me it is obvious that Archie and staff has a good vision to sell these kids on building a new powerhouse in the state. He needed to clean house and build something and he could offer immediate playing time.

Good assessment.

Anderson--I think both Archie and Painter saw a lot more in Anderson than what translates to this level. It's not a matter of "Archie can't develop talent, he would have been a star at Purdue because Painter can" type of deal. He was an exceptional scorer in high school who was simply better than his level of competition, but he's not a high BBIQ player nor a great athlete. Defensively he's not very good at all and I don't see it being any different if he was at Purdue. I suspect he'll transfer out at the end of the year and play in a mid-major conference where if he puts it all together could salvage a decent college career.

TJD--he's been IU's best player from day 1, not really much else to say. Need to see him develop more of a mid-range but he's a workhorse and I expect he'll change for first team all-conference next year

Rob--Jury still out on Phinisee. He was phenomenal at times last year and has been this year, but I'm not convinced his been healthy at any period of time this year. Started the year with an abdominal injury that some believe to be a hernia, has had ankle problem, and also got whacked in the head earlier in the year that may have prompted recurring concussion symptoms that plagued him the second half the season last year.

Franklin---guessing Franklin would have redshirted had he gone to Purdue and likely something he wasn't interested in. IT has been able to get minutes this year at Purdue over Newman because Purdue needed another ballhandler off the bench. Franklin is an off-ball guard and would have likely been in the same boat as Newman. Franklin has played like a freshman this year and that was expected but also has given IU some crucial run in big games. Scored 17 points in the win against ND.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Noticed that yesterday.

it appeared to be more interested in Furst who looked really good, becasue there just wasn't a lot of video on Trey. Does the coach not use him as much? @3:28 there is a good side by side and I wouldn't guess 2 inches between them. It was mostly Furst and #32 on Treys team.

Good assessment.

Anderson--I think both Archie and Painter saw a lot more in Anderson than what translates to this level. It's not a matter of "Archie can't develop talent, he would have been a star at Purdue because Painter can" type of deal. He was an exceptional scorer in high school who was simply better than his level of competition, but he's not a high BBIQ player nor a great athlete. Defensively he's not very good at all and I don't see it being any different if he was at Purdue. I suspect he'll transfer out at the end of the year and play in a mid-major conference where if he puts it all together could salvage a decent college career.

TJD--he's been IU's best player from day 1, not really much else to say. Need to see him develop more of a mid-range but he's a workhorse and I expect he'll change for first team all-conference next year

Rob--Jury still out on Phinisee. He was phenomenal at times last year and has been this year, but I'm not convinced his been healthy at any period of time this year. Started the year with an abdominal injury that some believe to be a hernia, has had ankle problem, and also got whacked in the head earlier in the year that may have prompted recurring concussion symptoms that plagued him the second half the season last year.

Franklin---guessing Franklin would have redshirted had he gone to Purdue and likely something he wasn't interested in. IT has been able to get minutes this year at Purdue over Newman because Purdue needed another ballhandler off the bench. Franklin is an off-ball guard and would have likely been in the same boat as Newman. Franklin has played like a freshman this year and that was expected but also has given IU some crucial run in big games. Scored 17 points in the win against ND.
Agree on Anderson - sad to see because I thought he was going to be a good player. Honestly thought he was going to be a Purdue killer when he signed there. Perhaps it was a bad omen from the jump when his commitment post he said University of Indiana v Indiana University....Is there sentiment on if he stays? I could see him thriving at MAC team like Miami of OH or something similar.

TJD - don't you dare dash my hopes that Purdue had a chance! (tic)

Those can all be true, but it isn't like Purdue just started beating IU or that during those times Purdue had higher rated players. Some of those players pulled the trigger for IU rather quickly I thought (understand Phinisee) and so I wonder what triggered such a quick decision other than a desire to go there before the offers? It doesn't matter other than I think a few of those players would have been better at Purdue "moreso" than I think those players would have immediately helped Purdue..other than TJD.

Good assessment.

relative to your Anderson comment, but applicable to all concerning BBIQ. Just how many IU players the last few years had a high BBIQ?

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT