ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight’s game will be about the backcourt rather than Edey

Nov 5, 2022
Smith and either Jones or Loyer need to have really good games, especially in providing some offensive production and limiting turnovers. Last years struggles against IU revealed the teams’ overall reduced ceiling because of backcourt athleticism and play. Tine for Smith and company to take a big step forward.

Reactions: lovelyblonde
Yep. The good news is IU doesn't have the guards from last year and our guard play has improved.

Purdue keys to the game:
- Limit turnovers
- Dominate the paint on O and D
- Hit outside shots when they gang up on Zach

This forces IU to play outside, where they have not been strong.

Agree. Last year in first game Purdue had 12 turnovers to 3 for IU. Hopefully the pressure from IU can be handled better this year. Also had 41% FT shooting to 58% for IU. . Purdue had 9 more rebounds, lost by three at IU.

Game two the difference was three point percentage, 46% for IU, and 21% for Purdue. Hopefully our guards and Gillis can do better. IU may have their best three point shooting game of the season. Purdue shot 21 more free throws. IU fans probably thought Mackey was hall of calls.

Smith and either Jones or Loyer need to have really good games, especially in providing some offensive production and limiting turnovers. Last years struggles against IU revealed the teams’ overall reduced ceiling because of backcourt athleticism and play. Tine for Smith and company to take a big step forward.

Most games it is a combo of guards and Edey. Rarely is it one or the other.

I predict if Galloway connects on and hammers home a windmill dunk in Edeys face, that there will be a 4.4 earthquake in Southern Indiana.

Good call

Braden is getting too many minutes in my opinion. I am not the coach of one of the best teams in the country and don't claim to be, but Braden needs to last into March and he works harder than anyone because he brings the ball up most of the time. Painter needs to save his legs. Once they are gone, they are gone for a while.

Braden is getting too many minutes in my opinion. I am not the coach of one of the best teams in the country and don't claim to be, but Braden needs to last into March and he works harder than anyone because he brings the ball up most of the time. Painter needs to save his legs. Once they are gone, they are gone for a while.

Even though Braden had an average game tonight, still played great with out scoring.....given the score, for his long-term, I believe you are correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjmpu82
I have to think that as long as he has recovery time between games, his legs should be fine. Last year, I thought he got mentally tired, but physically I tend to think that the big minutes are improving his conditioning and making him better able to handle them.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Agree 💯

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT