ADVERTISEMENT

To help with a few missed recruits

the kid can catch it for sure

looks like the mighty boilers should offer his qb. hit him on the numbers in stride

the kid can catch it for sure

looks like the mighty boilers should offer his qb. hit him on the numbers in stride

Hell no. We don’t need his mom going onto the field if he get’s injured. I had to see the elder George on the field for his son’s youth football and I threw up a little every time I saw him. One time he left the field on a cart. I wonder if he pulled his groin watching his kid play.

Last edited:
DE, refresh my memory about his dad's history with purdue. did he enroll and then transfer to illinois? maybe committed and backed out? did he ever play for purdue?

I'm not destewart, but, yes, he played for Purdue for 1 season then transferred to Illinois after the HC (Burtnett) was fired.

It was a bad decision, bringing in Fred Akers.

I'm not destewart, but, yes, he played for Purdue for 1 season then transferred to Illinois after the HC (Burtnett) was fired.

It was a bad decision, bringing in Fred Akers.
It turned out to be a bad decision when Akers was hired, however when he initially was, there certainly was an excitement around the program similar to now with Brohm. Akers brought in some very highly rated recruits, but it never materialized on the field for wins.

Reactions: 70boiler
It turned out to be a bad decision when Akers was hired, however when he initially was, there certainly was an excitement around the program similar to now with Brohm. Akers brought in some very highly rated recruits, but it never materialized on the field for wins.

Akers was not a good fit (style of play being one primary reason).

Completely disagree about the buzz surrounding the program. He won only 3 games his first year, 4 his second, and 3 the next two. He never really created the kind of excitement and optimism like Brohm. Brohm has generated that excitement in a few key areas: On-field execution and playcalling, beating some "name" opponents, getting to bowl games, and getting big name recruits. Akers never came close.

Completely disagree about the buzz surrounding the program. He won only 3 games his first year, 4 his second, and 3 the next two. He never really created the kind of excitement and optimism like Brohm. Brohm has generated that excitement in a few key areas: On-field execution and playcalling, beating some "name" opponents, getting to bowl games, and getting big name recruits. Akers never came close.
When he was first named as the Purdue coach there was plenty of excitement. Many thought he could bring Purdue to a new level as he was a successful coach at Texas. I guess he fooled me as that element wore off fast.

Damn the slow-mo is awesome and shows his body control.

Coach from a prominent Indy area school said this: "David Bell may be the best WR I've ever witnessed in person and his ability to take over a game from the WR position is simply unreal. He also might be the best overall player I've seen come out of Indy and Indiana in quite awhile. There is a reason why he was a huge recruit.' Said he was really surprised David chose Purdue and it might be a bigger recruiting win for Purdue than GK for the simple fact that it showed Indy-are top flight talent can go to Purdue. If Bell has a big freshman season, he said it could lead to big things recruiting wise for Purdue in Indy because Bell was so well respected and well liked.

When he was first named as the Purdue coach there was plenty of excitement. Many thought he could bring Purdue to a new level as he was a successful coach at Texas. I guess he fooled me as that element wore off fast.
If you look at Akers record before here, it was very similar to Les Miles. It was a huge hire that fizzled almost immediately.

If you look at Akers record before here, it was very similar to Les Miles. It was a huge hire that fizzled almost immediately.
I just don't see how Kansas and Miles line up culturally at all. I guess what their angle MIGHT be is sort of a reverse Tiller in that the Big 12 tends to be wide open offenses that spread the field and Miles is going to try and bring a smash mouth type of offense similar to that of Wisconsin and UM. I could see that working IF he can get some big, powerful OL and a very, very good RB in much the same way as it did for Tiller...but I have little to no faith it will work.

I'm glad Miles didn't come here because there is little doubt now that he would have brought any other offensive style than what he has shown at Kansas up to this point and what he had at LSU.

you could be right. Maybe I just wasn't in the loop.

I never got that excited about it, and the people I knew never got that excited about it.

Most of the feedback I got was, it was more about the excitement of moving on from an era full of promise, with tremendous talent but mediocre results.

Coach from a prominent Indy area school said this: "David Bell may be the best WR I've ever witnessed in person and his ability to take over a game from the WR position is simply unreal. He also might be the best overall player I've seen come out of Indy and Indiana in quite awhile. There is a reason why he was a huge recruit.' Said he was really surprised David chose Purdue and it might be a bigger recruiting win for Purdue than GK for the simple fact that it showed Indy-are top flight talent can go to Purdue. If Bell has a big freshman season, he said it could lead to big things recruiting wise for Purdue in Indy because Bell was so well respected and well liked.
So, I keep thinking how Moore came in as a 3* WR, and basically shocked everyone, on how good he really is. Do you really think Bell will be that good? If so, this offense could be breathtaking, with Moore, Bell, Wright, Rice, and Hopkins, at TE. And when they open up the field, I believe we've got three really good RB's in Fuller, Horvath, and King. Man, I'm ready for some football.

Jeff George thought it was a bad hire and said so when he left town. AD George King made a number of questionable hires. Demos, Agase, Burtnet. He was much better on BB hires.

Several students overheard Jeff and his mom talking smack while driving on their golf cart while on campus.

I think Brohm opens up his playbook specifically for Moore & Bell. Passing game feels a little Tillerish?

So, I keep thinking how Moore came in as a 3* WR, and basically shocked everyone, on how good he really is. Do you really think Bell will be that good? If so, this offense could be breathtaking, with Moore, Bell, Wright, Rice, and Hopkins, at TE. And when they open up the field, I believe we've got three really good RB's in Fuller, Horvath, and King. Man, I'm ready for some football.
As far as Moore being a 3 star, Rivals admitted they screwed up big time in their evaluation of making him only a 3 star. I believe a lot of this was due to his size and them not taking his speed and his moves into account.

It blows my mind that Kory is 8" taller than Moore. Would love to see him get some catches in the end zone.
Came across this
from last year

Came across this
from last year

It was a source called NCAAF Nation which ranked the top 10 WR classes in the nation as of Feb 2018. We weren’t in that but they went out of their way to say that Kory Taylor is the Most Underrated WR in the nation. I think we all know that the real “Most Underrated WR” in the Nation was a man named Rondale Moore :)

Reactions: Flot
It was a source called NCAAF Nation which ranked the top 10 WR classes in the nation as of Feb 2018. We weren’t in that but they went out of their way to say that Kory Taylor is the Most Underrated WR in the nation. I think we all know that the real “Most Underrated WR” in the Nation was a man named Rondale Moore :)
Did they ever say why Kory was in shorts during the Spring game? Was he hurt?

Did Boilermaker24 mean HELL instead of HELP and choose not to type it that way? I have been wondering about that since the first time I read it?

One of only four Purdue coaches in almost 75 years to beat the Buckeyes away from Ross-Ade. Cecil Isbell and Bob DeMoss engineered a 1945 upset of then # 1 ranked 0SU in Cleveland. Stu Holcomb and Dale Samuels beat Woody in the horseshoe in 1952 when the Boilers shared the Big Ten Title. Jack Mollenkopf dealt Woody his worst home loss 41-6 in 1967 and Akers and freshman QB Brian Fox upset OSU 31-26 in 1988. Fox transferred to Florida after the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT