ADVERTISEMENT

To all the veterans on this board

PurduePete

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2008
I can’t imagine how you are feeling today.

I think I speak for most that we appreciate your sacrifice….. full stop.

I pray that you have the resources and support network you need to process everything.

I am more proud of our military today than I have ever been before.

Thoughts and prayers

I fully support the troops in the field. They've been put into an impossible situation.

I am very disappointed in the monumentally stupid decision and lack of planning/leadership that put a lot of good people into extreme danger.

Why give up Bagram Air Field, until you have removed all the civilians & Afghanis, who provided support for our troops? Makes less than no sense. Keep as many options open as possible, until the last of the troops are prepared to depart. This concept seemed to escape our leadership.

Biden didn't even notify the leaders of any of the NATO nations that were in Afghanistan with us, before he started the evacuation of our troops. It should have been obvious to everyone that a coordinated effort between all participants would have benefitted everyone. He reluctantly called Boris Johnson the day after and I'm still not sure he's talked to any others. First time in our history that a British PM denounced a US President on the floor of Parliament.

The Chinese are using this debacle as an example to Hong Kong, Taiwan & S. Korea that the US is NOT a good ally and you can't count on us to come to their aid.

We had 210K illegals cross our Southern border in July with about 10% of them Covid positive. We're seeing the fastest rise in inflation, since the Carter Administration. We are no longer energy independent and Biden is asking OPEC to increase production (makes less than NO sense). The Dem Congress is now pushing a $5 Trillion spending plan that is designed to strengthen their political power, but will do little for the country, while giving our grandchildren a monumental debt to pay. How many times are people going to allow Pelosi to push through massive spending bills, where she tells Congress they'll find out what's in the Bill, after they vote for it? Now we have this debacle to deal with.

I knew Biden was incompetent, since he's got almost a 5 decade track record to prove it, but in his first 7 months, he's been an absolute wrecking ball to our Nation and our Nation's reputation. He's the poster child for weakness and incompetence. Where's the guy that allegedly stood up to CornPop?

I fully expect Taiwan to fall next, since the Chinese are not afraid of the US, like they were 8 months ago.

I fully support the troops in the field. They've been put into an impossible situation.

I am very disappointed in the monumentally stupid decision and lack of planning/leadership that put a lot of good people into extreme danger.

Why give up Bagram Air Field, until you have removed all the civilians & Afghanis, who provided support for our troops? Makes less than no sense. Keep as many options open as possible, until the last of the troops are prepared to depart. This concept seemed to escape our leadership.

Biden didn't even notify the leaders of any of the NATO nations that were in Afghanistan with us, before he started the evacuation of our troops. It should have been obvious to everyone that a coordinated effort between all participants would have benefitted everyone. He reluctantly called Boris Johnson the day after and I'm still not sure he's talked to any others. First time in our history that a British PM denounced a US President on the floor of Parliament.

The Chinese are using this debacle as an example to Hong Kong, Taiwan & S. Korea that the US is NOT a good ally and you can't count on us to come to their aid.

We had 210K illegals cross our Southern border in July with about 10% of them Covid positive. We're seeing the fastest rise in inflation, since the Carter Administration. We are no longer energy independent and Biden is asking OPEC to increase production (makes less than NO sense). The Dem Congress is now pushing a $5 Trillion spending plan that is designed to strengthen their political power, but will do little for the country, while giving our grandchildren a monumental debt to pay. How many times are people going to allow Pelosi to push through massive spending bills, where she tells Congress they'll find out what's in the Bill, after they vote for it? Now we have this debacle to deal with.

I knew Biden was incompetent, since he's got almost a 5 decade track record to prove it, but in his first 7 months, he's been an absolute wrecking ball to our Nation and our Nation's reputation. He's the poster child for weakness and incompetence. Where's the guy that allegedly stood up to CornPop?

I fully expect Taiwan to fall next, since the Chinese are not afraid of the US, like they were 8 months ago.
+1,000

"He's been an absolute wrecking ball to our nation and our nation's reputation"... sounds like 45. Remember when his supporters tried to overthrow the government in January and he encouraged them?

"He's been an absolute wrecking ball to our nation and our nation's reputation"... sounds like 45. Remember when his supporters tried to overthrow the government in January and he encouraged them?
Watch it, man. You don't want to be accused of politicizing this thread by someone who posted a trashy political post in this thread!

I lost a best friend to this war, an IED took him away from his young son and daughter. He always knew it was going to end like this, nothing he experienced suggested there was any prospect of winning hearts and minds…we have spent 20 years putting brave men and women in the line of fire who have been forgotten at home by everyone. To those who served, take care of yourself during these trying days and thank you. Your service has meaning, your sacrifices are appreciated.

From reports, it sounds like people on the ground have been saying this was a lost cause from the start. If this is the case (and it sounds like this view has been passed up the ranks time and time again), then the blame for this debacle rests on every single president during this war. Every single president has had the opportunity to save American lives and get out of Afghanistan before now. To his credit, Trump said he wanted us out. But if we were never going to "win," it shouldn't even have come to Trump. Bush and Obama both had years to pull us out. It's shameful.

That said, I think that pretty much all of us who were never there should admit that we are completely ignorant about the situation and can it with the hyper-political nonsense.

Stop with that CNN/Dem talking point. When is the last time a group of UNARMED people tried to overthrow a government? You may want to engage your brain, before just accepting every talking point they hand you.

It's funny that Jan 6th protest was an insurrection and these people were trying to overthrow the government, but the Antifa & BLM riots that resulted in Billions of dollars of damage and multiple deaths were considered Peaceful Protests by the Left. Amazing powers of rationalization.

Btw, Trump was on record in 2017 talking about the steps he would take to get out of Afghanistan. Getting US civilians & Afghani allies out, before pulling out the troops was his priority. Perhaps Joe decided to do what he usually does - the opposite of Trump, which has been an abject failure.

Last edited:
Stop with that CNN/Dem talking point. When is the last time a group of UNARMED people tried to overthrow a government? You may want to engage your brain, before just accepting every talking point they hand you.

It's funny that Jan 6th protest was an insurrection and these people were trying to overthrow the government, but the Antifa & BLM riots that resulted in Billions of dollars of damage and multiple deaths were considered Peaceful Protests by the Left. Amazing powers of rationalization.

What a trashy post. This is like a fart at a funeral.

Last edited:
Spinning the hits again?

giphy.gif

Btw, Trump was on record in 2017 talking about the steps he would take to get out of Afghanistan. Getting US civilians & Afghani allies out, before pulling out the troops was his priority. Perhaps Joe decided to do what he usually does - the opposite of Trump, which has been an abject failure.
Unarmed is absolute crap and you know it. From PBS News Hour:
"Supporters of President Donald Trump planned for weeks to cause chaos in the nation’s capital on Jan. 6, yet when a Pro-Trump mob broke into the U.S. Capitol — some wielding lead pipes, zip ties, explosives and chemical irritants — law enforcement said they were caught off guard."

And of course you pulled a conservative whataboutism and tried to make it about the riots that followed George Floyd's murder. Seems you only get outraged at this type of violence when it's black people.

Trump told the mob to go get violent and fight for him. He lied about the election results and again did what dictators do, which is call the press fake. Media holds people like him accountable. It's absolutely HYSTERICAL that you're calling the objective worst president in U.S. history somehow better than Biden. Get the eff out.

Unarmed is absolute crap and you know it. From PBS News Hour:
"Supporters of President Donald Trump planned for weeks to cause chaos in the nation’s capital on Jan. 6, yet when a Pro-Trump mob broke into the U.S. Capitol — some wielding lead pipes, zip ties, explosives and chemical irritants — law enforcement said they were caught off guard."

Trump told the mob to go get violent and fight for him. He lied about the election results and again did what dictators do, which is call the press fake. Media holds people like him accountable. It's absolutely HYSTERICAL that you're calling the objective worst president in U.S. history somehow better than Biden. Get the eff out.

I know BM is a fool, but this really isn't the thread for this discussion. I know ATL is going to get all up in arms with his tired board police nonsense. But seriously, this isn't the thread for it.

Reactions: awthomps
I know BM is a fool, but this really isn't the thread for this discussion. I know ATL is going to get all up in arms with his tired board police nonsense. But seriously, this isn't the thread for it.
Really? He said a lot of things about Biden before my reply, but OK, I'm the one who made it political.

• Haha
Reactions: PurduePharm

So it's OK to quote the Fox/Trump/Rep talking points? I think this Afghan withdrawal was poorly thought out and implemented. Still not done. Your reasoning sounds like the nightly talking heads on Fox.

No reason for anybody to police stupidity. A sad day for America and it didn’t have to be this sad with so much bloodshed. By the way, just got to Chicago for a wedding. What was that steakhouse you had mentioned being at the top of your list?

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I doubt BoilerMadness has ever read anything outside of Breitbart or QAnon.
Lol is QAnon a publication somebody can read? Where is it available? I’ve never seen it at my public library. Man you’re full of the hits this afternoon!

I feel for the troops. But I'm so glad we are getting our soldiers out of that shithole country. I've been waiting for sure since the end of the W/start of the Obama administration to bring everyone home. They didn't do it. Thankfully Trump negotiated this withdrawal and Biden followed through with it.

Reactions: TMan92
From reports, it sounds like people on the ground have been saying this was a lost cause from the start. If this is the case (and it sounds like this view has been passed up the ranks time and time again), then the blame for this debacle rests on every single president during this war. Every single president has had the opportunity to save American lives and get out of Afghanistan before now. To his credit, Trump said he wanted us out. But if we were never going to "win," it shouldn't even have come to Trump. Bush and Obama both had years to pull us out. It's shameful.

That said, I think that pretty much all of us who were never there should admit that we are completely ignorant about the situation and can it with the hyper-political nonsense.
Of course you want to downplay this, because your guy created this Fuster Cluck. I believe the majority of the country wanted us out of Afghanistan and we had no US deaths in the last 1.5 years, until NOW.

If we're going to depart a country like Afghanistan, we don't give up Bagram Air Field, until the last troops are lifted off and heading for home. We get all the Civilians and most of the Afghani support people out, before the troops leave. We also vet all the Afghanis that we are going to allow into the US, which still hasn't been done yet. A lot of this administrative work could have and should have been done long ago.

I doubt many people are upset that we are leaving, but anyone with a clue is very upset with the way this extraction has been fowled up. We should have been able to get out with ZERO deaths. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we're going to see a lot more deaths, since our blood has been shed and no one fears the our leaderless country.

Of course you want to downplay this, because your guy created this Fuster Cluck. I believe the majority of the country wanted us out of Afghanistan and we had no US deaths in the last 1.5 years, until NOW.

If we're going to depart a country like Afghanistan, we don't give up Bagram Air Field, until the last troops are lifted off and heading for home. We get all the Civilians and most of the Afghani support people out, before the troops leave. We also vet all the Afghanis that we are going to allow into the US, which still hasn't been done yet. A lot of this administrative work could have and should have been done long ago.

I doubt many people are upset that we are leaving, but anyone with a clue is very upset with the way this extraction has been fowled up. We should have been able to get out with ZERO deaths. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we're going to see a lot more deaths, since our blood has been shed and no one fears the our leaderless country.

You have no clue about it. I'm not going to pretend that I know about the situation, but that you think you have a clue says more about you than anyone else. Your lack of tact, knowledge and any sense of humility really highlights what is wrong with people on the internet.

EDIT: Yes, I saw your bait below. I'm not going to engage anymore in this thread. On yer bike.

Reactions: peterad1 and stout1
For the men in women in uniform on the ground, State Department and Intelligence officers, they serve with honor and I understand and love that. What is hard is that politicians (on both sides of the isle) that engage in war, make changes to leadership in the war platforms make their decisions and are not honor bound in the same way as the troops. Reasons for remaining in war vs accomplishing goals and leaving are all political and $$$$ driven. What I find truly difficult comprehend is that there seems to be zero contingencies in place to mow down ISIS and even the Taliban if they get in our way for a full and complete withdrawal of US Citizens and the Afghan nationals that assisted our efforts at great peril to them and their families. I know for a fact that our intelligence efforts military and agency (CIA, NSA, etc) all saw this coming for over a year and the elected and appointed civilian officials did not make either president see reality for this "hard date" exit negotiated with the Taliban and not the corrupt government. I cannot name names but when people the level of giving daily national security briefings in the White House and also testify in closed sessions of Congress are tuned out.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT