ADVERTISEMENT

I’m reluctant to post this because I

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
Don’t want to generate posts on the subject. I’m only posting this for those inclined to pray to have the opportunity to do so. Dustin Smith lost his mother today. I’m sure the family could use prayers from any so inclined.

Please don’t expand this post as I’m not wanting to bring publicity to this, only an awareness of the family of a ball player we all appreciate whose family lost a loved one for any so inclined.

Thank you

I know one of the worst days in my life was when my mom died. She was killed by a drunk driver at 6;20 am, on March 10. We were extremely close and went to lunch often. For some reason on March 9, I was a selfish dick and cancelled the plans because of work (I was self-employed so no excuse). I lost that last chance. Part of me died that day and like above, I was lost.

My heart bleeds for Dustin. May he and his family find peace.

I know one of the worst days in my life was when my mom died. She was killed by a drunk driver at 6;20 am, on March 10. We were extremely close and went to lunch often. For some reason on March 9, I was a selfish dick and cancelled the plans because of work (I was self-employed so no excuse). I lost that last chance. Part of me died that day and like above, I was lost.

My heart bleeds for Dustin. May he and his family find peace.
Trying to not expand this thread much since I imagine they want some privacy. That said many of us that have taken time to reflect either now know or will know the ignorance of youth that many times believe tomorrow will be no different than today...fully unaware they will have questions unanswered in the future. I would gladly trade a year off my future to have back a year of in past...

Trying to not expand this thread much since I imagine they want some privacy. That said many of us that have taken time to reflect either now know or will know the ignorance of youth that many times believe tomorrow will be no different than today...fully unaware they will have questions unanswered in the future. I would gladly trade a year off my future to have back a year of in past...
same here on your last sentence

Reactions: tjreese
I'm trying again not to expand this, but I was 20 when my father was paralyzed and couldn't speak and then died 11 years later. Mother died when I was 46...last 3 years she lived with a sister in Springfield, Ohio since we decided to pay her instead of a nursing home. We all have our battles. The players all have battles, and it is not all glory for them. Life is tough...life is not fair, but we all have the opportunity to play our hands to the best of our ability.

Right now I would probably post Ooh La La by Rod Stewart and/or Faces

"I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was younger
I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was stronger"

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT