ADVERTISEMENT

TJD

Do you think you’ll crack the top half of the conference? All the little brothers are out in force, all because the NBA said their best player isn’t good enough. Again.
If TJD was 6’11” he’d be fine in the NBA. Unfortunately for him, he doesn’t have great height/length for the 5 spot. He needs to be able to shoot a bit to play in the NBA. He hasn’t shown that he can do that in a game yet.

Wager? Or are you not old enough?
Little guy talking trash on Big Brother’s site, celebrating the fact that the NBA said your best player still isn’t good enough for the League! Rush the court moment for you guys, just like it will be if you finish in the top half of the BiG. Woody said he’d get him ready. What happened? Was Woody the Pecker lying or just incompetent?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Little guy talking trash on Big Brother’s site, celebrating the fact that the NBA said your best player still isn’t good enough for the League! Rush the court moment for you guys, just like it will be if you finish in the top half of the BiG. Woody said he’d get him ready. What happened? Was Woody the Pecker lying or just incompetent?
Incompetence? Like losing to a 15 seed? 13 seed? You still standing in Mackey looking up at a stick?

Incompetence? Like losing to a 15 seed? 13 seed? You still standing in Mackey looking up at a stick?
Woodson told TJD to return to school last year and that he’d make him NBA ready. He obviously failed to do that. Was he lying or just not capable of following through on his promise?

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I’m not sure what this thread is doing on here. He’s a average player on a poor team.
Sometimes I find myself in awe of the hatred some of you guys have for IU. Edey averaged 14 and 8 and my first thought when I saw he was returning was “damn, I was hoping he’d stay in the draft.” TJD has averaged 17 and 9 for his career (17 & 8 in conference last season), and you don’t just say he sucks; you actually try to defend your position. If that’s the mark of an average player on a poor team, I’ll take a team of 5 average players just like him any day of the week.

Sometimes I find myself in awe of the hatred some of you guys have for IU. Edey averaged 14 and 8 and my first thought when I saw he was returning was “damn, I was hoping he’d stay in the draft.” TJD has averaged 17 and 9 for his career (17 & 8 in conference last season), and you don’t just say he sucks; you actually try to defend your position. If that’s the mark of an average player on a poor team, I’ll take a team of 5 average players just like him any day of the week.
Yeah, nobody here made a post about Zach on Peegs...

Flipping morons wonder why the responses are brutal...

So far in the first page of this thread:
  • He sucks so bad
  • Quitter
  • Can't shoot
  • Underachieving five star
  • Bad NBA feedback
  • Not good enough
  • Playing for a dummy, who now looks like a pecker because Trayce is coming back
  • Sucks (again) with "leads to blowouts" thrown in
  • Interested in NIL and Euro $$
  • May not be as tall as advertised
I guess this makes me wonder if he'll be good enough to play in the B1G (;)).

I also wonder, with so many here concerned about mercenaries that change teams too often, why such negativity to a player who will stay for four years and get a degree before going pro, whether his pro days are in the NBA or not? Long before NIL, he decided to stay for multiple years rather than try to climb through the G League or Eurpoe into the NBA.
I actually agree, no problem with him returning. Let’s be honest though, without NIL he wouldn’t be back, IU should be a second weekend tourney team.

I actually agree, no problem with him returning. Let’s be honest though, without NIL he wouldn’t be back, IU should be a second weekend tourney team.
He’s a good college player. He has elite athleticism. Poor shot. I also think he’s 6’8”. He will get his college numbers and be in the conversation for Big10 PYOY. But NBA ready. No.

Reactions: Zaphod_B and DAG10
I think the team honestly does better when he was on the bench. He and race clog the lanes for the guards who can’t shoot and when he get more than 6’ from the basket he can’t hit either. Maybe woody can work on a motion offense to give the guards a chance to drive to the basket.

Reactions: pboiler18
It's because an IU fan started a thread on our site saying that TJD was coming back. Did any PU fan do that on Peegs with Zach coming back? If they did, I'm sure they got the same treatment. What do you want us to say on our site? Congratulations, your guy wasn't good enough to play in the league so he's coming back to IU.

Why even come here to post? I've never even been on your site and don't know why you'd care what we think. If we said TJD was great and we are so scared because he's coming back, would that make you feel better??

It's because an IU fan started a thread on our site saying that TJD was coming back. Did any PU fan do that on Peegs with Zach coming back? If they did, I'm sure they got the same treatment. What do you want us to say on our site? Congratulations, your guy wasn't good enough to play in the league so he's coming back to IU.

Why even come here to post? I've never even been on your site and don't know why you'd care what we think. If we said TJD was great and we are so scared because he's coming back, would that make you feel better??
I actually dropped in to read the thread on Ivey. This thread was at the top as well so I thought it might be worth checking out. I probably should’ve anticipated the same old “tHiS iS OUr bOARd WHy ArE yoU hERe” crap. God forbid basketball fans actually discuss anything but their favorite team with anyone outside their own fan base…

Their obsession with what we think is very real and this thread just proves it. TJD coming back is kinda funny because a supposed superstar and NBA talent, doesn't flame out the way that he did.

He will grab the NIL money (as he should) and then move on. We Purdue fans need to remember to be nice to him though and tip him well when he delivers your pizza in a couple years. Harsh I know, but this is what the IU fans should expect for starting such an irrelevant thread on a rival's board.

The only question now is, did they get rings for his return?

I actually dropped in to read the thread on Ivey. This thread was at the top as well so I thought it might be worth checking out. I probably should’ve anticipated the same old “tHiS iS OUr bOARd WHy ArE yoU hERe” crap. God forbid basketball fans actually discuss anything but their favorite team with anyone outside their own fan base…
This thread was started by one of your IU brethren. What did you think would happen about a topic no one outside of IU cares about? You want to talk about IU? Stay on your on board.

Those guys weren’t 5 stars.
Zeller was. IU has only had 5 consensus 5 star players in the past 20 years. All were drafted in the first round and 3 went in the top 10 (Gordon, Zeller, and Vonleh).

In that same time frame, Blackmon, Ferrell, Bryant, and Lander were fringe 5 star players. The other two fringe 5 star players are incoming freshmen. Everyone else was a 4 star or lower.

Reactions: Sinkme
Granted, my memory ages fast in Boiler years, but I thought Cody Zeller was definitely a 5* rated in the top 10 (or close to it) nationally. Lenny should be able to verify that. :)

Victor Oladipo was a 3*, IIRC.
You’re correct on all counts. I believe Zeller was actually ranked 10th. Oladipo barely made the top 125.

Zeller was. IU has only had 5 consensus 5 star players in the past 20 years. All were drafted in the first round and 3 went in the top 10 (Gordon, Zeller, and Vonleh).

In that same time frame, Blackmon, Ferrell, Bryant, and Lander were fringe 5 star players. The other two fringe 5 star players are incoming freshmen. Everyone else was a 4 star or lower.
Name another 5 star who had 3 offers.

Name another 5 star who had 3 offers.
24/7 had him at 10th, ESPN had him at 14th, and Rivals had him at 15th. All 5* rankings.

You should really check out this thing called Google. You just type in some words, something like “Cody Zeller recruiting,” for example, and it spits out information. It’s really convenient and will help you sound like you know what you’re talking about.

TJD is a good college player, but I'm not sure his game equates to the NBA today without a shot or decent dribble.

IU will or should be top 3/5 possibly higher, but CMP has shown us over the years he just wins at a high clip when least expected. Guard play has worried us Purdue fans over the years and this one is no different.

What kind of absolute moron are you? An IU fan started this thread about an IU player on a Purdue board, somehow with an intention on bragging about him coming back. And you question the responses?

What kind of absolute moron are you? An IU fan started this thread about an IU player on a Purdue board, somehow with an intention on bragging about him coming back. And you question the responses?
Plus, there's a boiler poster that somehow lives on their free board 🤔, but has said he doesn't visit our free board. I know it's kind of weird, but he gets the same treatment on the IU board after defending Purdue.

The IU fan base has some holier-than-thou people on their board and for no good reason.

Reactions: BBG
24/7 had him at 10th, ESPN had him at 14th, and Rivals had him at 15th. All 5* rankings.

You should really check out this thing called Google. You just type in some words, something like “Cody Zeller recruiting,” for example, and it spits out information. It’s really convenient and will help you sound like you know what you’re talking about.
STFU. He had 3 offers, and one of them was a pity offer from UNC.

Reactions: BBG
TJD is a good college player, but I'm not sure his game equates to the NBA today without a shot or decent dribble.

IU will or should be top 3/5 possibly higher, but CMP has shown us over the years he just wins at a high clip when least expected. Guard play has worried us Purdue fans over the years and this one is no different.
Guards have just sucked in the B1G overall. What guard wants to play in a conference full of Brad Davisons hitting you and yanking you to the floor. They need to clean this conference up.

STFU. He had 3 offers, and one of them was a pity offer from UNC.
No it wasn’t. They wanted him. He actually only let those 3 recruit him. He honed in on those 3 early. They fell for the Crean snake oil. It was Cody’s decision though. Being in southern indiana I saw him play a lot. He was easily a 5 star. Transformed that IU team immediately.

All the guy did was post a link. Unless he edited his original post, I don’t see any chest thumping. I wouldn’t question the responses if he was talking s*** but there’s nothing in that post to indicate that was his intention.

And you can’t really expect me to assume every IU thread is an attempt to troll when you currently have a 9 page discussion titled “Woodson and Indiana Basketball” that was started by a PU poster. I’ve been posting on this board off and on since 2011 and had plenty of reasonable discussions with some PU fans.

Love Painter as a complete package Coach.

It’s definitely not too late, but damn he needs a ball handler or two for next year. Plenty of other pieces though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT