ADVERTISEMENT

TIME TO HIRE A FOOTBALL COACH!

So if Purdue hired the Northern Illinois coach, who many here have stated that they are interested in, would that be bad because it's a DEI hire? Or is it only a DEI hire after he starts to suck?

So if Purdue hired the Northern Illinois coach, who many here have stated that they are interested in, would that be bad because it's a DEI hire? Or is it only a DEI hire after he starts to suck?
I'll answer your question this way! What are the chances, if Walters had been a white, that he would have even been considered? Furthermore, if someone has a record as a head coach, regardless of ethnicity, I would not be questioning the hiring. Also, DEI hiring is rampant on college campuses throughout the country, so if someone with no head coaching experience was the absolute best possible candidate to be the head coach, what possible qualification did he posses that others did not?

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18
I'll answer your question this way! What are the chances, if Walters had been a white, that he would have even been considered? Furthermore, if someone has a record as a head coach, regardless of ethnicity, I would not be questioning the hiring. Also, DEI hiring is rampant on college campuses throughout the country, so if someone with no head coaching experience was the absolute best possible candidate to be the head coach, what possible qualification did he posses that others did not?
Then say that instead of spewing garbage.

Reactions: BBG
He was a successful DC at Illinois for one thing. DC's sometimes don't make good head coaches.

You calling it a DEI hire is just flat out wrong and embarrassing.
Being a DC is not a qualification for being a head coach, just the same as being an OC is not! There was no reason to rush hiring a new head coach, because there was no possible way to do an adequate search, so my question remains, what was it that made Walters the outstanding candidate? It could not have been his coaching experience!

Then say that instead of spewing garbage.
I did just say it, and the saying it was a DEI hiring is not spewing garbage. It is very prevalent on college campuses throughout the country. The Harvard President hire is a perfect example. Is saying that also spewing garage?

Being a DC is not a qualification for being a head coach, just the same as being an OC is not! There was no reason to rush hiring a new head coach, because there was no possible way to do an adequate search, so my question remains, what was it that made Walters the outstanding candidate? It could not have been his coaching experience!
I have a theory, not too many were interested and it was kinda of a late hire. Also MBOB is a nd grad and I'm sure he keeps tabs on his alma mater. When they hired their current coach he never was a HC and maybe MBOB thought go w/ a young DC and follow their nd's lead

I did just say it, and the saying it was a DEI hiring is not spewing garbage. It is very prevalent on college campuses throughout the country. The Harvard President hire is a perfect example. Is saying that also spewing garage?
Unless you have facts, it's unfair speculation. But whatever.

Unless you have facts, it's unfair speculation. But whatever.
Well do you have facts that it wasn't a DEI hire? I very much doubt, so you are speculating also! I think you are overreacting to what I'm saying! I'm not blaming or downing Walters, it's the AD who is at fault. Walters did not hire himself or demand he be hired because of his ethnicity! The AD may have been told what he had to do or the AD himself may have decided on his own. Either way, it was a hasty hiring, and most certainly not the best qualified potentially available person, but now Purdue is stuck because they probably cannot afford to get rid of Walters plus hire another coach!

I wasn’t a huge fan of the last 5 Purdue coaching hires! I also was not a fan of the salary given to any of the coaches. I liked the hiring of Coach Young. As I look back. It appears Purdue is hiring coaches using Purdue as a stepping stone rather than as a final destination. People here are against hiring old experienced coaches saying they won’t coach for many years. Well, hope, Hazell , Brohm or Walters is going to stay at Purdue for 5 years.

I don’t agree with the philosophy of hiring someone on potential rather than actual experience. I look at Iowa and Wisconsin. They hired experienced head coaches and they end up with winning seasons. Their budget isn’t any bigger than Purdue. So why do they win and Purdue loses?

I don’t like people playing the race card! Or inserting politics into athletics.

If I were Purdue’s Ad, I would have hired someone different and rather than hiring based on race, I would look at their win/loss record and their level of competition

I remember nd hiring that cincy high school coach. He was clearly not prepared to take over that position.

I realize Purdue hired Walters because he had other offers. It was a very quick hire. If I was the ad knowing Brohm wanted to return to Louisville I would have a list of 5 coaches to replace him. It appears the Purdue ad was caught by surprise. I would have taken more time in the interview process.

I don’t know much about the IU hire or the hiring / interview process involved.

I liked Walter’s choices of assistant coaches. I did question the signing of card to be the qb to run the offense. I’ll ask, whose decision was that? Did Walters sign card because he was trying to make sa recruiting splash signing a portal qb? Or was card the choice of his OC?

I see many mistakes that have been made in the past decade. Maybe Myles would have been the smarter choice over what we currently have.

My choices at the time were Tressel and Bobby Bowden. They both had experience and also success. I also liked the coaches that left Wisconsin. Pitrino. Did a nice job at both Nebraska and Louisville

I am saddened by Purdue’s continued hiring of younger coaches. With little division 1 experience. I’m also saddened more diving 1 coaches have very little interest in wanting to coach at Purdue. As I said Iowa and Wisconsin are not a better destination financially. The facilities are equal. But they win and Purdue continues to lose. Even northwestern wins!

I wasn’t a huge fan of the last 5 Purdue coaching hires! I also was not a fan of the salary given to any of the coaches. I liked the hiring of Coach Young. As I look back. It appears Purdue is hiring coaches using Purdue as a stepping stone rather than as a final destination. People here are against hiring old experienced coaches saying they won’t coach for many years. Well, hope, Hazell , Brohm or Walters is going to stay at Purdue for 5 years.

I don’t agree with the philosophy of hiring someone on potential rather than actual experience. I look at Iowa and Wisconsin. They hired experienced head coaches and they end up with winning seasons. Their budget isn’t any bigger than Purdue. So why do they win and Purdue loses?

I don’t like people playing the race card! Or inserting politics into athletics.

If I were Purdue’s Ad, I would have hired someone different and rather than hiring based on race, I would look at their win/loss record and their level of competition

I remember nd hiring that cincy high school coach. He was clearly not prepared to take over that position.

I realize Purdue hired Walters because he had other offers. It was a very quick hire. If I was the ad knowing Brohm wanted to return to Louisville I would have a list of 5 coaches to replace him. It appears the Purdue ad was caught by surprise. I would have taken more time in the interview process.

I don’t know much about the IU hire or the hiring / interview process involved.

I liked Walter’s choices of assistant coaches. I did question the signing of card to be the qb to run the offense. I’ll ask, whose decision was that? Did Walters sign card because he was trying to make sa recruiting splash signing a portal qb? Or was card the choice of his OC?

I see many mistakes that have been made in the past decade. Maybe Myles would have been the smarter choice over what we currently have.

My choices at the time were Tressel and Bobby Bowden. They both had experience and also success. I also liked the coaches that left Wisconsin. Pitrino. Did a nice job at both Nebraska and Louisville

I am saddened by Purdue’s continued hiring of younger coaches. With little division 1 experience. I’m also saddened more diving 1 coaches have very little interest in wanting to coach at Purdue. As I said Iowa and Wisconsin are not a better destination financially. The facilities are equal. But they win and Purdue continues to lose. Even northwestern wins!
You are an embarrassment. Not a DEI offer. And Iowa’s last head coach hire was an NFL position coach when they hired him… 26 years ago lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT