ADVERTISEMENT

Time for payback. How much do we beat the Gophers tomorrow?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
It is time for payback on the Gophers, especially after one of the worst offensive pass interference calls I have ever seen in last year's game. That official had to have money on the game.

How bad do we beat the Gophers tomorrow? I am saying 27-17 good guys.

It is time for payback on the Gophers, especially after one of the worst offensive pass interference calls I have ever seen in last year's game. That official had to have money on the game.

How bad do we beat the Gophers tomorrow? I am saying 27-17 good guys.
I've been watching Purdue football for over half a century and for whatever reason, Purdue vs Minny has been chock full of stunning, staggering, great games. I don't know how many times I've seen last second FGs, outrageous penalties, great passes and a freaky frequency of games decided in the final minute.

My hunch is that we'll see another one of those tomorrow.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Half of me thinks tomorrow is when we see things open up, Aidan lets it rip, and the passing attack comes alive. The other half of me sees another offensive struggle with our run defense ultimately taking on more than it can handle.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I've been watching Purdue football for over half a century and for whatever reason, Purdue vs Minny has been chock full of stunning, staggering, great games. I don't know how many times I've seen last second FGs, outrageous penalties, great passes and a freaky frequency of games decided in the final minute.

My hunch is that we'll see another one of those tomorrow.
I think that's partly because these two programs have been fairly evenly matched a lot of the time. There have been many exciting score-a-thons in this series since the mid-90s. But the Rodents have had the upper hand lately, winning 9 of the last 12.

Weather seems to be getting worse by the hour. I don’t think that bodes well for us but I’m hoping it can be decent from 12-3.
Would be interesting to know if weather would influence Brohm's decision at QB. I for one want to see AOC start tomorrow but Plummer might be the conservative choice if the weather is bad.

Would be interesting to know if weather would influence Brohm's decision at QB. I for one want to see AOC start tomorrow but Plummer might be the conservative choice if the weather is bad.
Start the Arizona kid in the rain?

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue80
Half of me thinks tomorrow is when we see things open up, Aidan lets it rip, and the passing attack comes alive. The other half of me sees another offensive struggle with our run defense ultimately taking on more than it can handle.
I'm in your camp. I see another close contest that turns into a puncher's chance at the end.
Frustrating & entertaining all in one.

Purdue 23 MN 20 in OT ... only cause it is at home.

Reactions: YouSayPotato
Weather seems to be getting worse by the hour. I don’t think that bodes well for us but I’m hoping it can be decent from 12-3.
I always wonder how much the weather forecast plays into the head coach's mind when putting a game plan together. If its me looking at the hourly forecast I'm thinking be aggressive out of the gate and try to score early on before everything gets soaked.

I always wonder how much the weather forecast plays into the head coach's mind when putting a game plan together. If its me looking at the hourly forecast I'm thinking be aggressive out of the gate and try to score early on before everything gets soaked.
We don't get paid the seven figures, but I hope all the coaches & Coach Brohm's wife & Brady all all in his ear with this same sentiment. Air that damn thing out early cause the ground and pound MN will beat us late if we don't.

I see thunderstorms in the forecast, wonder how that plays out? Delay...yadda, yadda, yadda cancelled or can they tarp the field and delay till cleared?

Last edited:
We don't get paid the seven figures, but I hope all the coaches & Coach Brohm's wife & Brady all all in his ear with this same sentiment. All that damn thing out early cause the ground and pound MN will beat us late if we don't.

I see thunderstorms in the forecast, wonder how that plays out? Delay...yadda, yadda, yadda cancelled or can they tarp the field and delay till cleared?
The game will be determined by the ability or inability of our offensive line to withstand the pummeling of the Gophers.

They have to open us up with the pass. If they can do that they’ll win by a touchdown plus. But that doesn’t seem so easy to do, on both ends

Feels like ‘91 all over again. Final score repeats 6-3, this time Purdue comes out on top.

AOC grew up in northern Michigan I think if I remember correctly? Bad weather during a lot of his football season. I’m sure nothing phase is this kid. I remember a game against Minnesota where a guy named Drew Brees through for like seven touchdowns or some crazy number like that.

Plus for all of the people on here that keep reminding us that AOC throws a lot of interceptions, I remember another guy who wore the Old Gold & Black 20 years or so ago who was also a gunslinger and had quite a few interceptions during his career. He seemed to be a keeper

I do not like the rain forecast. It seems like every year rain factors into one loss and I hope this isn't the one because I'm tired of losing to Fleck. An ugly game favors them unfortunately, but hopefully I'm wrong. Jackson A might be the MVP with the screen game and his reliable hands and a wet football. Have to show a pulse running the ball. Big George is overdue for a game where his talent tips the scale of the game with some momentum changing plays, I think Purdue needs this to be it.

Also, has Bell practiced? He is the other receiver I think you can obviously trust in a wet environment throwing the ball, but if he hasn't returned to practice it's highly unlikely he suits up and is still in concussion protocol.

I can think of two bad weather games in the Brohm era (Eastern Mich and Illinois) and both were loses where the team looked bad (were there anymore?) Brohm needs to prove he can win with his offense in bad weather but I think today could come down to the O-lines which seems like bad news for Purdue.

I can think of two bad weather games in the Brohm era (Eastern Mich and Illinois) and both were loses where the team looked bad (were there anymore?) Brohm needs to prove he can win with his offense in bad weather but I think today could come down to the O-lines which seems like bad news for Purdue.
Michigan State 2018 was a little wet

AOC grew up in northern Michigan I think if I remember correctly? Bad weather during a lot of his football season. I’m sure nothing phase is this kid. I remember a game against Minnesota where a guy named Drew Brees through for like seven touchdowns or some crazy number like that.

Plus for all of the people on here that keep reminding us that AOC throws a lot of interceptions, I remember another guy who wore the Old Gold & Black 20 years or so ago who was also a gunslinger and had quite a few interceptions during his career. He seemed to be a keeper
You were close. 1998 - I took my girlfriend (at the time) to that game. It rained basically up to game time and then stopped a little before kickoff. Brees tore Minnesota’s man defense to shreds. 522 yards passing and 6 TD passes. I think the final score was Purdue 56 Minnesota 21. It was a fun game to watch as it seemed like we scored everytime we had possession.

You were close. 1998 - I took my girlfriend (at the time) to that game. It rained basically up to game time and then stopped a little before kickoff. Brees tore Minnesota’s man defense to shreds. 522 yards passing and 6 TD passes. I think the final score was Purdue 56 Minnesota 21. It was a fun game to watch as it seemed like we scored everytime we had possession.
That’s right! I remember that, I remember looking up at the press box from section 221 thinking “holy cow that thing is so rusty I hope the wind doesn’t blow too much because it’s gonna fall over onto the stands”

Eastern Michigan ‘18
Michigan St ‘18
Illinois ‘19
Indiana ‘19
Minnesota ‘21

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT