ADVERTISEMENT

One stat will determine how far we go...

Aug 31, 2010
TURNOVERS!!!!! If we turn the ball over 10 times or less per game we go to the final four, simple as that. 5-19 from the three point line doesn’t bother me because we rebound (I would guess) 20-25% of those misses. Sometimes our best offense are missed shots that we put back for buckets. “Eighty-eight points and out rebounding your opponent by 25 should be enough to win.” I agree with CMP there. We can’t offensive rebound missed shots if we have 17 empty possessions!!!! We have to value the basketball more, PERIOD. All you complaining about us not stopping Boo Bouie... no one will. He is one of the craftiest guards in college ball who can score at all three offensive levels, and did not turn the ball over a single time all night. He will play professionally next year whether in the league or over seas. Listen he was gonna get his, just like Zach did, but you can’t let TWO OTHER GUYS SCORE 20+ on you. That needs to be fixed. With all that being said it doesn’t matter a lick IF WE STOP TURNING IT OVER 10+ times!!

TURNOVERS!!!!! If we turn the ball over 10 times or less per game we go to the final four, simple as that. 5-19 from the three point line doesn’t bother me because we rebound (I would guess) 20-25% of those misses. Sometimes our best offense are missed shots that we put back for buckets. “Eighty-eight points and out rebounding your opponent by 25 should be enough to win.” I agree with CMP there. We can’t offensive rebound missed shots if we have 17 empty possessions!!!! We have to value the basketball more, PERIOD. All you complaining about us not stopping Boo Bouie... no one will. He is one of the craftiest guards in college ball who can score at all three offensive levels, and did not turn the ball over a single time all night. He will play professionally next year whether in the league or over seas. Listen he was gonna get his, just like Zach did, but you can’t let TWO OTHER GUYS SCORE 20+ on you. That needs to be fixed. With all that being said it doesn’t matter a lick IF WE STOP TURNING IT OVER 10+ times!!
Turnovers and missed layups lost us the game today. We should have won by at least 15 points. Probably missed like 10 easy layups.

While I don’t totally disagree with that opinion I think they had 5 layups/dunks not completed because Zach alters so many shots and there were a few missed closed range shots from players not named Boo Bouie as well. I am not saying it was a wash but I am saying that the bigger discrepancy was 17-3 differential on the TO margin. Keep that number close we win going away. PROTECT THE BALL WE WIN!!

Reactions: Boiler Buck
While I don’t totally disagree with that opinion I think they had 5 layups/dunks not completed because Zach alters so many shots and there were a few missed closed range shots from players not named Boo Bouie as well. I am not saying it was a wash but I am saying that the bigger discrepancy was 17-3 differential on the TO margin. Keep that number close we win going away. PROTECT THE BALL WE WIN!!
turnovers were the biggest factor last night

Toward the end…everything was going to Edey…even I can defense that! Really…the more I think about it, I really believe NU was baiting us to do that? We cannot ever give up our basic offense and movement!…which we did.

The other thing…when you commit over 12 fouls in a half, I really think you should get three to make two and the ball back? That should cure the fouling which is so prevalent in today’s college game?

This is the best comment I’ve seen. Having 17 turnovers will not win many games. On the bright side we nearly won with 17 turnovers and bouie having a career game.
Shows how good we are that on a ‘bad night’ we are still in a position to win when another team plays one of their best games of the year. Clean up what we can control and good things will happen!!

Agree somewhat. If Purdue keeps choking shooting the three in the tourney or pressured by lesser teams they should easily beat ( NW) they will likely lose. Last night 26%, 14% for those not named Loyer.

Losing to NU, even if they play out of their mind, shouldn’t happen.

Because of extremely strong guard play, I believe NU is a top 6 team in the B10 and a likely NCAAT team.

Have to check them out in the road to see if they are 3rd....or 6th?? I have Illinois and Purdue #2, #1 respectively.

Nope it doesn’t but that is probably why he didn’t play a lick after splitting a pair on my three straight trips. CMP course corrected that and he ended up shooting 75% for the line for the game I think. I’ll take that a stage about every game.

Nope it doesn’t but that is probably why he didn’t play a lick after splitting a pair on my three straight trips. CMP course corrected that and he ended up shooting 75% for the line for the game I think. I’ll take that a stage about every game.
*Edit I meant the team shot 75% from the line, not TKR. He had to correct that if he wants to play late in games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT