ADVERTISEMENT

Throw some names for coaches next year….

It’s a huge IF. We won’t be favored in a single game the rest of the year.

This didn’t have to be a “rebuild “. We still have 3/5 starting linemen from Brohms teams. We hired a guy with an awful scheme and tried to build a defense that just doesn’t make sense to run at this level.

Coaching has cost us here.
a big factor in football is depth. Purdue will win games - starting tomorrow.

Ah yes, the 8-4 to 4-8 then worse In Year 2 rebuild.

We suck. Face it.
You thought watching the citrus bowl that this will be fine. Looks like a solid foundation for this new coach, and he should absolutely win the west again. You are not a serious sports fan. But then again, you’re a Georgia guy who’s seen nothing but perfection recently so that’s your standard.

And I’m not gonna lie, I hate you because I flew to Florida to watch us blow a game vs trash Quincy Carter and Terrance Edwards and Randy McMichael. I had to listen to what sounded like “I’ve been workin on the railroad” after every single play. F you and F your Alma mater 🤣

You thought watching the citrus bowl that this will be fine. Looks like a solid foundation for this new coach, and he should absolutely win the west again. You are not a serious sports fan. But then again, you’re a Georgia guy who’s seen nothing but perfection recently so that’s your standard.

And I’m not gonna lie, I hate you because I flew to Florida to watch us blow a game vs trash Quincy Carter and Terrance Edwards and Randy McMichael. I had to listen to what sounded like “I’ve been workin on the railroad” after every single play. F you and F your Alma mater 🤣
Of course a team missing its QB who’s on an NFL roster, it’s leading 2 receivers, it’s head coach and top 2 defensive playmakers is going to struggle in a game. That bowl game said 0 about the future of this program. Walters has had 21 months to turn this around and has made the team worse, not better.

I didn’t start at UGA until 2004. I was at both UGA vs Purdue bowl games in Purdue gear.

UGA fans mostly suck but this alum knows football and knows he’s watching a bad staff and a poorly coached team!

Of course a team missing its QB who’s on an NFL roster, it’s leading 2 receivers, it’s head coach and top 2 defensive playmakers is going to struggle in a game. That bowl game said 0 about the future of this program. Walters has had 21 months to turn this around and has made the team worse, not better.

I didn’t start at UGA until 2004. I was at both UGA vs Purdue bowl games in Purdue gear.

UGA fans mostly suck but this alum knows football and knows he’s watching a bad staff and a poorly coached team!
But it was 63-7. Could’ve been whatever LSU wanted it to be. And that’s quite literally against what returned for 2023. Actually less than what returned. But you somehow thought that would be good?

Also I hate you because a sorry 8 or 9 seed Georgia team knocked us out as a 1 seed in the basketball tourney in like 1996. Maybe that was the year we lucked out vs 16 seed western Carolina but either way seriously F the entire state of Georgia. I’m not a fan at all 🤣

We are worse because ND kicked our ass in a big way? That’s all you’ve seen. Obviously not a popular observation around here, but we get our asses stomped pretty regularly
Not 66-7 by a pretty meh squad. You keep acting like we lost to the 88 or 90 Irish….this ND team isnt in the same league as LSU…. Or OSU or Oregon….

Reactions: pboiler18
Not 66-7 by a pretty meh squad. You keep acting like we lost to the 88 or 90 Irish….this ND team isnt in the same league as LSU…. Or OSU or Oregon….
They have a top 10 roster. They’re a QB away. They suffered a monumental upset and you determined that they are no good from that. You’re a little too into one game samples

Reactions: z_one
They have a top 10 roster. They’re a QB away. They suffered a monumental upset and you determined that they are no good from that. You’re a little too into one game samples
We should never lose 66-7 to a team that’s “a QB away.”

Any team that’s “a QB away” isn’t a great team.

Reactions: BBG
Of course we shouldn’t. But we did. And we e seen similar results on many other occasions.

agree, and I'll play along, Candle, Dickert, and Chadwell, but as w/ any names mentioned would they come here? Dickert has some intrigue, decent success at an hard place to recruit to, they lost their conference affiliation, he's from Wisconsin ( maybe would like to get closer to home)
Bumping this up because I’m beginning to buy into Jamey Chadwell. All he has done since this discussion is win. Has the successful head coach experience, offensive minded, and young. Unfortunately looks like he’s spent his whole career in the south Atlantic coast and with young kids he might be holding out for a job on that part of the country and this could be the year that happens.

I'm 100% on board with acknowledging his resume was remarkably thin to be stepping into a B1G head coaching gig. Like many Purdue fans, I'm critical of the results and wonder what kind of mentality he's building in the program after getting crushed by 59 points at home.

It's calling Walter's a "DEI hire" that I'm calling BS. That strikes me as a baseless stab at injecting culture war melodrama into the situation. Like I said before, Walters wasn't anybody's first choice. I also appreciate that you weren't the one to make that claim in this thread.
I have yet to hear what made Walters the best possible choice to be Purdue's new HC, so what are the possible reasons he was hired. Did the AD decide that taking the best possible candidate was not what he wanted to do? And it's hard to believe that there could have been much of a search when it only took 5 days!

Jason Candle would make the most sense(Toledo) but honestly, Toledo may be sitting at a spot that's equal to Purdues chances of making the College Football Playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT